OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

RIP. "I believe in you!"

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Comcastic:

Thank you for being patient. My name is Vibhuti. Please allow me a few minutes to review your previous conversation.

From You,​

Vibhuti, you're number six

From Agent,​

I can understand how it feels when being a customer and getting turn arounds when all you are looking for is resolution.

From Agent,​

Please allow me couple of minutes to check details on your account and I'll do my best to get your requests taken care of today.

From You,​

ok

From You,​

Thank you

From Agent,​

Just to confirm, your DVR recordings are getting cut off?

From You,​

Specifically live sports

From You,​

Because they have no finite end time the DVR says it will extend the recording to fit the whole game

From You,​

It does so maybe 2 out of three times

From You,​

Today it cut off directly at 3 hours and that happened to be 8 of 9 innings

From You,​

That was last night's game

From You,​

That I was watching earlier today

From Agent,​

Oh I can understand the importance of the services because somehow i am also a customer, please let me check it for you

From You,​

The recording priorities have these sports recordings at the top of the list

From You,​

Thank you

From Agent,​

I'll be performing some troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue, please stay connected

From You,​

I'm not going anywhere. It's the chat program that boots me

From Agent,​

To ensure we have an uninterrupted conversation, please do not toggle the chat window or click on back/refresh button so we don't lose each other.

From Agent,​

May I know the name of the recorded program

From You,​

hmm

From You,​

one sec

From Agent,​

Sure take your time

From You,​

MLB Baseball: San Francisco Giants at New York Mets. Recorded 4/20

From Agent,​

Thank you so much for the details

From You,​

NP

From You,​

There's one on there from today I've not had a chance to watch yet

From You,​

I don't actually know if that one is cut off or runs over. But like I said, it's about 2 out of 3 where it doesn't extend the recording.

From Agent,​

That's helpful. I appreciate the additional detail.

From You,​

The folder is named "San Francisco Giants"

From You,​

But the recording itself has the name "MLB Baseball: San Francisco Giants...."

From Agent,​

I can see the recording for MLB baseball-CH for 04/21, can you please check if the recording for that is working

From You,​

It is

From You,​

But the one from yesterday is also there

From Agent,​

Ron it seems that let me check that for you

From You,​

ok

From Agent,​

Ron please allow me few minutes, I am working on it

From You,​

I can see the recording in the streams from my DVR via the website also

From You,​

Sure thing

From You,​

I took a screenshot but I can't seem to attach it here

From Agent,​

Oh so you can see from the stream app but not from the DVR cable bo

From Agent,​

Box*

From You,​

I can see it on my box too. You can't see it from your end for whatever reason

From Agent,​

Yes that is weird, I can see the recording for 04/21 but not for 04/20

From Agent,​

Let me refresh the account and check again

From You,​

ok

From You,​

thx

From Agent,​

Ron I can see that MLB baseball for 04/19 has been deleted

From You,​

Yup, there was a double header

From You,​

I'm talking about 4/20 recording

From Agent,​

Yes just wanted to confirm

From Agent,​

Ron can you please try to download the 04/20 again

From You,​

I don't understand what you mean by download

From You,​

It's a recording of a live game from yesterday that is on my DVR

From You,​

So... download what?

From Agent,​

I mean is it possible to delete the recording and record it again

From You,​

Do you have any idea what you're asking me to do?

From You,​

Lemme just call up the Giants and the Mets and ask them to do it all again so I can record it again...

From You,​

I don't think you grasp anything that's going on now.

Thought we could take a break from the dead peeps. I clearly lost my shit when he asked me to "download" it. I chat because I can scream at my screen and not feel bad for yelling at some poor schlub that's not empowered to actually help anyone. They're merely shit-deflectors. It's a shrewd business model. Make support so f***ing irritating that any normal human being would just give up or cancel.

EDIT: And they have a bit of a monopoly sort of on the live sports thing w/ DVR...

EDIT2: I'm on my 2nd "supervisor"

EDIT3: they won.

I don't recommend this. It's literally the worst hobby ever.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Comcastic:

Thought we could take a break from the dead peeps. I clearly lost my shit when he asked me to "download" it. I chat because I can scream at my screen and not feel bad for yelling at some poor schlub that's not empowered to actually help anyone. They're merely shit-deflectors. It's a shrewd business model. Make support so f***ing irritating that any normal human being would just give up or cancel.

EDIT: And they have a bit of a monopoly sort of on the live sports thing w/ DVR...

EDIT2: I'm on my 2nd "supervisor"
It's 2022. I'm surprised that the technology these days doesn't have every show recorded somewhere and all they have to do is access the file and then make it show up on your end. I'm surprised that we still have to DVR things. It should be like netflix where you can go back and watch anything you want anytime you want.

Reactions: landshark

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
It's 2022. I'm surprised that the technology these days doesn't have every show recorded somewhere and all they have to do is access the file and then make it show up on your end. I'm surprised that we still have to DVR things. It should be like netflix where you can go back and watch anything you want anytime you want.
Don't you taunt me with your common sense and superior logic, mister!!! :sarcasm:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Don't you taunt me with your common sense and superior logic, mister!!! :sarcasm:

But that conversation was really frustrating. The guy is just repeating "I understand where you're coming from, I understand and I feel the same way." Just shut up abd help me, no more platitudes man.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
But that conversation was really frustrating. The guy is just repeating "I understand where you're coming from, I understand and I feel the same way." Just shut up abd help me, no more platitudes man.
hahah

Dude clearly had no clue where I was coming from or how I felt. And saying that they did and then asking stupid shit like "could you download it again?" Just pours fuel on the fire. The previous 5 reps were the same, except they were smart enough to not ask me to "download it again".

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
That's how YoutubeTV works. My only regret is I should've made the swap to it earlier.

Reactions: slocal

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
That's how YoutubeTV works. My only regret is I should've made the swap to it earlier.
I tried them for a second a few years back, then they lost the NHL contract and I was glad I hadn't dumped Xfinity at that point. I tried PlayStation TV for a second until they lost their NHL contract. It seemed like I hit back to back online TV providers that had NHL then lost NHL and so I stopped chasing them around to try to cut the cord. I had issues trying to nail down what service would have NHL and if their "DVR" was worth a shit, no spoilers etc. Youtube has no spoilers and how long after the game airs do you have to watch it before it's no longer available? Can you watch delayed, same day?

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I started re-reading Snow Crash recently, I read it shortly after it came out... maybe 94. Book came out in 92. It's fun to go back and read it now because the author pretty much coined the term "Metaverse" in the book. Peeps have cell phones and laptops and VR/AR goggles; they're all connected. It's easy to forget it was written in 92. It's a very fast paced book. Lots of satire and dark humor about how great humans are as a whole. Some history and religion.

humans have lots of things to read and watch with tv and internet and whatnot. I haven't read a book for leisure in quite a while; it's nice to sit quietly and read an actual book.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I realize that this thread is mostly just “LS tells us old people have kicked it” these days, but is anyone listening to any good music these days? I’m enjoying Ella Mai’s new album tremendously. I don’t really like super slow, heavy RnB, but her style fits my taste perfectly.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I realize that this thread is mostly just “LS tells us old people have kicked it” these days, but is anyone listening to any good music these days? I’m enjoying Ella Mai’s new album tremendously. I don’t really like super slow, heavy RnB, but her style fits my taste perfectly.
The great music that I listen to??? 80’s New Wave. My kids love it as well.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Elephant Gym is releasing a new album
Also Collage has a pretty recent album that is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad