OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
DON'T YOU ****ING LOOK AT ME

Yea, Feb 7, 8, 10. LA, SF, and NYC. SF at the Warfield. Tickets on sale on the 16th I believe.

:laugh: :yo:

Ian Scott, too? Yesssssssss

Yeah, I cracked up hard at that one and Bill's Schwarzenegger deepfake. Their 4-part Jim Carrey in The Shining as real freaky good, too, if you check out their channel.

Same with this (from a different maker):

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
:laugh: :yo:

Ian Scott, too? Yesssssssss

I am a little disappointed that it's only Patton, Dunn, and Trey, but having Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo definitely softens that blow a good deal. Plus, they're just doing the first demo, which was mostly thrash/death metal stuff anyway, so there's not a lot of sax/keys/other stuff going on.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I am a little disappointed that it's only Patton, Dunn, and Trey, but having Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo definitely softens that blow a good deal. Plus, they're just doing the first demo, which was mostly thrash/death metal stuff anyway, so there's not a lot of sax/keys/other stuff going on.

Awww, harshing my buzz, maaaaaan. :(

Maybe "Ian, Scott" will end up on another arrest report after stealing a base from Dodger Stadium. One can only hope.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Awww, harshing my buzz, maaaaaan. :(

Maybe "Ian, Scott" will end up on another arrest report after stealing a base from Dodger Stadium. One can only hope.

I mean, I love the demo stuff too, but just the fact that I thought a reunion would literally never happen makes me so excited for this. Feels the same way it did when Chuck Mosley (RIP) fronted those two FNM shows a few years back. What a hell of a time that was.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I mean, I love the demo stuff too, but just the fact that I thought a reunion would literally never happen makes me so excited for this. Feels the same way it did when Chuck Mosley (RIP) fronted those two FNM shows a few years back. What a hell of a time that was.

I'm a monster because I prefer the Patton version of FNM, and experimental Bungle.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'm a monster because I prefer the Patton version of FNM, and experimental Bungle.

I always feel like a weirdo because I actually like the Mosley era more, but not because of him as a singer necessarily. Introduce Yourself and We Care a Lot are just more fun to listen to imo. They're the perfect evolution of post-punk, funk, and metal. I do love The Real Thing and Angel Dust, but after Jim left, I felt like Patton was taking over the band in a way that didn't really compliment what the core of the group was in some ways.

But agreed on Bungle. I'm listening to Disco Volante for the first time in quite a while. Hard to pick between that or the self-titled as my favorite. Never could get into California as much.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I always feel like a weirdo because I actually like the Mosley era more, but not because of him as a singer necessarily. Introduce Yourself and We Care a Lot are just more fun to listen to imo. They're the perfect evolution of post-punk, funk, and metal. I do love The Real Thing and Angel Dust, but after Jim left, I felt like Patton was taking over the band in a way that didn't really compliment what the core of the group was in some ways.

But agreed on Bungle. I'm listening to Disco Volante for the first time in quite a while. Hard to pick between that or the self-titled as my favorite. Never could get into California as much.

Definitely was the case in my view, too, but I differ on the result. Still, great band with two legit, legit eras. Not many can handle that.

Oof, my California has a lot of dust on it, which is weird because it's all MP3. :laugh:

Reactions: Pavelski2112

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Definitely was the case in my view, too, but I differ on the result. Still, great band with two legit, legit eras. Not many can handle that.

Oof, my California has a lot of dust on it, which is weird because it's all MP3. :laugh:

Yea agreed. Hard to beat a pedigree like Patton's in general. I've gotten the chance to see him with a few different projects (including with John Zorn, and FNM when they got back together) and he never fails to impress.

Reactions: slocal

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I just got a job in mountain view. Is there a good place to look for 1 bdrm apartments around there? Also which cities nearby would be the best areas to live? I really only know North bay

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I just got a job in mountain view. Is there a good place to look for 1 bdrm apartments around there? Also which cities nearby would be the best areas to live? I really only know North bay

Lots of options on California Avenue. (Older, might be cheaper)

A few options near the train station if you want to be more regional transit centric.

Probably out of price range: Palo Alto north. Los Altos west (and Los Altos Hills even further west).

Sunnyvale south. Cupertino west. Alviso east.
Santa Clara, Campbell.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

Congrats on the new job! Also Mountain View is super f***ing expensive. You might be better off trying to find something near Fremont.

Edit: Cupertino, Sunnyvale are all getting up to how Los Altos Hills was about 5 years ago in price range.

If you can swing it I think Saratoga and Los Gatos have some decent apartments (los gatos has a couple right next to downtown).

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'd guess Hayward might not be too crazy price wise. Dunno about the commute across Dunbarton though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Woo! New game in the series coming.

Super underrated throwbacky platform games. Both Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero are fantastic. I have Risky's Revenge on Steam, but haven't played it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad