May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Other is nearing 1,000...continue here.

pens.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One main thing I want to see is stops/starts by our players. Too many loops. Stop and start.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Bennett needs to get here asap and bump dupuis down. Hustle is nice, but if sid isn't in beast mode, its just another third line.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Just for the record, my junk is bigger than alla yinz. I just wanted to put that out there. You know, as a matter of public knowledge. Because someday, someone JUST might need to know about it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For as much as this board is panicking... At least we're not the Kings.

Who is panicking?

Up a goal on Philly in Philly going into the third?

Only gave up one goal after how we fell apart defensively last season there in the playoffs?

The only ones panicking would be ones who have zero perspective on reality.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
Who is panicking?

Up a goal on Philly in Philly going into the third?

Only gave up one goal after how we fell apart defensively last season there in the playoffs?

The only ones panicking would be ones who have zero perspective on reality.

Jaded, you just referenced 3/4 of this board in your last sentence. :D

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He had his issues. But I thought a lot of the defensive regression was system based last year as much as regression by any of the players. Martin I include in that.

Agreed whole-heartidly. Too many players being asked to play out of their comfort zone led to only the offensive-slanted guys (and Engelland, oddly) being even half-decent.

Also Martin was pretty damn good for about a 2 month stretch of the season while he was still getting shat on, before he (and everyone else) stopped playing defense down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Martin had a bad year, no doubt, it just still bugs me that he got all of the derision while Orpik and Michalek got so little despite being just as bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad