GDT: #1 - The New Jersey Devils v.s. Winnipeg Jets in Miracle at the Rock

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
After a long off-season, it’s Opening Night at 7 pm. on October 9th live at the Rock or semi-live on MSG+2. It’s a miracle, so let’s celebrate!

gif-of-miracle-movie.gif

Before his New Jersey Devils take on the Winnipeg Jets, Hynes will channel his inner Herb and remind the locker room to work hard because:

tumblr_mlk8n8xVzY1roykc8o2_400.gif

Then the Swedish Beast will awaken in Adam Larsson:

sBW2cET.gif

and Hynes will say:

3d24481e04fa9b8705c38d31f2e004ce.jpg

Cory Schneider will make incredible save after incredible save:

Schneider2.gif

and Hynes will say:

200_s.gif

Rico will laugh in the face of his enemies:

DyQ1uyZ.gif

Because Hynes told him:

635717435164803085-406206212_tumblr_mlk8n8xVzY1roykc8o10_400.gif

Palmieri won’t get confused and do this to Cory again:

tumblr_my5ab1gan11t5m6epo1_500.gif

Or else Hynes will yet at him:

tumblr_mpjuzno89Y1qcvvubo3_500.gif

From above, Patty will smile and cheer them on:

QGqbvUu.jpg

Because tonight:

tumblr_lztmo1Z0W81qci7aeo3_250.gif

New Jersey Devils Lineup:

jersey-devil.jpg

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Lee Stempniak
Adam Henrique-Jacob Josefson-Kyle Palmieri
Reid Boucher-Sergey Kalinin-Jiri Tlusty
Tuomo Ruutu-Stephen Gionta-Jordin Tootoo

Andy Greene-Adam Larsson
Jon Merrill-John Moore
David Schlemko-Damon Severson

Starting Goaltender: Cory Schneider
Backup: Keith Kinkaid

Winnipeg Jets Lineup:

mic-o-mic-small-jet-plane-construction-toy-400x400-imadzzx88ebabguu.jpeg

Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Mathieu Perreault-Mark Scheifele-Nikolaj Ehlers
Alexander Burmistrov-Adam Lowry-Drew Stafford
Chris Thorburn-Andrew Copp-Nicolas Petan

Ben Chiarot-Dustin Byfuglien
Tobias Endstrom-Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart-Jacob Trouba

Starting Goaltender: Michael Hutchinson
Backup: Ondrej Pavelec

The Devils, knowing it is them against the world and nobody is predicting them to win, are ready to be team Miracle and are excited to start the season:

Remember, boys:

tumblr_mlk8n8xvzy1roykc8o5_400.gif

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Happy Stempniak is getting lots of ice time with you guys, he was key in our playoff push last season imo.

Nice of you to drop by. Stempniak played well for us in the pre-season, so he's being rewarded with an opportunity to play in what passes for the Devils' top six. The good thing about the Devils is we are so starved for forward talent that it does provide an opportunity for forwards who might not get a significant amount of ice time somewhere else to get that here.

Deleted member 28548

Jets really throttled the Bruins earlier tonight in front of all their fans. Should be interesting to see if the Devils can keep their offense in check after Winnipeg had (2), three goals scored in a period offensive outbursts. For us out of market Devils fans, we're going to be hearing an awful lot about Hynes being the youngest coach in the league over the course of the next few weeks when forced to watch the opposing teams feed. I'm sure Hynes will be sick and tired of having to address his age so often, early in the season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jets really throttled the Bruins earlier tonight in front of all their fans. Should be interesting to see if the Devils can keep their offense in check after Winnipeg had (2), three goals scored in a period offensive outbursts. For us out of market Devils fans, we're going to be hearing an awful lot about Hynes being the youngest coach in the league over the course of the next few weeks when forced to watch the opposing teams feed. I'm sure Hynes will be sick and tired of having to address his age so often, early in the season.

I'd hope the media doesn't make a big deal out of it, because while Hynes is the youngest coach in the league, it's not like he's nearly the youngest ever.

Paul Maurice must have been 27 or 28 years old when he started coaching the Whalers 20 years ago. Oddly enough, he's coaching our opponent tomorrow night. I wonder if their media will ask him about his opinions on that, since he was a VERY young coach and possibly the youngest ever?

I remember Mike Yeo being 36 or 37 when he first got hired by the Wild a few years ago. He's probably the second youngest after Hynes now.

At least we know if it gets to a shootout, we have them where we want them. I don't even remember the last time we beat this frickin team without a shootout. Probably back in 11-12? Had to be. We had our last shootout win and first shootout win against them on both ends of the long shootout winless drought.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Love the GDT!

I'll only point out that it looks like the lines have changed since the end of training camp. TG had 'em up in this post:http://fireandice.northjersey.com/f...y-schneider-missing-devils-practice-1.1427031

Forwards:
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Kyle Palmieri;
Adam Henrique-Jacob Josefson-Lee Stempniak;
Jiri Tlusty-Sergey Kalinin-Jordin Tootoo;
Reid Boucher-Stephen Gionta-Tuomo Ruutu; Stefan Matteau.

Defensemen: Andy Greene-Adam Larsson, Jon Merrill-John Moore, David Schlemko-Damon Severson; Eric Gelinas.

Not exactly the 3rd and 4th lines I would've imagined, I guess we'll see today whether Hynes was just mixing stuff up or actually settling with those lines.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Love the GDT!

I'll only point out that it looks like the lines have changed since the end of training camp. TG had 'em up in this post:http://fireandice.northjersey.com/f...y-schneider-missing-devils-practice-1.1427031

Not exactly the 3rd and 4th lines I would've imagined, I guess we'll see today whether Hynes was just mixing stuff up or actually settling with those lines.

I thought he switched them yesterday? I remember Boucher being up on the 3rd line and Tootoo being back on the 4th? Maybe not? I thought the lines you posted were from Wednesday?

And I do LOVE the GDT you did FJG! I just now got a chance to actually look at it, after just commenting in my first post in here earlier! Win and we'll get a part two!:handclap::yo:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Huh. Must've missed that post entirely. I shouldn't be posting this late. :laugh:

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Lee Stempniak; Adam Henrique-Jacob Josefson-Kyle Palmieri; Reid Boucher-Sergey Kalinin-Jiri Tlusty; Tuomo Ruutu-Stephen Gionta-Jordin Tootoo; Brian O'Neill, Stefan Matteau.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Question from an outsider... what has Devils' 3on3 looked like? What players have been tried together?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
First game, yea. Also a very interesting one. The Jets are big, quick and tough. I couldn't say if the Devils win tonight, however, I believe it will come down to our defense and how they handle the fore-check. Go Devs

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Small complaint so early in the season, but could we not get a Drill team from Newark or the surrounding communities instead of one from West Philly?

The Devils pre-game show, starting at 7 p.m., will include an all-new 3D program featuring a live performance by The West Powelton Steppers Drill Team and Drum Line and the New Jersey Symphony String Quartet. The new 3D program will underscore the New Era of Devils Hockey following an offseason of dramatic changes to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad