GDT: #1|Let 'Em Know You're There|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Dallas South Stars|10.8.15|20:37

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He won't get you any goals.

But seriously you guys are gonna lose a lot of games until they put kessel and malkin together and give crosby some more suitable linemates

It's a special kind of insane to believe that the issue with the Penguins is that Crosby and Kessel are playing together.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Pens mgmt should ritualistically slaughter someone under 30 with a decent cap hit so everyone knows they mean business this year

Penguinzilla*

Scuderi is really bad. Like REALLY bad. Even badder than that. He should not be in the NHL. He should be coaching a AAA PeeWee team in South Florida that only plays other AAA PeeWee teams in South Florida, but both teams are really only A level but the parents talk about how their kids are AAA and you want to punch all the parents because they annoying, especially with their Facebook posts about their kids.

Crosby might need Hornq back, they were special together.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Honestly, if we can't generate any defense against a mediocre defensive team like Dallas, there's an issue.

Get Kunitz out of the top-6, Hell, the top-9. Try Bennett and Sprong on the scoring lines.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's Pghkev, expect an irrationally negative tone of imminent demise.

Move on.

Yup, I have preached here about it here since the Flyers series and guess what, our arrow is slowly but steadily pointing downward since that offseason.

If you see hope with the current GM, Coach and players good for you. I'm sorry I bother you, but tell me exactly where I'm wrong.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There is no way Malkin can score with Paul Steigerwald calling games

I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that it's less likely that Malkin (and Sid for that matter) can score with Mike Johnston coaching games.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
on Scuderi

mpKZg.png

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You have to figure 10 games before chemistry kicks in. IMO they look like a team with a lot of new faces.

Teams that gap up well always give the Pens fits too. MJ needs to counter.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I don't want Perron with Geno and Horny. He's half ****** on the backcheck, and that area pass that Geno laid out there that Niemi poked happened because Perron started gliding instead of continuing to skate hard.

Sorry, I'll take Sprong at L2 LW if Bennett isn't available.
Gotta agree. I have liked Perron historically, but he's been uninspiring at best so far here and in the preseason.

Lines I'd like to see at some point:

Bennett-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plots-Malkin-Kessel
Perron-Bonino-Sprong
Kunitz-Cullen-Dupuis (Sundqvist in meantime)

Bennett and Sprong being interchangeable, if Sprong plays better there.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I'm curious as to why the 1st line has been going offside. Is it because Kessel is dangling at the line, or is it because 14 is a step behind? I wish I had a rewind feature.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
We got iron deficiency last year. What excuse do the sheep fabricate to excuse Kunitz this year once smart fans start asking questions?

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
that area pass that Geno laid out there that Niemi poked happened because Perron started gliding instead of continuing to skate hard.
But was he gliding out of laziness, or because he thought that Geno was going to pull the puck back out instead of making the potentially dangerous pass? I mean they never play together. Perron has no idea what to expect Malkin to do yet...give them time to learn each others tendencies?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta agree. I have liked Perron historically, but he's been uninspiring at best so far here and in the preseason.

Lines I'd like to see at some point:

Bennett-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plots-Malkin-Kessel
Perron-Bonino-Sprong
Kunitz-Cullen-Dupuis (Sundqvist in meantime)

Bennett and Sprong being interchangeable, if Sprong plays better there.

Yeah, to be clear, I've been a Perron supporter, but, damn, you get out of purgatory and onto some shifts with Geno and Horny, then your second shift shouldn't have a 20 second sequence where you half *** it offensively and then on the backcheck that was necessitated by your half ****** it offensively instead of driving the net.

If Kunitz had done that, he'd have been slaughtered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad