1/4 Through, Are you Happy With our Standing?

Are you happy with our current record?

• Total voters

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
But Cirelli? Yeah my man needs to be more productive. I know it's your job to grind but grind a damn goal for me Bubba. That contract is turning into an albatross unless he's gonna put home 10-15 points in the playoffs

Guys of Cirelli's profile simply don't merit 8-year contracts, and never have. He's an excellent defensive center, but he's a little better than a 0.5 PGP player and is worse than that in his playoff career. He's a 2C/3C tweener depending on the rest of the roster around him, and I don't think his cap hit is an issue, but the contract is.

Really, giving all three of those guys 8-year contracts the moment it became legal to do so was extremely questionable on JBB's part. Cernak definitely seems like someone who might spend the last year or two of that contract on the LTIRetired list.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we're finally playing well so cooper is doing his job but i'm starting to think this team just doesn't have enough offensive talent. players like jeannot and paul would be useful if we were still an elite team but when we can't score without kucherov they are pretty damn useless.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We have some offensive problems but this happen to all hockey teams, the real concern is the defense. I don't know if it's the system, players or coaches but all the problems came from the disaster of the defense. Of course the GM has his part giving very doubtful contracts.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I'd say our record is ok while Vasy was out, but I'm more concerned with what I see on our roster:

Kuch, Point and Hagel are 1st liners.
Stammer is a 2nd liner.
Cirelli, Paul, and Eyssimont are 3rd liners.
Jeannot, Motte, Glendenning, Koepke, and Watson are 4th liners.
Barre-Boulet is a temp fill in.

That's poor forward depth for a deep playoff run.

Hedman has taken a step forward offensively from last year, but a step back defensively, and he wasn't great defensively last year. Serge and Perbix have significantly regressed, and DeHaan is a borderline 6th D man, a downgrade from Cole.

Only Kuch and maybe Hagel are doing better than last year so far. Point has great offensive numbers, but he's not playing better to me than he did year.

It's too many steps back to see how we have a reasonable chance to make the finals a 4th time. This roster looks like a first or second round team at best.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We have the 4th highest GF/GP in the league so I’m not sure offense is our problem. We also have the 6th highest GA/GP which I find concerning though.

Special teams are well above average too: 2nd in PP and 9th in PK.

Reactions: Renopucker

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We have the 4th highest GF/GP in the league so I’m not sure offense is our problem. We also have the 6th highest GA/GP which I find concerning though.

Special teams are well above average too: 2nd in PP and 9th in PK.
We're 29th in 5on5 though according to the TBT today. Gotta be at least average there.

Reactions: Renopucker

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Part of that is definitely JJ. I mean, we have definitely failed the eyeball test, but running a fringe NHL goalie as a starter has made the numbers worse

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
I think I voted before the 4 game slide; yeah- there is concern with depth at forward and defensemen playing defense.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Those who voted "we are still okay" reminded me of the CNN anchor during the BLM riots saying live on air that everything was "mostly peaceful", while standing in front of a building that was literally burning to the ground.

We knew this period of time was coming, that our cap space and assets were vanishing, but it resulted in back to back Cups and if not for a Point injury possibly a 3-peat. So, it was worth it. We're going to have some down years and need a mini-rebuild but so what? What we witnessed, three straight trips to the Finals, is something millions of fans of other franchises will never see once during their lifetime. I think it would do some people around here some good to have a more realistic view of where this franchise currently stands, and understand changes, some possibly drastic, are coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad