GDT: 1/24/17 - Wild @ Stars - 7:30PM CT / 3:30AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They played well enough to win 2-1 if the game was called evenly but it wasn't so Dallas was given a 5 on 3 instead which resulted in the tying goal.
Doesn't change the fact though that they've been coughing up leads like crazy. They have to address it before it gets out of hand. It's been enough games now where it is damn close to being labeled a habit. Maybe tonight wasn't the best circumstances, but BB has had to use the word "dumb" more often when describing some of their mistakes out there lately.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They played well enough to win 2-1 if the game was called evenly but it wasn't so Dallas was given a 5 on 3 instead which resulted in the tying goal.

Penalties happen. Goals against happen. But they can happen in such a way where a very distinct pattern doesn't emerge. It's not always sunshine and rainbows just because the score ends up a certain way.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yup. Giving up 37 shots to a team as mediocre as Dallas is dangerous no matter how low-quality the chances might be. And even considering that, we've been giving up more and more high-danger chances since the later part of the win streak, and this team simply isn't that good if they aren't shutting teams down and forcing stuff to the outside as ridiculously well as they were earlier.

Dallas is anything but mediocre offensively. They are finally healthy and it shows. 37 shots against a shoot from everywhere team with the full 5min OT. Not great, but not as bad as it looks.

2GA were a Suter mistake and a 5v3 PP.

The Wild didn't lay down tonight, played almost the whole game. Not sure the Staal PP unit played, Coyle looked lost, and Suter's dumb plays.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Penalties happen. Goals against happen. But they can happen in such a way where a very distinct pattern doesn't emerge. It's not always sunshine and rainbows just because the score ends up a certain way.
Obviously it's not all sunshine and roses, never said it was, but the defense overall was good tonight. Coyle? Not good, Graovac? Not good, Schroeder? Not good. Faceoffs? Not good. Dumb penalties when the refs aren't calling an even game? Not good.

That said, it was 2-2 in regulation, I'm not going to complain about defense when overall the scoring chances against were held in check tonight for the most part.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What's sad is I get the same feeling when Scandella is on the ice now, as I did last few year when Dumba was on the ice.

Brodin the team misses you.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Obviously it's not all sunshine and roses, never said it was, but the defense overall was good tonight. Coyle? Not good, Graovac? Not good, Schroeder? Not good. Faceoffs? Not good. Dumb penalties when the refs aren't calling an even game? Not good.

That said, it was 2-2 in regulation, I'm not going to complain about defense when overall the scoring chances against were held in check tonight for the most part.

Pommer good, Parise good, Koivu line really good. For the flip side.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Brodin should grow a beard when he's out. Not one of those goofy Mountain Man/ Billy Gibbons type beards, but a cool, Euro style growth.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Does Granlund ever shoot in the shootout? Would've thought he would be used at some point as he was phenomenal in them before joining the NHL. Not a complaint, just something I've been wondering.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Does Granlund ever shoot in the shootout? Would've thought he would be used at some point as he was phenomenal in them before joining the NHL. Not a complaint, just something I've been wondering.

He's 0-4 career shootout attempts.

Parise (1-4), Coyle (3-2), Koivu (0-4), Pommer (1-0) were the only ones to get attempts last year.

This year 9 different players have attempts. BB tends to go with the hot hand for the night, and they are lasting more than 3 rounds.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
this team is gonna be the death of me. suter fubar ; OT 2 on 0 break are you serious? at least dubnyk had a great game. i thought he deserved the #1 star. stewy with the game winner , this cant be happening. is the world ending?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
this team is gonna be the death of me. suter fubar ; OT 2 on 0 break are you serious? at least dubnyk had a great game. i thought he deserved the #1 star. stewy with the game winner , this cant be happening. is the world ending?

Hard for a goalie to get a #1 star without a shutout, 1 GA on 40 shots type of game in the other teams house.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Like many players with lots of moves, he doesn't do well in penalty shot/ shootouts. Too much imagination. Gretzky sucked at penalty shots.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Like many players with lots of moves, he doesn't do well in penalty shot/ shootouts. Too much imagination. Gretzky sucked at penalty shots.

It's a different type of pressure, calming the adreniline rush, and the mental side is different too. Some guys are more wired to it than others. It's more of a goalie mindset than a skaters mindset. One of the reasons goalies are all headcases.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Everything from about the last half of the third and on was crazy exciting.

When Nino's not producing, if I look for him I'm always impressed and left feeling he just doesn't get enough credit. Not feeling that way with Coyle right now. He reminds me of a mumpsed Suter.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Everything from about the last half of the third and on was crazy exciting.

When Nino's not producing, if I look for him I'm always impressed and left feeling he just doesn't get enough credit. Not feeling that way with Coyle right now. He reminds me of a mumpsed Suter.

I feel the same way about Nino ... except when he was absolutely dominated and shoved down 3 or 4 times in a row by Benn last night. I felt bad for him there, but otherwise, even when not producing he's usually visible in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad