GDT: 1/23/2016 Panthers-Counting Seashells Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Stopping by to say sorry for a bad joke about attendance. As a lightning fan, I should know better. I also want to say in case any fan thinks I represent our fan base or I'm a rotten fan, I don't and I'm not. Just upset you guys snapped our streak and took the cup! I also said you guys didn't deserve it tonight in the same sense that we didn't deserve to best Edmonton to start our win streak. I feel we beat ourselves but regardless, Luongo still impresses me to this day and I don't hate you guys at all. You guys put in a great effort at the end to defend the lead and did so. I submitted a poor couple of posts and would like to apologize. Two Florida teams doing so well is great. Helps support what we've all defended for years, that we both deserve to be here.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope we don't land each other in the first round should we both make it, would much rather see both make it as far as we can go. Again, apologies. :)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
14 wins in the last 14 games that ekblad has played. ekblad in, and pirri and mitchell out, we beat chicago ( 12-1 entering that game) 4-0, and tampa on a 7 game win streak beating them 5-2. when everyone is healthy i feel like we can beat anyone. crazy how ekblad, coming straight into the league at 18 pretty much already became a #1d (top 2/top pairing at the very least) and now at 19 soon to be 20 he's clearly a #1. he does it all out there.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Whenever I looked over at Pirri tonight, he looked disinterested and was just looking at his phone. Don't know what he did when we scored, didn't look at him then, lol.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Stopping by to say sorry for a bad joke about attendance. As a lightning fan, I should know better. I also want to say in case any fan thinks I represent our fan base or I'm a rotten fan, I don't and I'm not. Just upset you guys snapped our streak and took the cup! I also said you guys didn't deserve it tonight in the same sense that we didn't deserve to best Edmonton to start our win streak. I feel we beat ourselves but regardless, Luongo still impresses me to this day and I don't hate you guys at all. You guys put in a great effort at the end to defend the lead and did so. I submitted a poor couple of posts and would like to apologize. Two Florida teams doing so well is great. Helps support what we've all defended for years, that we both deserve to be here.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope we don't land each other in the first round should we both make it, would much rather see both make it as far as we can go. Again, apologies. :)

Thanks for your humbleness. Don't hate you guys at all. Rather like te youth group you guys boast. Go get em the rest of the year except the one game we have left.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Whenever I looked over at Pirri tonight, he looked disinterested and was just looking at his phone. Don't know what he did when we scored, didn't look at him then, lol.

Probably doesn't know what to do with himself. But I'd say his goose is cooked.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

I wouldn't be too cheerio if I was benched and the GM was actively trying to trade me.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Overheard Scott Luce mention how we only need to go around .500 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

Must read HF Boards

prohockey

Jul 2, 2012
Shaw is a good grinder but Shawn Thornton has more hockey IQ offensively than Shaw

If you really make an that. Than your hockey IQ is quite low. Shaws hockey IQ is amazing. That ,his speed and size is what makes hiis game. You may want to re think

prohockey

Jul 2, 2012
The
If you really make an that. Than your hockey IQ is quite low. Shaws hockey IQ is amazing. That ,his speed and size is what makes hiis game. You may want to re think

Sorry...spell check. Was meant to be " if you really think that "

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Really surprised to see Lou back to back. They want this one eh

Yes. We. Do.

Nevermind that comment, I hope Luongo can stay strong today!

You doubted he wouldn't ??:D:sarcasm:

Throw a tender at him and yell "THIS IS FOR 2012!!!!"

Or 2000 series. Brodeur and Stevens best job I've ever seen on a red hot superstar to my knowledge. No space. No room. Stone cold robbery saves.

Racist? Don't see how... Just trying to show how the kids of inmigrants are now prefering hockey to soccer since they are being brought up here.

Clever add, but one major mistake IMO. The grandad is wearing clothing typical of a Cuban person (the Guayabera shirt) since that is the biggest inmigrant group in South FL; however, soccer is not that popular in Cuba, if at all.

Better to show some other country, like say any South American country or some Central American countries.... Just my 2 cents.

Maybe his dad is Cuban and mother something else :popcorn:

"Huberdeau has a terrible shot"

Whoever said Huberdeau has weak/muffin shot like Brendan Morrison , myyyyy God :shakehead And I'm a Huby critic from time to time.

I feel like were gonna score a PP goal now...

Are you a Wizard ?

Thornton looks much better

Ya, curious why ? Team was playing well month ago too and he wasn't at all.

Tampa playing everyone, except Drouin

Good. Glad Barkov and Jones were draft targets. Another reason Tallon and group are geniuses.

Alright FloBros. Guess you take the Governor's Cup this season.

Y'all are looking really good. See you again in April/May. ;)

Ohhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaa :yo:

I wish you wouldn't throw that word around.....;)

But yes, it's been done 5 times in the team's history:

January 15th and 18th, 2003 Bobby Lou shutout the Bruins and Penguins.

February 23rd and 25th, 2004 Luongo did it again against the Bruins and Leafs.

March 2nd and 4th, 2008 Craig Anderson shutout the Isles and Bruins (made 93 saves in those two games including 53 against the Islanders)

Then in 2008, this time Tomas Vokoun shutout the Preds and Avalanche on December 21st and 23rd.

And the most recent time was October 14th and 16th, 2010 when Tomas Vokoun again recorded back-to-back shutouts, this time against the Flames and Bolts.

So twice for Bobby Lou and T-Vo and once for Craig, but Anderson's is easily the most impressive. Almost 100 saves over two games, insane!

EDIT-5 times not 4!

Thanks !! I think that Anderson NYI game was a home game maybe a Friday nighter? Big stretching cross ice save either in that game or maybe that was at Ottawa on the road ??

Never mention the shutout again during game.... ok?

Yep.

Shaw going to slap shot this empty net.

Close ;)

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Finally a PP goal with PP overall looking better.
Bjugstad getting comfortable by impersonating Jagr using the big rear of his to create room and shooting chances while Howden and Shaw go straight for the net.
Huby doing his magic, skating and shooting great and give and gos with Barky.
Stingy D and decent outlets (except for 3rd period, could see the back-to-back games).
This team is really solid. If they can keep doing that on a consistent basis, we will surely make the playoffs (now and in seasons to follow).

Hats off to Gallant/Tallon to dare to take Pirri and Mitchell off. They are not so bad, the team is just better without them and better and playing real Panthers hockey

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Just like he does on the ice. Except I don't think he has his phone with him there. I could be wrong

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I said offensively and with a little bit with sarcasm. Shaw really doesn't seem to know what to do with the puck once there down low and those hands are stone untill he proves me wrong

I didn't say Thornton is a better player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=799312&navid=nhl:topheads

The Florida Panthers became the first team in more than 25 years to defeat the Stanley Cup finalists from the previous season on consecutive days when they won 5-2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday.

That victory came one night after the Panthers won 4-0 against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks. The Blackhawks defeated the Lightning in six games in the Final last June to win the Cup for the third time in six seasons.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, no team had defeated the previous Cup finalists on consecutive days since the 1990-91 Calgary Flames, who won 8-1 against the Boston Bruins in Calgary on Oct. 20, 1990, and 2-1 at the defending champion Edmonton Oilers 2-1 the next night.

:handclap:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
wow i just saw that panthers commercial of spanish dad and grandfather watching their kids play soccer outside and they run inside to watch hockey.. with the grandfather asing que es esto? This seems borderline racist and i'm thinking of some funny parody video ideas...

lol found it

It's not racist at all. It's actually an outstanding commercial that really hits home for many Cuban American hockey fans. My childhood was essentially that commercial. A young Cuban American boy who loved watching/playing hockey while the rest of my cousins were playing baseball and none of the older generation could understand what I was doing.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
It's not racist at all. It's actually an outstanding commercial that really hits home for many Cuban American hockey fans. My childhood was essentially that commercial. A young Cuban American boy who loved watching/playing hockey while the rest of my cousins were playing baseball and none of the older generation could understand what I was doing.

I second this. This is an outstanding commercial that made me laugh out loud because this my grandfather (cuban/spanish) talking to my mom and dad (cuban/lebanese) about what the heck I was doing watching hockey as a kid.

... I could do without the little kid screaming at the end "lets go to the game!". Uh... Panthers just scored, you're already late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad