GDT: 1, 2, 3, Go Pens Go - Game 3 Penguins @ Philly @ 15:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ok and....

I would give him taste of playoffs.. regardless win or lose... I love Murray nothing against Murray..I know is capable of winning any series..

Look man.. you are using a crazy panic move for no reason. And I typically don't want to put a spotlight on one member's point of view, because it's not the view of 99.9% others, but when you start to overthink and panic, you lose. It's not a smart decision. Even if Mur lays an egg here, it's not a smart decision.

Gotta trust the team defense and gotta trust he will be a gamer. If it doesn't happen, oh well. It can't always go perfect.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ok and....

I would give him taste of playoffs.. regardless win or lose... I love Murray nothing against Murray..I know is capable of winning any series..
but to play DeSmith, you have to sit Murray. There's just no way to justify doing that right now. I'd love to let Bleuger get a chance in the playoffs too, but I'm sure as shit not sitting any of our centers for him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Look man.. you are using a crazy panic move for no reason. And I typically don't want to put a spotlight on one member's point of view, because it's not the view of 99.9% others, but when you start to overthink and panic, you lose. It's not a smart decision. Even if Mur lays an egg here, it's not a smart decision.

Gotta trust the team defense and gotta trust he will be a gamer. If it doesn't happen, oh well. It can't always go perfect.

Rule #1 of Troll Club: Don't feed the trolls.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just listening to Milbury and Jones opine in their biased way on the Pens-Flyers series makes me want to fly into a rage....where’s the Xanax?....

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will be interested the see the tweaks Sully makes to the Flyers going with a passive 1-2-2 and backing everyone up on the PK when the Pens breakout.

One thing Hak doesn't get enough credit for is the PK. They are stacking at the blue line, DARING the Pens to dump, because they know the Pens won't do it. Sid gets pissed when they dump/chase. The only thing there is a dump/chase. That's what I want to see adjusted. It will push the Flyers back and then they can skate in.

As for the regular 1-2-2... we shall see.

Reactions: KIRK

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Don't know what it is but I just can't get excited for today's game. Hope they can play well early and change my mindset.

Reactions: Pancakes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
but to play DeSmith, you have to sit Murray. There's just no way to justify doing that right now. I'd love to let Bleuger get a chance in the playoffs too, but I'm sure as **** not sitting any of our centers for him.

Some fans think all the rookie goalies can win a cup now lol. Thats the bar murray set

Reactions: Ogrezilla

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
One thing Hak doesn't get enough credit for is the PK. They are stacking at the blue line, DARING the Pens to dump, because they know the Pens won't do it. Sid gets pissed when they dump/chase. The only thing there is a dump/chase. That's what I want to see adjusted. It will push the Flyers back and then they can skate in.

you can't dump and chase when you don't chase....

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Don't know what it is but I just can't get excited for today's game. Hope they can play well early and change my mindset.

It's the playoffs. A little "unease" in your system is beautiful. That's what life is all about!

Never forget.. this is just a game at the end of the day. When this weird "Omg I'm scared" feeling pops into your gut, enjoy it. That's what it is all about.

Reactions: SirBrad

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Oh, the Pens can break the 1-2-2. We know that. But, it caught them off guard on Friday. Lot of guys moving horizontally through the neutral zone, which is a double whammy. No speed to attack. No speed to chase dump ins. Gotta attack with more speed, vertically, and hit a trailing forward/defenseman coming late.

PK, agree 100%. I don't want ANYONE standing at the blueline. Skate to it. Gotta have Horny and Geno both going full speed to get to the puck so the dump in is a legit option.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Just listening to Milbury and Jones opine in their biased way on the Pens-Flyers series makes me want to fly into a rage....where’s the Xanax?....

Milbury is a cave man but he’s honestly pretty fair, but you’re right on jones, dude is a biased tool.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What ? Murray in net

I would give DeSmith a shot.

I love Murray but I want to see DeSmith..

Sorry.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, as long as we win today, you damn well better have athletically related plans for every Pens playoff game day henceforth.

I play ball hockey on Wednesdays. Soccer on Sundays. Outdoor season starts end of April on Sundays (indoor ends tonight, we play in the championship game). My other outdoor league starts end of may and is on Tuesdays.

3 days out of 7, I have sports. Call Gary and ajust our schedule ;)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's the playoffs. A little "unease" in your system is beautiful. That's what life is all about!

Never forget.. this is just a game at the end of the day. When this weird "Omg I'm scared" feeling pops into your gut, enjoy it. That's what it is all about.
I can't shake it off, just can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad