Pre-Game Talk: 1/14/16 Rangers @ Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
How about instead of hockey tomorrow night, our coaches just fight to the death at center ice instead. Winner of that will actually be the loser bc their **** coach is still alive :laugh:

Can Girardi and Strait fight to the death too?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I've heard the term Mutually Assured Destruction before, but I think in this case fans from both teams would be subjected to Mutually Assured Elation if Strait and Girardi destroy each other :laugh::laugh:

Is there another Islander getting too much ice time and responsibility? Because maybe he and Staal can fight to the death.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Work with me guys, Clutterbuck then? lol

heck no! clutterbuck gets penciled in on the 4th line every night and for good reason. 4th liner with 9 goals so far this year ain't too shabby. besides strait, there's not too many other whipping boys. Sometimes its frustrating such as the game vs the caps or flyers when our coach plays all defensemen with the physique of high school boys, while pulock and mayfield are sitting in bridgeport

Jan 8, 2012
NY
heck no! clutterbuck gets penciled in on the 4th line every night and for good reason. 4th liner with 9 goals so far this year ain't too shabby. besides strait, there's not too many other whipping boys. Sometimes its frustrating such as the game vs the caps or flyers when our coach plays all defensemen with the physique of high school boys, while pulock and mayfield are sitting in bridgeport

What about Hickey?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Iron man Dan am I right? Nothing can keep this guy out of the lineup, including his performance on the ice.

He must do his laundry or something... I can't wrap my head around what the coach sees in him at this point.

I don't even think it's management at this point

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
you guys cant seriously be comparing AV to Capuano, can you?

capuano:

1. doesnt believe in matching lines during the game
2. lets his players decide when to call timeouts
3. plays brian strait top 4 minutes (with a healthy lineup)
4. still hasnt bought new suits after losing 30 lbs 3 years ago
5. see number 3

there is more, im just lazy...he has to have naked pictures of snow/snows wife

BarbaraAlphanse

AV didn't actually declare Girardi ready for tonight, at least not yet, right?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
you guys cant seriously be comparing AV to Capuano, can you?

capuano:

1. doesnt believe in matching lines during the game
2. lets his players decide when to call timeouts
3. plays brian strait top 4 minutes (with a healthy lineup)
4. still hasnt bought new suits after losing 30 lbs 3 years ago
5. see number 3

there is more, im just lazy...he has to have naked pictures of snow/snows wife

Well, I'll retort

1. Have you seen AV's line juggling? Most lines last 1 period at most. We see SIX d pairings every single game
2. AV doesn't even call timeouts, period. I don't think I've ever seen a player call for one either under him
3. Girardi is getting 22 minutes a game--this is with a cracked kneecap, prior offseason ankle surgery, and now a lacerated hand (we still haven't received confirmed who is in or out tonight)
4. AV does dress well, I'll give him that

AV is a good coach, but he's reminding me more and more of Chip Kelly with his arrogance and insistence to do "what he feels is right" instead of what he sees could be right. It's going to be the demise of him soon in my opinion.

Dan's dreamy eyes have captivated and put a spell on AV.

either that or they've both gotten their wives to do 4-ways... just to keep things spicy

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Well, I'll retort

1. Have you seen AV's line juggling? Most lines last 1 period at most. We see SIX d pairings every single game
2. AV doesn't even call timeouts, period. I don't think I've ever seen a player call for one either under him
3. Girardi is getting 22 minutes a game--this is with a cracked kneecap, prior offseason ankle surgery, and now a lacerated hand (we still haven't received confirmed who is in or out tonight)
4. AV does dress well, I'll give him that

AV is a good coach, but he's reminding me more and more of Chip Kelly with his arrogance and insistence to do "what he feels is right" instead of what he sees could be right. It's going to be the demise of him soon in my opinion.

either that or they've both gotten their wives to do 4-ways... just to keep things spicy

Did Glass approve of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad