[09 HF Draft Board] #13

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For this one, I'm going to change it up, with the bottom list having two guys far and away ahead of everyone else, and the player who was added did not garner a single vote to move up, I will bump up both Moore and Kassian (I deviated from the original process to move them both onto the bottom list), and just run with the top portion for now. Eliot and Leblanc are the two top candidates to move up to the bottom list when it comes back, and move on as usual.

When the opinions of the guys in the 20-30 range become more widespread, it is important to divulge in your opinions of them to convince others!

Engage in discussion! Help those less fortunate out!

1. John Tavares, C, Oshawa/London (OHL), CAN
2. Victor Hedman, D, MoDo (SEL), SWE
3. Matt Duchene, C, Brampton (OHL), CAN
4. Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, LW, Timra (SEL), SWE
5. Evander Kane, C, Vancouver (WHL), CAN
6. Brayden Schenn, C, Brandon (WHL), CAN
7. Jared Cowen, D, Spokane (OHL), CAN
8. Jordan Schroeder, RW, Minnesota (WCHA), USA
9. Dmitri Kulikov, D, Drummondville (QMJHL), RUS
10. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, D, Leksand (SAL), SWE
11. Nazem Kadri, C, London (OHL), CAN
12. Scott Glennie, C, Brandon (WHL), CAN

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I've voted for Ellis a couple of times now. His size is a disadvantage, but he seems like the sort of guy who has the competitive drive to make up for that lack of height. We all know he has elite skills.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Josefson
Rundblad
Moore
Despres
Kassian
Ellis

Ellis just doesn't have the size needed to play defense in the NHL. He could handle forward but he'll get worked in his own zone by everyone.

arsmaster*

I voted Depres, I think he and Josefson are the safest picks left on the board. After which I would take Rundblad and Moore. I would however take Ellis over Kassian.

I think we all realize the talents that Ryan Ellis possess' and while he is a little on the small side for NHL defenseman, the biggest contributing factor to his low draft placement by me is his foot speed.

He is a solid skater, but doesnt generate the speed that normally is associated with diminutive defenceman. I see him having trouble keeping up with the speedy wingers in the NHL, whereas the other defenseman taken above seem to me like easier fits into an NHL top 4 defense group and have the ability to skate at the the NHL level.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
John Moore is being ignored because no-one knows who he is. Remember CSB just had him the #1 NA defenseman in the draft (ie, the only defencemen getting picked above him are thought to be hedman and possibly OEL).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And Josefsen edges it out by 1 vote in the dying minutes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad