GDT: 09/27/13 Wild@Blues pre-season 7:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpRedDawn*

Knew it was coming. Can't play the big game with average sized grinders. Typical Wild getting Typical Owned

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Sounds like the Blues tried to take a few liberties tonight. WTF is the point of that in the preseason? I already hate that team and we really haven't played them yet.

I'm more concerned about Poms Harding and Mitchell right now.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Without being able to see the game its hard to know what actually happened.

At least all the goals came against our 4th string goalie, and we seemed to be doing fine before he came in.

OpRedDawn*

we did deserve the loss though, so i 4444444444444444hope that can strarightnen them out

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
this was just god punishing them for not streaming the home games.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Mitchell is hurt, does this mean that Zucker threw a penny in a wishing well? And if so, I'd like to know where that well is located.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
karma for waving dowell? hope everyone is healthy and ready to go for the start of the season

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Parise/Koivu was unproductive again?

ruxin224zu0.gif

THEALLKNOWING*

Pretty lame game summary by Russo in the Strib, in that he fails to come out and say how the supposed Granlund vs Zucker battle played-out in tonight's game. Based upon the emphasis he has placed on the battle in past articles, his personal preference is Zucker. Notice how little Granlund was talked about.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Pretty lame game summary by Russo in the Strib, in that he fails to come out and say how the supposed Granlund vs Zucker battle played-out in tonight's game. Based upon the emphasis he has placed on the battle in past articles, his personal preference is Zucker. Notice how little Granlund was talked about.

There will probally be longer story tomorrow.

OpRedDawn*

Pretty corrupt way to end the preaseason. Honesty If i was a GM, I'd never evaluate more than 3 lines at time. That other line is there to jump any fools who take liberties. Seems like it's always the wild on the short end of **** like this.

Of course, we don't really know how it went down because the NHL IS an irrelevant league, but that's still no excuse to have goons hurting players in the preseason.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Pretty corrupt way to end the preaseason. Honesty If i was a GM, I'd never evaluate more than 3 lines at time. That other line is there to jump any fools who take liberties. Seems like it's always the wild on the short end of **** like this.

Of course, we don't really know how it went down because the NHL IS an irrelevant league, but that's still no excuse to have goons hurting players in the preseason.

Backes hurt Pominville, Polak hurt Mitchell, neither of those two are goons.

OpRedDawn*

K cool. But you called them goons which is horribly wrong.

I didn't say them specifically, I just said goons hunting our players. And, in this instance, I'd say they were goons on the play. No reason for that in preseason. The minute they took our player out of the game, it should be instructed for us to hit a half second later and take liberties.

I'm so fricken sick of our team getting beat up on. Even in the columbus game, our dudes were taking huge hits. Sure we eaked out a win, but we take way too many hits. It's the mentality of "taking hits to make a play" vs reacting to what they are doing.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I love the skill we have on this team now. We should definitely increase our scoring numbers this year. But the one thing I keep coming back to is the "fragileness" of a lot of players. Especially the lineup we had tonight.

We have a lot more guys taking big hits, then giving them. Something to keep in mind as the season starts

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Backes hurt Pominville, Polak hurt Mitchell, neither of those two are goons.

Doesn't mean we can't answer. I'd have nothing against, say, Matt Cooke elbowing the ever-loving **** out of David Backes. Let's see the STL fans cry about blatant cheapshots when their team is doing exactly the same.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Doesn't mean we can't answer. I'd have nothing against, say, Matt Cooke elbowing the ever-loving **** out of David Backes. Let's see the STL fans cry about blatant cheapshots when their team is doing exactly the same.

Never said we couldn't, never said anything about any sort of answer or anything in that realm. Pointing out that the 2 main injures weren't the result of goons.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
hey guys, come in peace, don't want to argue that hit, just curious if someone actually saw it?!
because it would really be kinda curious since both of them are good old Minny boys and likely teammates in Sochi...
and I'm not here to defend Backes, he plays on the edge and sometimes a bit over the edge but talking about cheapshots it wasn't too long ago when he got one from an AHL scrub on your team, guess Alberts was his name, can't exactly remember.

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for the Blues, hating them is going to be fun this season.:D

same here! always liked your team, proudly have a jersey of it, makes it even more interresting since since a friend of mine is a hugh Wild fan.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Wait.. Pominville and Mitchell hurt? Harding not feeling well?
Ruff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad