GDT: 05/07/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 4 Chicago @ Minnesota - 8:30 p.m. CDT - FSN/NBCSN/CBC

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Pretty much. I'd actually like to see Koivu sat if that were at all possible. Of course it's not, so, why bother even elaborating.

Sigh.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Pretty much. I'd actually like to see Koivu sat if that were at all possible. Of course it's not, so, why bother even elaborating.

Sigh.
It's the playoffs though. Guys play with broken bones. No way he sits if he can play. If anything, reduce minutes or change it up. Coyle even had to slow up on a break in to allow for Koivu to catch up.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It's the playoffs though. Guys play with broken bones. No way he sits if he can play. If anything, reduce minutes or change it up. Coyle even had to slow up on a break in to allow for Koivu to catch up.

The definition of "can play" in the playoffs = has all his limbs intact

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yep. I remember Walz in the postseason. That was one guy who got abused nightly, but he refused to slow down. Either he said it or Russo said it, but it would take his arm being ripped off to keep him out of the game.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Good game, no reward. No need to hang our heads. The fat lady's still picking her dress for SUNDAY. Believe.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Right. And right now I don't think Koivu has all of his intact. In fact I think one is critically injured.

Good game, no reward. No need to hang our heads. The fat lady's still picking her dress for SUNDAY. Believe.

Good game? What game were you watching during the 2nd and third? We stunk.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota

What are you talking about, that wasn't even close to a good game.

We missed the net constantly, weren't playing physical enough, gave up AWFUL goals, couldn't win any puck battles, couldn't sustain any pressure, we had SIX chances on the power play and we didn't get dick from that, just an awful game.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Right. And right now I don't think Koivu has all of his intact. In fact I think one is critically injured.

Whether he should've gotten shoulder surgery already a year or two back is another can of worms, but this time it looks like it's something in the lower body. That skating isn't normal.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Disappointed in the Wild for just absolutely ******** the bed. That was not even close to worth the exorbitant amount I paid on StubHub.

Hate to blame it on goaltending, and especially hate to do so when Kuemper was put in such a tough spot. But I really gotta pin this loss on him. If he doesn't give up that soft goal to start the second, it's a completely different game. Team came out energized, crowd was pumped, but everything just deflated there. Not to mention how it affected the D...it was painfully obvious how little they trusted him, and their attempts to compensate were very self-destructive.

Also, pretty sure when Yeo gets fired this summer it won't be for losing this series, nor for his regular season body of work. And it won't be for some of his bigger flaws like poor line management, bad situational awareness, poor calling timeout, etc. No, he'll be fired because of that big, fat 0-for on the power play this season. The futility is getting exasperating, and it's not like we're just not talented enough on our PP unit.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Disappointed in the Wild for just absolutely ******** the bed. That was not even close to worth the exorbitant amount I paid on StubHub.

Hate to blame it on goaltending, and especially hate to do so when Kuemper was put in such a tough spot. But I really gotta pin this loss on him. If he doesn't give up that soft goal to start the second, it's a completely different game. Team came out energized, crowd was pumped, but everything just deflated there. Not to mention how it affected the D...it was painfully obvious how little they trusted him, and their attempts to compensate were very self-destructive.

Also, pretty sure when Yeo gets fired this summer it won't be for losing this series, nor for his regular season body of work. And it won't be for some of his bigger flaws like poor line management, bad situational awareness, poor calling timeout, etc. No, he'll be fired because of that big, fat 0-for on the power play this season. The futility is getting exasperating, and it's not like we're just not talented enough on our PP unit.
Exactly. We have the tools. He's just stubborn and won't rearrange them. Heck, if Koivu is injured, take him off the top PP unit. Get Coyle up there. How about Zucker? Take Kyle "I'm gonna ruin a scoring opportunity by trying to be fancy" Brodziak off the top unit. Just do something.

I bet Yeo has them practice the PP with the same freaking lines thinking it'll be enough.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
0-6 on the PP. If anyone legitimately blames the refs for this loss I'll be at a loss for words.

Being at the game I'll say they missed more calls than that, but as you say this wasn't a game where that really mattered. They got the majority of the calls, and if you can't score one bloody goal in six chances on the powerplay AT HOME then you deserve to lose.

The Wild are STILL the ONLY team to not have a powerplay goal in the playoffs.

Sorry, but that's pathetic. Most of our section was wondering if in the third, Chicago just pulled one of their players for fun and just had it be 5v4 if Minnesota would score or not.

This game was a lot of shades of games I've seen all season --- mainly the 0-2 Blues loss boring ass trap game amongst a few others.

It's amazing how this team goes from one of the best powerplays in the league, to...the worst. It's ridiculously bad and it doesn't look to be getting better any time soon.

I got that feeling in the stands that if they just nicked one, that's all it would take (just like I did in that Blues game) and they didn't, got frustrated, and blew it.

Nobody in the crowd sounds bummed either, because half of them are Hawks fans and all the Wild fans have seen this all too familiar story before.

Actually, less Chicago fans in the crowd than the game I was at this season with the 3-2 OT win. I was shocked that many fans kept their tickets especially for a "school night" game with an incredibly late start.

Easily a majority of Minnesota fans by far except a cluster by their bench.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sydor controls the powerplay. Simple as that. Yeo still isn't a good coach.
Sydor doesn't decide who hits the ice. Yeo does. If the head coach wants to make an adjustment by moving a player on one of the units, he can. Sydor can't.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Yeo has a history of terrible powerplays in PIT and SJ.

First thing pens fans said when he was hired is he will destroy your powerplay.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
As much as we hated him, the Wild would have likely scored on about 40-45% of their PP chances with Richards as head coach. That probably was the lone asset TR had.

Was fun having the best PP in the league during the major part of a season.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
As much as we hated him, the Wild would have likely scored on about 40-45% of their PP chances with Richards as head coach. That probably was the lone asset TR had.

Was fun having the best PP in the league during the major part of a season.
Richards still sucks.

No more rookie coaches, Fletch. This time, you need to go with experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad