GDT: 04/06/17 - Wild @ Avs - 8PM CT / 4AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I can't believe they reversed that.

I would have thought they would consider interference on the initial review.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
As someone who was scoreboard watching... that was the most confusing end to a game.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Ref just screwed it up...he should have ruled incidental contact on the ice and then the Avs could have challenged it if they wanted to...the puck was never covered so he just blew the call mainly..which led to the lengthy reviews. Was an easy call and he saw the whole thing.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I feel like that un-re-reversed goal repaired our relationship with Colorado about as well as dabbing teardrops with one's dongbush.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I feel like that un-re-reversed goal repaired our relationship with Colorado about as well as dabbing teardrops with one's dongbush.

More like the scene from Horrible Bosses when the guy sticks his boss' tooth brush in his own butt crack.

Though I see this one as a bit of vindication for that goal the Avs scored several years ago when the puck went under the side of the net and somehow review by the league upheld the goal!

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Well that was a weird sequence at the end but the call was definitely the right one. Though the Avs fans feel like they were robbed.

Not the greatest game or the greatest effort. Didn't like 2 of the goals Dubnyk allowed.

Granlund looks tired, just doesn't seem to get anything going on right now. Loses the puck more than any other player on the team and is downright slow to make plays. Good for him to get that extremely lucky goal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't like the line combos until the 3rd. They looked lost a lot of the first two periods; passes to nobody, into skates, etc...

1 goal on Dub (the 2nd) for not sealing off the post, one 50/50 goal (the 1st, it was a nice shot), and one fluke goal (off Prosser, par for an Av's game) that he had no chance on.

Dumba had a decent game, one bad turnover but several nice defensive plays.

The PP was awful (again), too pass happy once they gained the zone.

Staal was dreadful on faceoffs, JEE wasn't much better. Hanzal took Koivu's spot as main FO guy and did well.

Ugly win, but a win.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
watching this game was more entertaining than watching the hurricanes on the other tv i can tell you that much

fortunately i did discover that if you watch hurricane game on 1.5x speed while having yakety sax playing in the background they do become somewhat enjoyable

Wabit

May 23, 2016
watching this game was more entertaining than watching the hurricanes on the other tv i can tell you that much

fortunately i did discover that if you watch hurricane game on 1.5x speed while having yakety sax playing in the background they do become somewhat enjoyable

Yakety Sax makes so many things more bearable. :yo:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I noticed that Dumba had a decent game. Scandella did some good things defensively, but also some not so good things. Suter was great. Doobs definitely had one bad goal, and would have liked to see him stop the other, though it was a good chance. Pickard was awful. He had at least two really bad goals, Zucker and Granlunds, and Prosser's goal( man, that's doesn't roll off the tongue easily) should've been stopped, too.

Once again, the Wild looked really good for periods of time, then lackluster and out of sync in others. I don't have a great feeling about this team going into the playoffs. They seem to have a problem bringing consistent intensity to a game.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
They need to play much tighter in the playoffs. Like a wolf pack or a swarm of bees. Hard to tell when these games are meaningless. You can't act or fake true grit and intensity.

So, we'll see when it begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad