Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
rinne-wild-game-day-bug.jpg

Minnesota Wild game preview

NHL.com said:
Zach Parise, who missed Thursday's game against the Ottawa Senators because of eye and upper-body injuries, could return to the lineup. Parise took part in morning skate on Thursday and practiced again on Friday, saying he expects to play.

Wild coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn't reveal his plan for a starting goaltender. Alex Stalock made 18 saves in the 5-1 win over Ottawa, his first start in a Wild uniform.

If Stalock doesn't get the nod, former Predator Devan Dubnyk would likely be in line to make the start.

Wild lineup (unconfirmed)

Chris Stewart - Eric Staal - Nino Niederreiter

Jason Zucker - Mikko Koivu - Mikael Granlund

Charlie Coyle - Martin Hanzal - Zach Parise

Erik Haula - Joel Eriksson Ek - Jason Pominville

Ryan Suter - Jared Spurgeon

Marco Scandella - Matt Dumba

Jonas Brodin - Christian Folin

Alex Stalock

Devan Dubnyk

Predators game preview

NHL.com said:
Entering a crucial weekend of play, the Nashville Predators will be playing the first of back-to-back games against the two teams directly ahead of them in the Central Division standings. After hosting Minnesota on Saturday, the Preds will hop a quick flight to St. Louis for a game against the Blues that could go a long way toward deciding postseason positioning. The Predators are also jockeying for position in the wild card standings, beginning the day Friday one point behind the Calgary Flames for the top wild card position, a spot that likely avoids a first-round matchup with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Predators lineup (unconfirmed)

Filip Forsberg - Ryan Johansen - Viktor Arvidsson

Colin Wilson - Colton Sissons - Craig Smith

P.A. Parenteau - Calle Jarnkrok - James Neal

Cody McLeod - Mike Fisher - Austin Watson

Roman Josi - Ryan Ellis

Mattias Ekholm - P.K. Subban

Matt Irwin - Yannick Weber

Pekka Rinne

Juuse Saros

Last edited:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I have a bunch of errands to run, but I hope to catch the 3rd period, at least. Hope it's worth watching...

Also, I kinda wish BB would give Stalock the nod. I mean, Dubnyk could use the rest, Kuemper shouldn't play ever, and Stalock is the only Wild goalie to get a W in recent memory. I'd reward the guy.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I hope we get Nashville in the first round. Not because I think they would be an easy out, but because I think a playoff series with them could blow up into a rivalry pretty easily.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I hope we get Nashville in the first round. Not because I think they would be an easy out, but because I think a playoff series with them could blow up into a rivalry pretty easily.

Preds have great team spirit. In fact I've never seen anyone even show negative emotions. I don't think we do well against such an underdog team.

If we *were* to lose this one, would it be more unlikely to get the Preds in playoffs? :monkey:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Preds have great team spirit. In fact I've never seen anyone even show negative emotions. I don't think we do well against such an underdog team.

If we *were* to lose this one, would it be more unlikely to get the Preds in playoffs? :monkey:

If the Wild played the Predators everyone would pick nashville to win.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Huh, Preds are the only team in the West not to clinch a playoff spot. Also surprised to see San Jose in 3rd in their division, and only one point up on a wild card spot.

It's been a while since I had a reason to look at the standings. :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nashville is a tough place to play... but we always seem to play pretty well there. At least recently. Surprised Stalock is going again, but I'm fine with it.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Boooooo Suter!

Pumped that Stalock is going again, let's get a real winning streak going boys!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Fiala tests Stalock early... Preds pressing hard and it's not even 1 minute in.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Did you guys hear that just before puck drop? The Preds arena announcer yelled "lets pay hockey!"

How original.... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad