GDT: 02/01/17 - Wild @ Calgary - 9 PM CT / 5 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
I'm sure I'll get eye rolls from a lot of you but if someone dropped the gloves in the first this game could have been very different

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Flames are a bad match up for the Wild. Big and physical and aggressive forecheck. They scare me almost as much as LA from the Pacific.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Flames are a bad match up for the Wild. Big and physical and aggressive forecheck. They scare me almost as much as LA from the Pacific.

Doesn't scare me the slightest. Edmonton for example is potentially worse match-up for Wild and i'm not scared of them either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Scandella played OK. There is a lot of forwards who used to pay well MIA.

If Coyle ISN'T hurting then he ought to be ashamed of himself. Playing like crap the past few games.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not too upset, though getting swept by Calgary is upsetting..

Only the third loss all year by more than one goal, discounting empty netters. Just think about that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Losing sucks. Don't know how Avs' fans can deal with this every night.
Losing sucks, sure... but when you win as often as the Wild do... a loss here and there doesn't feel nearly as bad.

As long as the Wild get their game back in gear on Saturday, this will be forgotten rather quickly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brodin wasn't going to change this outcome... sorry.

Looking back two weeks, the Wild have done pretty well without Brodin.

Doubt Brodin changes the outcome of a loss. Wild got hit early and crumpled, hit on Staal is where the game changed.

But have they really done well? Wins are there, but so are a lot of blown leads. PK hasn't looked good. Oh well, neither here nor there. Can't do an alternate dimension and see if things go different if he wasn't hurt.

Wild laid an egg, it happens. 2nd game of a back-to-back against a team on 6 days rest. Flames have the Wild's number this year.

Can we just blame Yeo? Wild heard he was a head coach and thought he was back...:sarcasm:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doubt Brodin changes the outcome of a loss. Wild got hit early and crumpled, hit on Staal is where the game changed.

But have they really done well? Wins are there, but so are a lot of blown leads. PK hasn't looked good. Oh well, neither here nor there. Can't do an alternate dimension and see if things go different if he wasn't hurt.

Wild laid an egg, it happens. 2nd game of a back-to-back against a team on 6 days rest. Flames have the Wild's number this year.

Can we just blame Yeo? Wild heard he was a head coach and thought he was back...:sarcasm:
For the record... the Blown leads were there before Brodin left, and have stopped after he left... I don't think his presence or lack there of had all that much influence on either the start or stopping of it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
For the record... the Blown leads were there before Brodin left, and have stopped after he left... I don't think his presence or lack there of had all that much influence on either the start or stopping of it.

7.5 games without Brodin Jan 17th
Dallas: 2-0 up, 2-2 SO win
Nash: 2-0 up, lose 4-2 (Kuemps)
AZ: 1-0 up, 3-1 up, 3-3 tie, 4-3 win
NJ: 2-0 up, 2-2 tie, 3-2 up, lose 4-3 (Brodin hurt in 2nd before the team gave up a goal)

43 games with Brodin
Dal- 4 goal lead blown: Jan 14th (Kuemps)
LA- 2 goal lead blown: Jan 7th (Kuemps)
NYI- 2 goal lead blown: Dec 29
Van-2 goal lead blow: Nov 29 (Kuemps)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The blown lead thing started in January after the December run, while Brodin was still healthy. It ended just recently at the end of January. I don't think Brodin was the cause or the prevention of it at all. The play across the board or other circumstances were the cause - ie - Nashville - Koivu last second scratch, one of the games had that BS 5 on 3 situation after not one but TWO Wild players were fouled without calls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad