GDT: 02/01/17 - Wild @ Calgary - 9 PM CT / 5 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Man, the Calgary players hate us. They had this one circled on the calendar. Hard to match that intensity. Oh well, hopefully we dont meet in April.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Man, the Calgary players hate us. They had this one circled on the calendar. Hard to match that intensity. Oh well, hopefully we dont meet in April.

Well I mean when Gaudreau got injured by Staal and Suter, it kinda makes sense doesn't it? I like Minnesota, and I know you guys are a great classy team with a lot of skill and in my opinion the best purely defensive team in the league (The fact you guys have Dubnyk and Kuemper and yet allow the least HDSA/60 is amazing (As both are HDSA stimulators for the other team, even if they are excellent at stopping the puck, they are bad at preventing chances). Still those slashes against Gaudreau were very dirty.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The blown lead thing started in January after the December run, while Brodin was still healthy. It ended just recently at the end of January. I don't think Brodin was the cause or the prevention of it at all. The play across the board or other circumstances were the cause - ie - Nashville - Koivu last second scratch, one of the games had that BS 5 on 3 situation after not one but TWO Wild players were fouled without calls....

I mentally disreguard the leads blown when Kuemps is in net. The team plays different in front of him, scared? for lack of a better word.

Dub coming back down to earth plays a part. The domino effect of Brodin > Scandella >>> Reilly/Prosser. Scandella finding some of his game has lessened the gap between him and Brodin, otherwise it would be >>.

I do think the recent blown leads wouldn't happen with Brodin on the ice. Blown coverage, not getting a zone clear, being able to hit a breakout pass, PK ability. Just a cumulative effect of little things.

Yes, other things lead to blowing leads: Suter having a Dumba55 game, Koivu out, team deciding not to play, Kemps doing his thing, Coyle morphing into (useless) Pommer.

The dmen points have dried up since the NJD game. Season thru NJD game 68% of goals have resulted in a dman point. Last 7 games (25 goals) 32% have resulted in a dmen point. GPG have gone up slightly (~.3)
Suter- 1g/3a (2 games with points)
Spurgeon- 1a
Scandella- 0
Dumba- 2a
Prosser/Folin/Reilly-1a

Just looking at trends, they might mean something or they could just be a statistical anomaly. They really can't be proven/disproved until Brodin gets back and there is another data set to compare. All I know is the team is better with him than without him. :blah:

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
Flames fan coming in peace. Flames fans are even shocked that we swept you this year. I thought we wouldve got destroyed lol... But straight up wild look like a serious team this year. I got them going to the finals against washington.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Flames fan coming in peace. Flames fans are even shocked that we swept you this year. I thought we wouldve got destroyed lol... But straight up wild look like a serious team this year. I got them going to the finals against washington.

Flames have the Wild's number this year. I picked them to be 3rd in the Pacific before the season started. If Elliot ever figures out his game you'll be a dangerous team.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

You guys are always a team that has had our number, especially in your own barn. I think outside of Dallas, we have our worst record up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad