Post-Game Talk: 0-for-5 on the PP and the last 5 games, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I have a suggestion for Bones ... after 5 straight losses and going ZERO for 17 on the PP in those 5 games play your 4th line and 3rd pairing D men and I bet they would score at least one goal on the PP. Oh and FIRE Lauer too,
Seriously if they cannot do the job why should you get rewarded the same players playing on the PP ... it makes no sense.
The biggest joke is pulling the goalie for an extra attacker ... you can't score on the PP what's the point ... run up the score?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And every one of those teams is out of the playoffs. It's going to continue to cost us.
True.

Screenshot_20240328-231917_NHL.jpg
Also surprisingly, Vegas PP is almost as bad as ours

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
And every one of those teams is out of the playoffs. It's going to continue to cost us.
I would like to see the Jets PP record against the good teams ... I would bet its last or bottom 5 for sure.
Going 3 for 3 against the Duck makes your PP stats look good but its misleading.

True.

View attachment 843002Also surprisingly, Vegas PP is almost as bad as ours
Vegas PP against the Jets in 3 games is 4/7

Reactions: Luc Labelle

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well, we’re one day closer to Bettman’s demise. But that’s about all I have for positivity tonight.

Reactions: buggs

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They are tired. They just need a break!
They are sick. They just need to get well!
They are injured. They just need to get healthy!
They have new players. They just need to gel!
They are complacent. They just need to turn it on for playoffs!

Is that all of them? I might be missing a couple.
“You’re a negative person with a negative outlook on life” is a classic.

Reactions: hn777 and jungles

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I would like to see the Jets PP record against the good teams ... I would bet its last or bottom 5 for sure.
Going 3 for 3 against the Duck makes your PP stats look good but its misleading.

Against playoff teams 20 Goals For, 3 GA in ~180 mins of PP time

Against non-playoff teams 18 GF, 2 GA in ~188 mins of PP time

So pretty close

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just got home from the game, fire Lauer tonight that PP is embarrassing, no excuse for it to be as horrible as it is. I like Scheifele but that was stupid for him to drop the gloves and fight, if he just grabs the Vegas player instead of flying in with his gloves already off we would have had a 5 minute PP and he would have still been in the game. Very frustrating night and i had to deal with 2 obnoxious Vegas fans all game. :mad:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They are tired. They just need a break!
They are sick. They just need to get well!
They are injured. They just need to get healthy!
They have new players. They just need to gel!
They are complacent. They just need to turn it on for playoffs!

Is that all of them? I might be missing a couple.
You missed:

They line combos aren't right. They just need to play Ehlers and Schiefele together

The power play sucks. They just need to fire Lauer

The coach is an old school dinosaur. They just need to fire him and hire a coach who is a nerd who's never played the game and looks at spreadsheets all day

Funny how you only pointed your post in one direction

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We’ve known since like game five that the PP is sweaty elk balls. From what I can see, they’ve made no adjustments or attempts to fix anything. Just trotting out mostly the same cast of players with the same systems in place. It got a boost when Monahan first came in but now it’s back to where it was just as quickly.

I really hope Lauer isn’t the new Huddy where he survives a nuclear bomb, solar flare, Yellowstone eruption and the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs all while our PP continues to suck.

Get that man away from my favourite hockey team ffs

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I'm just trying to find things to feel positive about lol

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Vancouver is starting to flounder now without Demko. They fail to clinch again tonight.

We probably don't have to worry about playing Dallas in the first round.

Reactions: roccerfeller

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just got home from the game, fire Lauer tonight that PP is embarrassing, no excuse for it to be as horrible as it is. I like Scheifele but that was stupid for him to drop the gloves and fight, if he just grabs the Vegas player instead of flying in with his gloves already off we would have had a 5 minute PP and he would have still been in the game. Very frustrating night and i had to deal with 2 obnoxious Vegas fans all game. :mad:
Dealing with obnoxious fans from an opposing team is never a fun time.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
This still might work out ok...if Nashville overtakes us and we fall into a wildcard spot, we might be able to play Vancouver in the 1st round. I think there would be a chance we could win that series with Vancouver's goalie out.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just like the Edmonton game if our PP is even decent we win , i just don't understand why they don't move around more, pass the puck faster and shoot. It's just unreal how everyone of our PP's looked exactly the same every time, change shit up don't just keep trying to bang a square peg in a round hole .

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
They are limping into the playoffs. Not sure what to think. I don't give a damn who they play in round 1, I just want to see a f***ing PP goal my goodness.
I dont think they're limping in. They have had great 5 on 5 play lately...lots of positives to take away.

But, they keep putting up L's and missing out on sorely needed points.

Their special teams is inexcusable - the PP especially should not be this bad. I know we had the 2nd best PP in the league when Vilardi was on, but it shouldn't be this bad with him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad