GDT: ★ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Close to a sellout too.

Blues wonder why they don't sellout. Considering the weather, fans definitely showed up tonight
So what's the reason they don't sell out?

Because certainly it isn't their performance considering they have the 3rd best home record in the league (and have been a dominant home team for years now). If fans are expecting them to win every game, well...they should stop following sports.

I never understood the notion of feeling sorry for fans who spent money on tickets to a losing game. They're going to happen, and the fans should know that losing is an option before purchasing them. It's their choice.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
People overreact everytime the Blues lose by a few goals.

This stuff happens in the NHL. The Oilers beat the Blackhawks 5-2 earlier this season. Chicago probably should have shipped off Toews immediately after that game due to poor leadership.

I mean who really cares about this game, it meant a lot more for Dallas who is fighting for their playoff lives (and a lot of you are not giving them enough credit; it's not like they're a bad team).

We have two tougher games coming up this weekend against the Bruins and Penguins back to back. Time to move on.
Normally I agree but this game should have been fairly routine. But as others said..same mistakes as usual. Blues should of picked Dallas apart but we're reduced to look like Buffalo.

I wouldn't jump off the ledge and call for a rebuild like some. But come on...rested and in front of a almost sellout. They have 2 days off...they could of put some more into this game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Because certainly it isn't their performance considering they have the 3rd best home record in the league (and have been a dominant home team for years now). If fans are expecting them to win every game, well...they should stop following sports.

I never understood the notion of feeling sorry for fans who spent money on tickets to a losing game. They're going to happen, and the fans should know that losing is an option before purchasing them. It's their choice.
There is a BIG difference between losing because you did your best and losing because you played like utter ****.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

lol you are frustrating to me because you can be quite a downer but you are rarely wrong in what you are saying

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
lol you are frustrating to me because you can be quite a downer but you are rarely wrong in what you are saying
I guess I don't really put that much stock into the regular season anymore unless it's against top teams that we'll see in the playoffs. Games against borderline teams like the Stars do not affect me much. And the Blues usually ALWAYS beat the bad teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto, etc. In other words, the only losses that really frustrate me are ones against the Chicagos and LAs of the world, mainly because I hate those teams and am sick of them having the Blues' number.

Of course we all get down on the Blues at times since their whole history is filled with disappointments. But I try not to let that control my outlook after every loss. There are benchmark games, and the playoffs. Most of the other games in between don't matter a whole lot when you're guaranteed to at least make the playoffs IMO.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Blues have been getting outplayed quite efficiently for a while now. Its on them. Good thing is they can rely on skill alone and still win games as they have.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Blues showed up lazy and sloppy against a desperate team and paid for it. Take away the first 10 minutes it was actually pretty close, both teams looked like ****

Captain America*

I went to the game and was kicked out for banging on the penalty box glass and barking at Roussel.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
The Stars came out with good intensity and created a bunch of turnovers by moving their feet. Blues didn't....simple stuff.

I just don't care much until they get out of a playoff round. It's the biggest elephant in the tiniest room. These kind of games happen. What would make me feel better is if we were controlling possession a bit more and were getting out of our zone more efficiently against a heavy forecheck. That's going to be a staple in the second season. I appreciate their ability to score, but I'd like to see their underlying numbers get a bit better down the stretch here.

Last edited:

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
I went to the game and was kicked out for banging on the penalty box glass and barking at Roussel.

I don't mind the green men kind of shenanigans especially against a player like Roussel, but banging on the glass for any reason is a huge pet peeve. There's a couple of fanbases that do a lot of it and it's really annoying to watch on TV much less in person.

It's irritating and crossing a line as far as being a spectator of a professional sports game.

Captain America*

I don't mind the green men kind of shenanigans especially against a player like Roussel, but banging on the glass for any reason is a huge pet peeve. There's a couple of fanbases that do a lot of it and it's really annoying to watch on TV much less in person.

It's irritating and crossing a line as far as being a spectator of a professional sports game.

He deserved it for picking on Tarasenko all game.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Well well. I fell asleep two hours before the game. Seems that I didn't miss anything interesting.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I hope Hitch shows video our team tonights game how badly we played first 5min against Dallas on home ice. Our PP2 line need to be fix. Jbo is too slow on blueline. Ofc Pietro wasn't that level tonight where he should be, but no excuse how they played together on PP. They cannot keep Jbo on PP if he is only good bringing puck to o-zone. Jbo is horrendous on blueline, slow, insecure what he does, shoots always wide. I don't know if he still injured or what, how he moves is significantly notable compare to last season or current season first games.

I think they should bring Lindbohm back to business.

Last edited:

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
Blues have been getting outplayed quite efficiently for a while now. Its on them. Good thing is they can rely on skill alone and still win games as they have.

Yeah they have been lucky since Shatty went down. I thought last night was particularly bad, like they thought that skill was going to win out while they stood around. SOB was on the ice for the first two goals, Oshie spectated on the first and missed a hit and got burned on the second. The 2nd and 3rd lines played like they were being punished...really don't see the point of switching up the lines for what seems like a marginal tradeoff of skills.

It was like an EASports hockey game when the computer has decided this is the game you just won't win: all of your passes off target/mishandled and the other team gets juicy slot shots.

I agree with BlueDream, though, some losses are inevitable, it's only the Hawks, Ducks, Kings ones that really bum me out.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah they have been lucky since Shatty went down. I thought last night was particularly bad, like they thought that skill was going to win out while they stood around. SOB was on the ice for the first two goals, Oshie spectated on the first and missed a hit and got burned on the second. The 2nd and 3rd lines played like they were being punished...really don't see the point of switching up the lines for what seems like a marginal tradeoff of skills.

It was like an EASports hockey game when the computer has decided this is the game you just won't win: all of your passes off target/mishandled and the other team gets juicy slot shots.

I agree with BlueDream, though, some losses are inevitable, it's only the Hawks, Ducks, Kings ones that really bum me out.
Because 7m/yr center..... both the 2nd and 3rd works just fine as they are, when separated, neither line was even remotely effective. I understand trying different lineups for injuries though but I think this specific swap was for "Stastny"

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
first game this season i haven't watched. Looks like I'm fortunate. Dallas seems to have our number. No party of Jax

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
Because 7m/yr center..... both the 2nd and 3rd works just fine as they are, when separated, neither line was even remotely effective. I understand trying different lineups for injuries though but I think this specific swap was for "Stastny"

It's a problem down the road for sure, but in the games he played with Schwartz and Tarasenko when Lehtera went down and after I've been far less impressed with his play there compared to with Jaskin and Bergie.

So sit him and down and talk with him about expectations of a $7M Center after the season, but barring any injuries or trades we need to stick with SOB, STL and BJS for the remainder.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hey....Backes didn't throw a tantrum...there's always that positive to take away.

Probably means he beats up Schwartz at Fridays practice though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad