Post-Game Talk: “You’re My Favourite Mistake” Oilers tank game 81 to let AZ close this franchise with a W

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers kind of perfect last opponent for the Yotes giving them the W. We did it with Shane Doan, we do it now. Always wondered what we would have looked like with Shane Doan. Man the guy looks healthy.

Can sure pick his son out of a lineup. Same looks. Some of the Yotes look like Jr High kids. heh

Not much to talk about till playoffs.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Oilers kind of perfect last opponent for the Yotes giving them the W. We did it with Shane Doan, we do it now. Always wondered what we would have looked like with Shane Doan. Man the guy looks healthy.

Can sure pick his son out of a lineup. Same looks. Some of the Yotes look like Jr High kids. heh

Not much to talk about till playoffs.

The best part is that W with Shane Doan meant a whole bunch of f*** all at the end of the day.

Perpetual loser franchise since they entered the NHL with their previous identity

Maybe things will change as the SLC Punks or whatever

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They'll survive. They'll get a new team soon enough. This isn't like Quebec City or Hartford, actual "sad" events because you knew that was never coming back.

The league will do everything they can to go back to Arizona.
Whats the obsession with the NHL and Arizona? I know in theory they figure snowbirds will support the club but that doesn't happen, and isn't realistic. Snowbirds coming from Western Canada already have their favorite home side. They ain't changing, and a quarter Century says they aren't attending.

You can't bank on just OOT buying tickets. Not even in Vegas is that the sole plan.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah honestly I'm gonna be a villain here and just say it: I sympathize with their fans(honestly maybe the most dedicated considering all they dealt with) but as shitty as it is, the organization and NHL had 28 years to get it together. Nothing against the fans at all but the org was a tire fire and this was overdue. It's not wrong to call it as it is.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The weirdest part about the "relocation" is that none of the records are moving with them to Utah this time. So all those Jets/Coyotes stats are gone until Bobblehead figures out a way to get another team in Arizona.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The weirdest part about the "relocation" is that none of the records are moving with them to Utah this time. So all those Jets/Coyotes stats are gone until Bobblehead figures out a way to get another team in Arizona.
That actually makes sense if the plan to get another team is for real. The next team inherits the coyote name and branding while SLC is basically an expansion team.

As weird as this sounds when the jets got a new team and even tho they called themselves the jets I had absolutely no desire to become a fan despite being born there and devastated when the 1.0 team left.

To me they felt like cheap knock off and to this day still cheered for the coyotes because to me they were the jets. It's all semantics of course.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I made the mistake of watching the Sportsnet broadcast. I should have known it would be a 2.5 hour Coyote love-in. I was waiting for slow-motion video of Louie's greatest moments on ice there, with a violin soundtrack.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Whats the obsession with the NHL and Arizona? I know in theory they figure snowbirds will support the club but that doesn't happen, and isn't realistic. Snowbirds coming from Western Canada already have their favorite home side. They ain't changing, and a quarter Century says they aren't attending.

You can't bank on just OOT buying tickets. Not even in Vegas is that the sole plan.
Arizona is one of the biggest markets in America. With an actual good owner and team they could thrive there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad