Post-Game Talk: “You’re My Favourite Mistake” Oilers tank game 81 to let AZ close this franchise with a W

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Gary’s favourite mistake indeed with how many times he has bailed out this useless franchise over the last 28 years (including having the league control it for a time) just to keep this fledgling team in the desert, trying to disprove what everyone said from day 1: hockey will not work in the desert.

Finishing it in true Gary fashion by having them play in a University arena for 5000 people, he finally pulled his head out of his ass and realized nobody really cares for hockey in Arizona and is putting the Coyotes out of their misery.

Finally.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Arizona loses their team about 10 years too late.

34302192.gif

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Okay How did I get troll stomped and banned from the GDT for joking saying #TankForCelebrini? :DD

Anyways, obvious the team wasnt pushing for it. Its all about the playoffs now. Wish McDavid could get 1 more assisst so he passes Kuch but at this point I wonder if they even play him tomorrow? Might rest a lot of guys.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Anyone give a shit about this game?

All I cared about was Foegele hitting 20 ahahaha

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Oil come down with Valley Fever with likely more dump-ins within Mullet Arena toilets than the turd on the ice. Opportunity to sharpen the special teams also an afterthought as they opt to play the dupe a la Washington Generals. Much like the build up for this post-game thread, this was a waste of time.

Goodbye Desert Dogs. See you in five years. Time to buzz off to make way for the Utah Swarm or Utah Book of Mormons.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
That's twice now some of us have watched this franchise salute their home fans for the final time. Feel bad for their fans but god damn this soap opera is finally over.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad