Speculation: “What If?”

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Both are done in Boston imo.

Perhaps.

It wouldn't suprise me if one or both return, however. I could be wrong but I believe Rask wants to end his career as a Bruin, and to do so in proper fashion. I don't think he wants to slink out the back door.

As for David, stranger things have happened, and there may be a "handshake deal" to leave the door open for his return.

The Bruins and their fans should nonetheless operate from the perspective that both are gone for good.

If that's the case, best to get on with it.

PS I am not a Marvel person, but enjoyed the first installment of "What If..?" yesterday afternoon. Good writing, good animation. I've always found the "What If's" of history intriguing, if practically no-go's in my particular universe.

And FWIW, I believe time is simultaneous, and that there are, in fact, myriad you's, myriad me's, myriad earths, and myriad universes. Can't prove it, though. ;)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think Rask fully plans to play for Boston again. I think Sweeney has made him think he'd be welcome back, but I think Sweeney is playing both sides. If Ullmark and Swayman are playing great he'll cold shoulder Rask like he did Krug. If Ullmark or Swayman struggle, he'll take Rask back like it was the plan all along.

I sense the ring of truth in this assessment. It reminds me of Joan Jett being rejected by 23 record labels before essentially starting her own.

"I Love Rock n' Roll" (1982) goes to No. #1 for seven straight weeks.

"We were with you all the way, Jett."

Reactions: PlayMakers

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think Krejci is gone. They certainly seem to be doing everything they can to make fans hope he'll come back and honestly that really bugs me. Why lead people on? They did this with Krug and Chara. Fans are loyal, tell them you plan to move forward and why you think they'll be okay and fans will either agree or disagree and tune in to watch it unfold.

At any rate, he can't come back without going thru waivers and even if he refuses to play for another team, they can still claim him to prevent him from joining Boston. That ship has sailed.

I forgot about the waiver thing. He's gone, then.

And I agree per Sweeney. Surprise.

Reactions: PlayMakers

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think Krejci is gone. They certainly seem to be doing everything they can to make fans hope he'll come back and honestly that really bugs me. Why lead people on? They did this with Krug and Chara. Fans are loyal, tell them you plan to move forward and why you think they'll be okay and fans will either agree or disagree and tune in to watch it unfold.

At any rate, he can't come back without going thru waivers and even if he refuses to play for another team, they can still claim him to prevent him from joining Boston. That ship has sailed.
I dont know that many teams would sign Krejci and stash him, wasting a spot and cap space just to spite the Bruins. Lots of teams im sure would have been interested in Jason Spezza when he hit waivers until he said he'd only play for the Leafs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I dont know that many teams would sign Krejci and stash him, wasting a spot and cap space just to spite the Bruins. Lots of teams im sure would have been interested in Jason Spezza when he hit waivers until he said he'd only play for the Leafs.

If I were a potential 1st round opponent I would 100% claim him just to make sure I don't have to play against him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Let's say that DK wants to come back. Does he have to sign a contract stating the amount that he's willing to play for? Can he say "I want to come back and have a verbal agreement to play for (hypothetical amount) $2 million for a small portion of the season. But if grabbed off waivers by another team can he say "I'll only sign for the rest of the season for $5 million to that "other" team? Essentially making it too expensive for any other team than the Bruins?

Yes. He would go through Waivers after the contract is signed.

Reactions: Gordoff

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
if Krejci were to say "I want to come back, but i will only play for the Bruins" they sign him and then, for example, Toronto were to claim him and he didn't report he wouldn't get paid right?

I wonder how happy the NHLPA would be about that, a team knowingly making a move that prevents a PA member from earning a paycheque

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’ll always feel like DS is leaving the Rask door open strictly as an emergency option. I don’t think they trust him in the playoffs anymore. They’ve been burned by something popping up in a clutch moment too many times. They want to move on.

Krejci sounds like they want to get him through. Maybe they have a plan we don’t know about? After TB last year, everyone should be pulling out the stops trying to manipulate the system. Anything goes. Get super cute.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad