GDT: “Us…..and Them” @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I'm skipping the third period but will follow the score.

Can't stand the thought of watching 6 straight bad periods against the Jackets and Flyers of all teams. 😂
Gotta go with your gut.

Sorry for those that had to watch that third period.

Better come out ready on Saturday night. Playing like crap against these teams doesn't bode well going forward.

Reactions: Jags

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
So why is Wilson in the box since the Flyers scored on the delayed call? What'am I missing?

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Godawful pass by Backstrom, again. Same shit he did on the powerplay to create the short handed goal.

He got it to the point. This is why a lefty on the right point is occasionally gonna bite you. He needs to surrender the zone there, not make a weak-ass board dish on his backhand that's got 0% chance of going anywhere.

Gus has been good overall, but with Backstrom back on the half wall and his tendency to play the puck back with pace, a lefty in that spot hurts. Go No-D on the man advantage if you have to.

Also not sure why we got away from MoJo below the goal line. 92 has been ass all year and MoJo was damn good in that spot and as good as anyone we have on entries.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I still can't believe Ovie didn't go high on his breakaway. Hart looked clueless and Ovie basically shot it into his pads.

As the Flyers color guy put it: “I don’t know why he didn’t use the rocket launcher on the breakaway”.

Slap shot top shelf old school style would work better than his crappy backhand forehand move into the pads

Reactions: BallardEra

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Playing like crap against these teams doesn't bode well going forward.

Exactly. These should have been an easy 4 points. Terrible time to completely shuffle the deck, especially unnecessarily. 3 lines were working very well. Make the changes to the other line and be done with it. Instead he shuffled everything but the 4th and the 4th is shockingly the only line clicking at all.

With a division race this tight, why fix what ain't broke?

Almost no one just surrenders the zone.

Happens all the time. It's a bummer, but possession is way more important. Pull it back over the blue, reset, and go again. There's no version of that story where "Here, please take this puck" is a better idea. He had nowhere to go with it and zero chance to get it where he wanted on his backhand. Zero.

Reactions: BallardEra

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Feels like a bit of identity reset trying to integrate Wilson/Backstrom. Wouldn't mind seeing Milano/Sheary sit and see what things look like with NAK and Mantha back in the lineup.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad