“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If I were a betting man, I’d say that McDavid is going to rip Talbot apart. The Kings could win this series but I’m not expecting much. Lots of dead weight unfortunately.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
This team is built for game 83. Games 84 through 87, not so much.
honestly this is what i see too, oilers fans think we win the war of attrition but really we fade as the series goes on because they have a plan B -- load up mcdavid and draisaitl together. we don't have anyone who can match that

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
As Martyros stated, at least healthy for the 1st of 3 times. Missing DD and Arvy in '22 was crushing and missing Fiala and Gabe for 2 and 3 games last yr was crushing as well, considering they were both not 100% coming back...plus Mikey was just coming off McDavid concussed and didn't look good. The PK was brutal last yr, 8 out of 15? OIL PP goals. The PK is better.

I also like that #55 just put up 55 points and a much better impact player, than his 3 goal, 22 point, 20 year old version. Moore was not quite himself, after coming back from his injury last year.
A huge key will be needing Danault - Arvy - Moore this series. Arvy out in '22 series and Moore 'playing at about' 75% in the '23 series, as to what he should be capable now, coming off 31 goals, 55 pts.

All the above are pluses, compared to the last 2 yrs. I'm not liking the 7 D thing and would have liked to see Turcotte back in game 82,,,or that he was never injured and had a 1/3 of a season to be in this series. I hope he gets in, over the 7 D garbage. Moverare was -2 last night in 4:34. 7 D to me, would only be for Clarke and for him to be on PP1 w DD, together, but I'd prefer 12-6 over that. I think Clarke + DD on PP1 would be something the Oil could not watch game tape for and know how to defend it...yeah, may sound stupid, but Clarke is an offensive savant - right now - and could use him to his strengths. One of DD or Clarke could essentially be moving in the zone and both see seams and hit them with passes or could move in as a shot option. No use even bringing this up, as not going to happen...but what's the point oif Moverare as 7 D / 11 F?

I prefer DJ Smith / Hiller / Yawney over TMAC / Yawney, for that matter. To have a chance, must stay out of the box and all playing 60 mins. The beloved PLD hopefully raises his game....I liked the PLD - QB - Fiala last half of period 3 last night. If PLD plays up to his 60+ pts self, that line could make a big difference.

2 words. Viktor Arvidsson. He's a key, I believe. Gets the team going. 15 pts in 18 games? (would have been 65 pts / 82 games and 4th on team)
That is immense and he's so important to this team and the PP. This is interesting: both the Oilers and Kings lost 27 games (yet everyone is already like, we're losing 4-1 or 4-2) ...I say if the Kings had Arvy all year, the Kings are the 2nd place team...and that 10 more pts the Nucks have? Kings would have been right there. That;s what I think of Arvidsson and what he brings and means to this team

BRING IT.

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
They can win if they play to their full potential. The problem is they never do. On paper they have a shot but everything I've seen this season makes me believe this team doesn't have the grit and discipline necessary to come out on top.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Have Oiler fans started crying yet that the big market LA Kings have been “gifted” home games on Friday and Sunday by the NHL despite being the lower seed? That was quite a point of contention last year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1713514473744.jpeg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
at least the positive is that most of us except axl know that this is probably a sweep easily. This Kings team is much more stupid than the other ones. There's no "playoff Kings will wake up now that they're in". Nope, they're just some random idiots now who blew a three goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. That is who is going to show up.

Realistically. Kings lose against Edmonton by sweep most likely, and at least that awful GM will be out of here.

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
see it this way, if we face the Oilers, there's only 2 outcomes

1- we win and you get max pleasure out of it
2- we lose and blake is out and get max pleasure out of it

facing the Oilers is the way

GKG!

@KingPuckChoo is my zen master for this series, this year, this lifetime

wish we could make some boring 1-3-1 avatars but i'm tapped out of time and creativity, but that's more effort for a week of hockey too

Reactions: Little Psycho

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
A conundrum wrapped in an enigma of a dilemma scenario for many King fans....

2 outcomes. No variances added or deleted.

1. Kings win in 7 games. PLD comes alive. 8 pts in 7 games, He scores game winning goal in double overtime game 7, carrying Nurse on his back. unassisted monster goal. Kings go on to round 2.
(nothing known about the future of round 2. Last thing seen is Gavrikov dance in dressing room, after game...but just prior to that, is McDavid almost in tears at Oiler bench)

2. Kings get swept. It's ugly. PLD 1 assist in 4 games. -3. Luc and Blake are fired. PLD gets bought out.

This would be a good poll.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I could see this team eeking out a win in Edmonton possibly, but there isn’t much hope beyond that.

Real excited to watch the Kings get punched in the mouth, and proceed to fold like a cheap suit for the the rest of the series after that.

What are the rules about dressing Mike Richards cocaine-fuled ghost for game 1?

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
at least the positive is that most of us except axl know that this is probably a sweep easily. This Kings team is much more stupid than the other ones. There's no "playoff Kings will wake up now that they're in". Nope, they're just some random idiots now who blew a three goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. That is who is going to show up.

Realistically. Kings lose against Edmonton by sweep most likely, and at least that awful GM will be out of here.
good morning mr.sunshine

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Series schedule if not posted already.

Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings
Monday, April 22: at Edmonton, 10 p.m. (Sportsnet/CBC)
Wednesday, April 24: at Edmonton, 10 p.m. (Sportsnet/CBC)
Friday, April 26: at L.A., 10:30 p.m. (Sportsnet)
Sunday, April 28: at L.A. (10:30 p.m. (Sportsnet/Sportsnet ONE)
Wednesday, May 1: at Edmonton
Friday, May 3: at L.A.
Sunday, May 5: at Edmonton

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kings win in 4.
Dubois puts the team on his back for a game.
Talbot has a 40 save shutout.
Mikey chokeslams Draisaitl puts him in a body bag and hes out for good.
In the handshake line Lizotte removes his glove, powders his hand, and pimpslaps Mcdavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad