Post-Game Talk: “The Oilers are winning this now” - @gordonhught - @Cloned

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I knew the oilers would win and score a lot.

I have shesty in fantasy, and all my goalies are sucking lately

What kind? Love me some IPA’s
Loki Paddock Wood. They’re delicious!!
1669513619388.jpeg

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I’m happy we only dressed 6 defensemen today. I don’t think broberg would have seen a lot of ice if we did. He didn’t play the first goal well but needs to play.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Through 40 minutes the Oilers couldn't buy a goal and every chance the Rangers had ended up in the back of the net because Campbell is a dog shit goalie. Oilers controlled the play the whole game.
I agree Campbell has been awful but I’m not sure any of the 3 goals were bad goals per se.

1st goal the D left the back door wide open
2nd goal was pure luck and a terrible giveaway by Ceci
3rd goal was a cluster f*** with 4 players standing around doing nothing, maybe he could’ve swallowed up a rebound but it wasnt a bad goal.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I agree Campbell has been awful but I’m not sure any of the 3 goals were bad goals per se.

1st goal the D left the back door wide open
2nd goal was pure luck and a terrible giveaway by Ceci
3rd goal was a cluster f*** with 4 players standing around doing nothing, maybe he could’ve swallowed up a rebound but it wasnt a bad goal.
2nd GA was garbage. He also got beat twice clean on goals that were thankfully disallowed. And the big issue with Campbell isn’t bad goals against. It’s that he’s allergic to making difficult saves.

The man does not make the big save when there is a breakdown. If there is a grade A chance against he is letting it in. Worst goalie in the league at making high danger saves.

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The dudes career numbers are plummeting lol.

This season his stats are like .875. He’s the worst goalie in the NHL. There are no excuses. Even in a win today he was terrible.
I knew it was career numbers. Like I said, behind that team defence, not bad.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ya something about some mythical animal having his nose cut off, he said was bad. Idiot.

Why,you think his numbers should be holding behind that junk?
Skinners numbers are holding just fine.

You’re severely underplaying how atrocious Jack Campbells numbers are. He is far, far worse than Koskinen ever was and it’s not even close.

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I love this team and I’ll never doubt them again.

Until next week when some non-playoff team hoses them 4-1. :laugh:
In all seriousness though, hopefully this gets some people going. I don’t think anyone on the team more badly needed a goal than Bouchard and Holloway.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

You’re severely underplaying how atrocious Jack Campbells numbers are. He is far, far worse than Koskinen ever was and it’s not even close.
I didn’t comment on skinner. I commented on Your statement about Campbells average downplay in season behind a shitty defence that has played in front of him. He’s not perfect, but he’s not awful. You have decided to make it something about Koskinen. Enjoy your weird analysis.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I commented on his average downplay in season behind a shitty defence that has played in front of him. He’s not perfect, but he’s not awful. You have decided to make it something about Koskinen. Enjoy your weird analysis.

His numbers are awful. Far worse than they should be behind any defense. It’s not weird analysis. It’s basic fact. The only starting goalie who has been worse than him ths season is the Blue Jackets starter. His high danger save percentage is mind numbing my bad.

Blame the defense all you want, an NHL quality goalie is expected to make difficult saves that Campbell has been incapable of this season.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015

We were screaming bloody murder if either Smith or Koskinen came close to .890. Campbell can't touch those guys from last year. They were both better than him. .875. Absolute joke.

Reactions: RegDunlop

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Wicked shot from Holloway. Guy needs to be playing with good players it feels like.

Campbell .870 with a millimetre offside from being .850 and probably even lower if it's a tie game going into OT.

Guy is a sieve. Worse contract than Koskinen, worse player than Koskinen. How did we not learn our lesson?
As almost always with these young guys, confidence is everything. I sincerely hope this gets him going - he's got the skills, smarts and size to make a good career in the NHL. Same issues with Jesse and Yams. It was nice to see McLeod and Bouch have a bit of success too. They needed a game like that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Fischler has always hated the Oilers, even before the Oilers were close to a dynasty, and I'm not even sure why anymore. Force of habit?
If memory serves me right--it started when he came out to interview Gretz and other in about 79 or 80 to do an in-depth Sports Illustrated article(I think it was SI) and when he got to Edmonton they did not give him a parade or bend the knee and kiss his ring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad