• Owner

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Bobby

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Just gonna say it again, no matter who the players, coach, personnel, etc are, this team always looks like it can't play worth a shit. It's been the same exact issues since the Oilers started rebuilding in 2008. Never know how to play defence for whatever reason.
2017 was the only year the Oilers had an even passable blue line and it was still average at best.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
5 bucks says we pull this crap again against the Rangers.

Nobody has any urgency to change anything.
The pilot light just goes out with this club and no coach has figured out how to reignite it. You can have degree of success, McLellan had one winning season, Tippett had two and change, This of course presently is the quickest fold.

Islanders ain't pretty to look at but they play hockey and bang and cover and make life difficult enough around the net. The only Oiler doing that was Nemo. Lmao at Bouchard around his net. He's a disaster defensively. 2nd Goal Bouchard shows his stick blade and tips it home perfectly just like they show ya....oh wait..

3rd goal Bouchard is a human pylon once again staring at the rush as the puck is passed around him as he watches the goal scores. How many times?

I guess the players can say we'll get that mistake back or this one but eventually they stop believing it. Now they don't even believe they can score.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
The common factor from all the years of the decade of darkness is that we don’t have players that can defend worth shit.

Nurse is the best defender we’ve seen in a decade. That should say something.

Last time we had a number 1 we went to the finals.

I’m not saying that that would fix all our troubles, but the day we drafted Mcdavid we should have immediately started to look for a TRUE 1D.

What a waste of a talent.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The team has to have the balls to shake things up and if that means putting a bunch of player on waivers do it.

Secondly the cowardly media in this town needs to be tuning up the heat ten fold.

Even the few media guys in this town I like person wise are excuse making cowards.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Shit effort from everyone involved.

Hopefully nobody dies on the 2 day bender most of the players are going to go on in the New York stayover.

See you guys at 11 am for annual hangover matinee against NYR.
Going to? It was my thought all night that the Bobo Mironov TM Circus is already on.

Reactions: Tarus

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
McDavid was our worst forward tonight analytically...only better than Bouchard and Kulak. Sucks for him but if hes off the team is hopeless.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
What’s stopping Mr. Super Human from confronting the players and holding them accountable? Is the C just decorative?
My own perception of being a professional sports team fan is to use the ice-berg analogy. We see only a small element of a team's function, the tip of the ice-berg so to speak. The vast reality is majority of inter-personal relationships, coaching, leadership, team dynamics are hidden away from public view like the ice-berg. Who knows how/if McDavid 'drives' or confronts his teammates to be accountable.

This function is better served as a coaching function with the necessary distance and formal authority to demand it. Also why it is so easy to scapegoat coaches and fool's gold belief a next coach will be the one who makes a difference.

The inferior elements of this roster are a construction problem. Time to look at the GM to find some way to distrupt this sleeping, lethargic team.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Everyday Holland waits to make a trade prices go up as the league see's how desperate we are. Trade for Chychrun should have been made long time ago.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Is there some sort of herbal oil anyone can rub on kane's arm so he heals faster?
Kane is not fixing anything. This is a huge problem that keeeps getting worse.

There is no structure. Forwards do nothing to support one another. They play garbage D. All of them.

Much bigger problems than one injury.

It's like a crash now. Can't help, but watch it. Apathy has s t in a while ago. No energy to rave and rant.

Only a few trades will hype this team back up for me. Don't even look forward to games anymore.

Falling down fast. Flames with another welfare loss point.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The pilot light just goes out with this club and no coach has figured out how to reignite it. You can have degree of success, McLellan had one winning season, Tippett had two and change, This of course presently is the quickest fold.

Islanders ain't pretty to look at but they play hockey and bang and cover and make life difficult enough around the net. The only Oiler doing that was Nemo. Lmao at Bouchard around his net. He's a disaster defensively. 2nd Goal Bouchard shows his stick blade and tips it home perfectly just like they show ya....oh wait..

3rd goal Bouchard is a human pylon once again staring at the rush as the puck is passed around him as he watches the goal scores. How many times?

I guess the players can say we'll get that mistake back or this one but eventually they stop believing it. Now they don't even believe they can score.
There are so many issues with this team.

Owner, GM, coach, players.

The whole thing is tainted.

What a depressing sports day. :(

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Teams sucked since lowe surfaced again at the induction ceremony. If there ever was a concern
Remember me saying in that GDT how much I HATE these ceremonies and that it always seems to lead to bad things? It distracts from current team and play and if we're being the least bit out with it the OId Oilers are poison to be around. A bunch of pickled old fish. You shouldn't even want those guys hanging around except Katz,..he loves em like its 1982. whooops..

North

Jun 25, 2009
and we are back making all goalies look like Ken Freaking Dryden

Not our own.

There is no structure. Forwards do nothing to support one another. They play garbage D. All of them.

It's like a crash now. Can't help, but watch it. Apathy has s t in a while ago. No energy to rave and rant.

Only a few trades will hype this team back up for me. Don't even look forward to games anymore.

The infuriating thing is teams with legitimately less talent than ours work ten times harder.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The common factor from all the years of the decade of darkness is that we don’t have players that can defend worth shit.

Nurse is the best defender we’ve seen in a decade. That should say something.

Last time we had a number 1 we went to the finals.

I’m not saying that that would fix all our troubles, but the day we drafted Mcdavid we should have immediately started to look for a TRUE 1D.

What a waste of a talent.
Honestly if this team even had a real top 4 it would be fine. Almost every D is playing too high in the lineup.

Nurse-X
X-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard/Barrie

Is *at least* what an actual contending team would look like. They haven't iced a full top 4 since Klefbom, Larsson, and Sekera were in town. There are always one or two guys that the team is just crossing their fingers for.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
2017 was the only year the Oilers had an even passable blue line and it was still average at best.
We haven't had a GM capable of finding good defensemen since Kevin Lowe. Mr 6 rings wasn't good but at least he knew how to identify good hockey players unlike the Tambo/MacT/Chia/Holland quartet.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everyday Holland waits to make a trade prices go up as the league see's how desperate we are. Trade for Chychrun should have been made long time ago.
It’s over, the time has already passed. I don’t think he can even trade this year’s first without protections anymore, it’s too risky considering how the team is playing.

If I see any more of my teams losing today I'm going to have so many issues...;)

A week ago I made a resolution. But I don't keep resolutions. Really of any kind it seems. I guess I'm not a quitter.
Check my post edit lol.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

Kane insertion alone knocked guys down the line up, let alone the impact he had on the game. Just wearing the other team down with his physical play and rushing dmen to move pucks out of their zone played an impact. Not to mention his production.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
It’s over, the time has already passed. I don’t think he can even trade this year’s first without protections anymore, it’s too risky considering how the team is playing.

Check my post edit lol.
Add to that there’s also almost no trades of consequence made this early in the season.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We haven't had a GM capable of finding good defensemen since Kevin Lowe. Mr 6 rings wasn't good but at least he knew how to identify good hockey players unlike the Tambo/MacT/Chia/Holland quartet.
Lowe is still the best GM we’ve had since Sather.

Lowe bar, I knowe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad