‘The Kid Line’

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What will be fun (I hope) since teams ALWAYS emulate what successful teams have done...we see a bunch of teams run a "kid line" next year. Put your top 3 young guys on one line and see what they can do.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
I think NYR fans should just enjoy the ride as they were really close to not getting out of the first round and as a team they still rely way too much on a single player in Igor.

If these 3 guys take the next step next year of course so will the NYR so it will be worth watching.
Definitely. Fans should not take it for granted. Your team can have a great young core and be pegged as perennial contenders only to have it fall apart completely in one offseason. See: Winnipeg 2018.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Kakko only has 5 points in the playoffs. 3 of those are in the last 3 games, so it remains to be seen if he has turned it around now, but it's too early to say he's had a good playoffs when he's scoring so much less than his linemates.

I get that people are excited that Lafreniere and chytil look so much better than in the regular season, but there's a lot of hyperbole in this thread - e.g. "dominating every shift"
Kakko may end up on pool party trajectory where he's valuable to the team and provides a vital element to the line, but may never get the huge point totals.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
It's a crime that Strome is on the first PP unit over some of them.

We have 4 righties on our 1st unit, it's very predictable. But Fox, Panarin, Kreider and Zibanejad still makes it work.

A lefty on the right wall would be nice.

The kid line is flying and they hardly get any PP time to inflate their stats.
5 righties strome is a righty as well.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Kakko only has 5 points in the playoffs. 3 of those are in the last 3 games, so it remains to be seen if he has turned it around now, but it's too early to say he's had a good playoffs when he's scoring so much less than his linemates.

I get that people are excited that Lafreniere and chytil look so much better than in the regular season, but there's a lot of hyperbole in this thread - e.g. "dominating every shift"
Kakko only has 5 points but from the eye test I would say he's been the best member of that line. Any cycle down low that that line gets going begins and ends with kakko.

Last edited:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Kakko only has 5 points but from the eye test I would say he's been the best member of that line. Any cycle down low that that line gets going begins and ends sith kakko.

I haven't watched Rangers close enough lately to see the finer details. What lines have they been matching up against last couple rounds? I see they are getting about 10-13 mins toi per game. I'm going to pay a little more attention this game and see what these Rangers are all about.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It’s funny, the all the hype this line is getting I was shocked to see how few points they have. I guess it’s goals in big moments?

Seems to me they are still struggling to score points, similar to regular season

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It’s funny, the all the hype this line is getting I was shocked to see how few points they have. I guess it’s goals in big moments?

Seems to me they are still struggling to score points, similar to regular season
It’s kind of equal parts several noteworthy plays, incessant ESPN commentary, low expectations, and a lot of pent up Rangers fan PR from enduring all the bust talk.

Reactions: cavs and Dicky113

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kakko only has 5 points but from the eye test I would say he's been the best member of that line. Any cycle down low that that line gets going begins and ends with kakko.
In the last handful of games, he definitely has been. But overall it's gotta be Chytil. He's really coming into his own.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It’s kind of equal parts several noteworthy plays, incessant ESPN commentary, low expectations, and a lot of pent up Rangers fan PR from enduring all the bust talk.
In fairness, Chytil's 7 goals is pretty impressive, and Kakko and Lafreniere look strong. Watching these three kids play so well together in such high-pressure games is an unexpected gift for the Rangers. And I'm sure Rangers fans are enjoying cashing in some of their high hopes for Laf and Kakko.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Kakko going RFA this year, Laf hitting RFA next year and Chytil heading towards arb-RFA status next year as well. These boys picked the right time to have a good playoffs!

It's crazy that this is a "depth" line for NYR. So much talent and potential.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad