‘The Kid Line’

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Pretty damn incredible a group of kids 20, 21, 22 are just dominating the best of the best. They seem to have perfect chemistry. Kakko is nuts with handling the puck, in traffic, around the net. Then you have Lafreniere who’s practically the motor of the line that’ll throw the body, super skilled, does it all. Then Chytil, a feel good story since he was considered an after thought since the Rangers won the lottery twice. But his back hand, also the ability to handle the puck, he’s sooo clutch.

Then you had that shift in game one when they had possession for over a minute and Chytil one-timed it through Vasilevskiy? Epic stuff.

Their dominating almost every single shift..

Reminds me of Getzlaf/Perry. Or that 1990 Edmonton Oilers ‘Kid Line’.

Can you imagine what winning a cup with what it would do for their confidence?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
When they're on, as they've continued to be more and more so as the playoffs go on, they make our forward group the deepest in the entire playoffs.

Like, who do you match up against?
Zib-Kreider?
Panarin-Strome?
Or the Kid Line?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
When they're on, as they've continued to be more and more so as the playoffs go on, they make our forward group the deepest in the entire playoffs.

Zib-Kreider?
Panarin-Strome?
Or the Kid Line?
They have been on for a few games straight now. I hope they never turn off again lol.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Zib-Kreider?
Panarin-Strome?
Or the Kid Line?

Panarin - Strome - Copp line is slow and can’t forecheck for shit. Kid line should be the second line tbh.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
I'm just glad they're getting tons of playoff experience this early. And back to back 7 game series victories at that....Really hope this carries over into next season. Would love it if the line stayed intact...best part is they just don't look overwhelmed at all and are playing confident which was one thing that was a problem in the regular season.

Reactions: smoneil

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's not like it should be that terribly surprising necessarily...all three of them have clearly been identified as having big potential, and tons of skill. But after all of the questions about why these "top picks" weren't producing, they've picked an awfully good time to really turn it up a notch and "arrive" on the scene.

Fun to watch them work.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wonder what we do with them next season. They’ve played great but there’s no way to fit that entire line in the top 6. It’s hard even getting 2/3 into the top 6, and Lafreniere/Kakko need to be in the top 6 next season (in their natural positions)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder what we do with them next season. They’ve played great but there’s no way to fit that entire line in the top 6. It’s hard even getting 2/3 into the top 6, and Lafreniere/Kakko need to be in the top 6 next season (in their natural positions)

They should keep that line together and let them continue growing.

That’s a versatile line and if they reach their potential or close to it that would be among the best in the league.

So let them push each other and support each other

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
They should keep that line together and let them continue growing.

That’s a versatile line and if they reach their potential or close to it that would be among the best in the league.

So let them push each other and support each other
Can’t keep them together without playing them in the bottom 6 is the issue

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can’t keep them together without playing them in the bottom 6 is the issue

You can go the 3 scoring lines route...with the 4th line getting the short end of the stick while the top 3 lines' increased ice time gets distributed more evenly so that being on the third line doesn't mean getting limited playing time...at least for a while so you can see if they keep this rolling next season and force their way to greater PT.

If/when they do, then either keep the top 9 depth to contend with until the cap forces you to start selling off pieces/letting them go; or look for a consolidation trade to get an upgrade somewhere.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
could theoretically let strome go, try to resign copp and roll with...

panarin zib kreider
laf chytil kakko
copp line

next year.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
It's a crime that Strome is on the first PP unit over some of them.

We have 4 righties on our 1st unit, it's very predictable. But Fox, Panarin, Kreider and Zibanejad still makes it work.

A lefty on the right wall would be nice.

The kid line is flying and they hardly get any PP time to inflate their stats.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If anyone would go back and view the history of opinions on this board regarding all three players, particularly, Laf and KK, you would think these guys were a few plugs with zero chance of success.
There were times, even as a Ranger fan, where you could see the potential, but desperately wanted more production.
Now, it looks like the kids have gained the confidence needed to start approaching their potential. Let's hope it continues, but let's not forget that they are all still very young and not every player enters the league and sets it on fire. I do think that as these guys gain their man strength, they will take another step forward, particularly KK, who is already pretty dominant along the walls.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

ride it, there will be change.

Long way to go in this series with the loaded Avs coasting

Reactions: RalphyDanger

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Kakko only has 5 points in the playoffs. 3 of those are in the last 3 games, so it remains to be seen if he has turned it around now, but it's too early to say he's had a good playoffs when he's scoring so much less than his linemates.

I get that people are excited that Lafreniere and chytil look so much better than in the regular season, but there's a lot of hyperbole in this thread - e.g. "dominating every shift"

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kakko only has 5 points in the playoffs. 3 of those are in the last 3 games, so it remains to be seen if he has turned it around now, but it's too early to say he's had a good playoffs when he's scoring so much less than his linemates.

I get that people are excited that Lafreniere and chytil look so much better than in the regular season, but there's a lot of hyperbole in this thread - e.g. "dominating every shift"
Against Tampa they have legit been dominant every shift. Every game they get better and better together

Kakko has been the “weak link” and I’ve been very vocal about it, but the kid line only seems to play like they do with him on it. There was like 2 games during the Canes series Kakko was moved off the line to 4LW and they struggled to get anything going. Initially I was on board with moving Kakko off the line but seeing how they have all played together against Tampa has really been something. They continue to build momentum and grow their games, I’m expecting a huge statement game soon by that line

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I think NYR fans should just enjoy the ride as they were really close to not getting out of the first round and as a team they still rely way too much on a single player in Igor.

If these 3 guys take the next step next year of course so will the NYR so it will be worth watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad