‘18-19 State of the Ducks Part II - Failed

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
You always need two sides for a trade. Why should Edmonton trade Draisaitl? And you think Monty+Rakell is such a good value for the Ducks? Sometimes I get the feeling you do a fantasy trade or one in an EA sports game and wonder why it's not done in reality.

You clear 3 spots who needs to be replaced. One is filled with a 9 mio in cash player. So you fill it with two rookies I guess.
I agree. If Rakell was all star Rakell with potential to get closer to a php player and Monty progressed this season rather regressing, I could see a deal but as things stand now I cant see Edm considering that deal unless we added another roster player so from their side they can say they added a ton of depth and there team will be better even though they gave up the best player in the deal.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
You always need two sides for a trade. Why should Edmonton trade Draisaitl? And you think Monty+Rakell is such a good value for the Ducks? Sometimes I get the feeling you do a fantasy trade or one in an EA sports game and wonder why it's not done in reality.

You clear 3 spots who needs to be replaced. One is filled with a 9 mio in cash player. So you fill it with two rookies I guess.
I was asking because people were disappointed with the Monty trade, asking if they would have prefered something like that vs what return was.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Why say the reasons? It only gets dirty then.
I guess if he wasn't going to comment on cogs he wouldn't here either. It still strikes me as odd though. Most young guys we have traded have come with a justification. Maybe he is learning not to do that.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
FWIW, Stephens speculated that failure to come to a long term agreement last summer could have led Bob to a fear of having to pay north of $5M AAV on his next deal when he would be an RFA but only 1 year away from UFA. There's certainly some logic to that train of thought.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Henrique is never yielding a first with the contract he has.

I don't necessarily expect one but I also don't know about that. I don't think the league hates that contract as much as the internet does(evergreen statement) and the way centers are always in demand makes me think it's not exactly crazy. Wouldnt surprise me at all if Buffalo used that other first rounder(or whatever else) to come a calling on Rico.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hell, if Getzlaf is out for the year, we might not have anyone hit 40 points lol. Henrique is currently on pace for 42

Which is absolutely brutal. The only two forwards who are close to first liners we have had this season are both made of glass.

I think I’ll concede now to your point that this is the worst season I can remember. I think we have surpassed 2001-02 now. At least Kariya put up 32 that season.

Reactions: AngelDuck

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
This may be the worse season based on that Coaching Debacle alone. Not knowing a direction. Cap issues. Injuries.
But weve certainly had worse teams before!!!

Reactions: Masch78

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't necessarily expect one but I also don't know about that. I don't think the league hates that contract as much as the internet does(evergreen statement) and the way centers are always in demand makes me think it's not exactly crazy. Wouldnt surprise me at all if Buffalo used that other first rounder(or whatever else) to come a calling on Rico.
I hope they do come calling. Their pick is the 14th i think ?

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
State of Ducks:
Among top 100 forwards in P/GP, who have played 50 and over games (used that as a criteria as Getzlaf has played 55 on the season) we have 1 player, at position 85:
Ryan Getzlaf - 0,71 P/GP

Kings have two (Kopitar 0,76, and Brown 0,67). Sens had two as well (Duchene and Stone).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad