Post-Game Talk: Ã‡a sent la coupe, habs/Price win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Theodore also stood on his head and won the hart and the Vezina under Therrien.

I know Price is really really good but maybe just maybe Therrien's system is one that also makes the goalie look good.

Even Fleury looked like a Vezina contender under Therrien and look at him now.

Ahhh yes, the 2002 season. Remind me again how that season ended? Surely it was a dignified end to the season.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Therrien making Price and other goalies look great is a consequence of his poor system and not a deliberate design. Martin Broduer, Jonathan Quick and Tuuka Rask are examples of the system making the goalie, because good systems limit quality shots.

We have a phenomenal goalie who can handle a more expansive style of play, yet don't play like a team who is aware of this.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Ahhh yes, the 2002 season. Remind me again how that season ended? Surely it was a dignified end to the season.

We nearly made 2 round when we were supposed to not even be in the playoffs with the team we had.

But yeah Therrien made a mistake and was fired later for it. But on that front he does have made a lot of progress... (managing his emotion during the game)

durojean

May 29, 2007
Therrien making Price and other goalies look great is a consequence of his poor system and not a deliberate design. Martin Broduer, Jonathan Quick and Tuuka Rask are examples of the system making the goalie, because good systems limit quality shots.

We have a phenomenal goalie who can handle a more expansive style of play, yet don't play like a team who is aware of this.

I really don't know about that because it may be strange but I always felt Price was at his worst when he does not face a lot of shots.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
We nearly made 2 round when we were supposed to not even be in the playoffs with the team we had.

But yeah Therrien made a mistake and was fired later for it. But on that front he does have made a lot of progress... (managing his emotion during the game)

What was Therrien's mistake that made him gett fired?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Theodore also stood on his head and won the hart and the Vezina under Therrien.

I know Price is really really good but maybe just maybe Therrien's system is one that also makes the goalie look good.

Even Fleury looked like a Vezina contender under Therrien and look at him now.

MAF was pretty mediocre 3/4 seasons under MT. Theodore was mediocre 2/3 seasons under MT. If anything, this shows the system rarely works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad