¿Will Jack Hughes win the art ross this year?

Will he win the art ross this year?

• Yes

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 155 71.4%
  • He will finish 2nd (win 500k)

Votes: 24 11.1%

• Total voters

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Even if it's not McDavids to win automatically, he still has MacKinnon to compete with as well as others.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Nobody in their right minds should say yes.
He's a great player but in a McDavid league everyone is fighting for second.

Also, we need to stop having Jack Hughes polls/threads every couple of days. It drives me nuts, so I can't even imagine how much worse it is for non Devil fans

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Nobody in their right minds should say yes.
He's a great player but in a McDavid league everyone is fighting for second.

Also, we need to stop having Jack Hughes polls/threads every couple of days. It drives me nuts, so I can't even imagine how much worse it is for non Devil fans
You know I was thinking the same thing this afternoon when I saw this poll then he goes out and scores 4 points.

He might just have THAT season this year.

That said I still think Draisatal is the better bet for winning the Art ross if McDavid doesn't.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
You know I was thinking the same thing this afternoon when I saw this poll then he goes out and scores 4 points.

That said I still think Draisatal is the better bet for winning the Art ross if McDavid doesn't.

I think he scores more than Draisaitl this season. Yes that may be a tough task once we get deep into the season but really I just think he is that good and only improving.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he scores more than Draisaitl this season. Yes that may be a tough task once we get deep into the season but really I just think he is that good and only improving.
Who knows but like I said I have a feeling that this might be THAT season for Hughes.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
He's my pick for sure if McDavid misses more than ten games. Most impressive player so far this year

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
The odds for anyone not McDavid are marginal. And basically if it's not McDavid, it could be anyone from 10 or so players. So the fictional "prize" for getting it right should be way lower for "No" (like win 1000 vs 1m with "Yes")
Even if the poll is about McDavid the no option is very generous. With the 1000+ players in the NHL not a single player has the probability of GTE 1/2 for winning the Art Ross.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Even if the poll is about McDavid the no option is very generous. With the 1000+ players in the NHL not a single player has the probability of GTE 1/2 for winning the Art Ross.

If it wasn't for McDavid injury - yes, I would give over 50% odds to McDavid winning. His level of domination over the last 3 years is insane.

Even with injury - he's still the favorite today. Wouldn't put him favorite over the field though, but it's close.

As for poll - no Jack Hughes will not win.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
If it wasn't for McDavid injury - yes, I would give over 50% odds to McDavid winning. His level of domination over the last 3 years is insane.

Even with injury - he's still the favorite today. Wouldn't put him favorite over the field though, but it's close.

As for poll - no Jack Hughes will not win.
If we denote a 50% probability for McDavid to win, with players in the set of next ten most likely to win adding up to, say, 40% and the rest sharing the tenth percentile, and supposing that the ten players after McDavid each has a similar weight (I mean realistically there couldn't be much fluctuation among them since their weights are so low to begin with - a drastic increase in the weight of one player would lower the weights of others below a reasonable level), that would mean the player with the second best odds has a win probability of ~4%. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I would still give McDavid the best odds, even with the current injury. But not the best odds against the field, with or without the injury.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

It's nice to see him racking up points right now but it's clearly not sustainable, I'd be thrilled with over 100 points and top 5 in scoring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad