Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meh adding Deangelo and I assume getting something for that, plus moving Manson for pieces is a win for us

Adding DeAngelo will immediately help the PP( I mean it can’t get much worse, lol) I think Tony knows this is the last straw if he ever wants to play in the NHL again . I just am concerned with the attitude. Imagine him going after Gibson? Who has been very good this year unlike the Rangers goalies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Adding DeAngelo will immediately help the PP( I mean it can’t get much worse, lol) I think Tony knows this is the last straw if he ever wants to play in the NHL again . I just am concerned with the attitude. Imagine him going after Gibson? Who has been very good this year unlike the Rangers goalies.
I’d be more concerned about Gibson going after him for saying anything lol

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Gibson would take his blocker off and KO him. Dude is bat shit crazy haha

If DeAnglo doesn't realize he almost out of the league and change his attitude towards authority figures and management. Then that's his problem. Some team is going to give him one more chance, if he screws that up, he's done. And rightfully so

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Awesome, we just need the following to repeat that:
  • A free HOF top line winger
  • A free HOF top pairing defensemen
  • Trade Drysdale + Terry + 2 1sts + 2nd for Victor Hedman
  • Steel and Comtois become 50 point second line forwards.
2007 was kind of a perfect storm. Counting on that happening again is a long shot.

A lot went right, sure. There were a lot of not splashy moves that helped as well ... undrafted FA steals (Kunitz, Penner), unheralded trade yields (Beauchemin, Moen), several good draft yields, and some smart veteran acquisitions (O'D, May, Marchant, etc).

It's hard to pull off ... but if it were easy you wouldn't have teams going decades without sniffing a Cup.

However, if one is convinced that the team absolutely cannot make a turnaround of that sort in any forseeable amount of time barring miraculous luck, then you have one of two choices:

1) Gut the team of everyone over 25 , tank for a half decade, and pray for a franchise changing pick, or

2) Sell off every young prospect and pick for the here and now, maybe squeeze out a couple playoff runs and then start over from scratch.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
A lot went right, sure. There were a lot of not splashy moves that helped as well ... undrafted FA steals (Kunitz, Penner), unheralded trade yields (Beauchemin, Moen), several good draft yields, and some smart veteran acquisitions (O'D, May, Marchant, etc).

It's hard to pull off ... but if it were easy you wouldn't have teams going decades without sniffing a Cup.

However, if one is convinced that the team absolutely cannot make a turnaround of that sort in any forseeable amount of time barring miraculous luck, then you have one of two choices:

1) Gut the team of everyone over 25 , tank for a half decade, and pray for a franchise changing pick, or

2) Sell off every young prospect and pick for the here and now, maybe squeeze out a couple playoff runs and then start over from scratch.

Sure, but which do you think was more impactful? The 5 HoFers that the Ducks acquired in those 4 years, or the other minor deals?

You realize that the Ducks are in year 3 of their rebuild right? They dont need 5 more years.
I figure next season is the last season of the rebuild.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would be interested in Rakell for Bennett + 1st/Zary.
Pretty much something like this
Pelltier/Zary/1st
Bennet
+ potential 3rd piece pending 1st piece or retention on Rakell

for
Rakell

I think Zary and Pelletier give us high end forward prospects to add to our future core... 1st is a good gamble pick.... flames are hardly a given in the Canadian division.... that pick could end up a top 15 with a little luck.... granted I still think Zary and Pelletier would be fairly high picks in this draft class

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Tank for 5 years? You crazy. We are like 25% of the way through this year and if we could get another elite piece in this upcoming draft we will have a pipeline of young good talent and tons of cap space to make a big fa signing. This could be our last year of tanking.

Next year should be our rebound year where we are a borderline playoff team and super young. The year after that we should be looking to make a splash.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Ducks need some more grit. Would love a guy like Anderson who totally changed their complexion up in MTL.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The ducks already have an offensive RHD who isn't good at defense. So even putting aside all the other issues, I don't see fit on the ducks roster. But if other assets/benefits are attached, such as pickts, prospects or dumping Rico, then it might be worth it. Ducks can send DeAngelo to the AHL and then buy him out.

I hope that there’s a different pronunciation you’re using for the o-word, because Shattenkirk is certainly not good at offense either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad