Zykov and a conditional fifth for Versteeg (No salary retained.)

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
As an aside, man, I REALLY liked VInny's game last night, that guy has playoff darkhorse series winner written all over him, like will do nothing of note for a few games then pop in 2 goals in a crucial game once we've worn an opposing bottom 6 down.

like the game tying goal against the sharks

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
A wild Sutter hater appears.

Lol i dont hate Sutter , he is the best coach we have had in history and one of the best things to happen to us , however he does make some mind boggling decisions sometimes . I think u read to literal into it , im breaking down specifics not full on hating. I love my Kings and think they can be even better.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Lol i dont hate Sutter , he is the best coach we have had in history and one of the best things to happen to us , however he does make some mind boggling decisions sometimes . I think u read to literal into it , im breaking down specifics not full on hating. I love my Kings and think they can be even better.

This isn't directed at you... but people who make remarks about players being used on one line with players X, etc really sound naive, for lack of a better word. Coaching is more than just placing players on a line and letting them go free. There's time management. There's seeing a new player's comfort level and energy level. There are messages. After special teams, some lines are naturally going to be separated to give some players a break.

I'm not saying everything Sutter has done has been perfect, but it's a lot more involved than just plug and play like some people are alluding to.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I love DS too, but ya sometimes it's crazy what he does.

Clifford as the extra attacker in the middle of this 1 goal in 56 games stretch was all-time hilarious.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
If you guys are actually expecting brand new aquisitions to fit in right away, in the Kings system...your going to have a bad time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorry for bumping this thread but I wanted to ask how Steeger has been for you guys but wasn't sure which thread I should ask question in

Because of work I rarely have seen Kings hockey (Or any Pacific hockey teams) lately and have missed all the King playoff games thus far

Was just curious how Steeger is working out in LA

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Sorry for bumping this thread but I wanted to ask how Steeger has been for you guys but wasn't sure which thread I should ask question in

Because of work I rarely have seen Kings hockey (Or any Pacific hockey teams) lately and have missed all the King playoff games thus far

Steeg has been a good utility player. He has the skills to play on the wings in the top 6, and provides much needed skill and energy to the fourth line. He was definitely a good pick up for us.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Haven't had to complain about him, so he's not a **** list of mine. He's doing about what we expected.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA

He's been great, and given his fancy stats, should probably see upper line duty vs. the 4th line where he's placed currently.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Been much better than I expected but the end result appears to be the same: i.e. he isn't going to make a difference.

Just didn't expect it to be because of Sutter. He should get a crack next to Kopitar like before he blocked the shot against Boston.

17-11-10
70-77-73
12-44-23
74-22-13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad