Zucker was playing on broken leg

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Seriously though, that takes balls of steel to do. I couldn’t imagine the pain he was in to do that.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
tumblr_omy42hQOB61tzogbdo2_250.gifv

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Great story, but it depends on the severity of the "break" and on his pain threshold.

Displacement fracture, or compound fracture, he wouldn't be able to move.

I found out I had a fractured ankle - 20 years later while undergoing an MRI for a torn ankle ligament.

"So, how long ago did you break your ankle?"

Never that I'm aware of.

"Well we have news for you....."

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
What does hyping up the toughness of a group of people relative to another group accomplish?

On topic, this sucks for him and the Wild. Zucker was playing very well so far this season.

Reactions: The National

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Injuries are really starting to hurt the Wild. Not good when Luke Johnson, Victor Rask, and Nico Sturm are getting regular shifts.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
This is literally exactly what happened to Larsson, got injured in the last minute of the first period and played the rest of the game (22:19) on a broken fibula.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
In the old days I think they'd give them stuff to kill the pain and such. Not sure if this flies in this day and age, which would make this even more incredible.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
First, did he know it was broken or was it just a painful leg tweak?

2nd, if he did know...wtf? It's not the playoffs where pretty much every shift matters. It's the regular season where every win is important but a loss isn't the end of the world.

If he knew, playing on it one would think would injure it more/extending the time out rather than saying "coach, I've got a problem here...". It's during the season, you don't have the months of the summer to get well. An extra week off because you aggravated it might really matter down the stretch.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
First, did he know it was broken or was it just a painful leg tweak?

2nd, if he did know...wtf? It's not the playoffs where pretty much every shift matters. It's the regular season where every win is important but a loss isn't the end of the world.

If he knew, playing on it one would think would injure it more/extending the time out rather than saying "coach, I've got a problem here...". It's during the season, you don't have the months of the summer to get well. An extra week off because you aggravated it might really matter down the stretch.

Assuming it was an outright break, and not a fracture(I know they are one and the same, but usually a break means completely through and potentially with separation), he may not necessarily know. Lots of gear between his eyes and his leg, and it isn’t necessary to remove it between periods. Combine that with a lot of adrenaline, and that play through mentality, and there is no reason to think he knew anything except that it probably didn’t feel too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->