Confirmed with Link: Zucker to the Pens for 1st round pick, Gally, and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
She’s not losing any support but Jason. She’s from there and has a good media job. She’s pretty well known. Her friends from the Wild will still be her friends.
What if they turn on her after Jason comes back to St.Paul next year with the Pens and buries four goals en route to a 8-2 demolishing of the Wild, then what?

Reactions: HandshakeLin

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
One thing you have to admit GMJR plays to win. Thus the team has a sense that he has their collective back and that is all in all the time. I am concerned about the farm system and development of younger talent but in the end, Sid and Geno have a limited shelf life and injuries notwithstanding, he is here to win.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What if they turn on her after Jason comes back to St.Paul next year with the Pens and buries four goals en route to a 8-2 demolishing of the Wild, then what?

I hope that’s sarcasm. :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The Marian Hossa trade was an all-time good trade for Pittsburgh :huh:

Seriously. Would have looked bad at the time, but the Pens would still have "won" the trade even if Hossa wasn't part of it. Dupuis had more of an impact as a player post-2007 than Armstrong, Esposito, and Christensen combined. And not all of that can be chalked up to Crosby, either. Pens got the two best players in that trade.

Reactions: TNT87

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Also, how do we know the Pens overpaid? What’s our comparable?

“dude, I just bought a sports car from Minnesota for 150k!”

“Lol bro you overpaid, New York is selling their sports car for 100k!”

“Damn, really? So you bought it?”

“Nah man, they said it’s 100k, but they ain’t ready to sell it just yet. But as soon as they do, man, I’m definitely gonna be the only one in line to pay 100k, I’m gonna buy it, and then I’m gonna pick up my girlfriend!”

“The ‘girlfriend’ who lives in Canada?”

Reactions: JTG and KIRK

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
It is an overpayment, but I was never sold on Addison being a surefire NHL talent. His size and defensive play are his severe deficiencies, and I'm not sold on whether his skating acumen is enough to allow him to flourish at the NHL level.

From my limited viewings of Joseph, he is far more well-rounded - and is as polished as a skater gets in the AHL.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Haven't crunched numbers but Zucker and Galchenyuk have had VERY similar stat lines sice the 14-15 season. Both look to average out as 20 goal 50pt guys. Hopefully Gally can find a spark and a bit of a career resurgence in Minnesota, as many players have. Also mind you, Galchenyuk is 3 years younger.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Haven't crunched numbers but Zucker and Galchenyuk have had VERY similar stat lines sice the 14-15 season. Both look to average out as 20 goal 50pt guys. Hopefully Gally can find a spark and a bit of a career resurgence in Minnesota, as many players have. Also mind you, Galchenyuk is 3 years younger.
Sir, this is a Wendy’s

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
As JR said. “You shouldn’t try to win every trade”. I like how he deals. It builds good business with other teams ala ANA.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I don't want to be too nuanced in how I respond, but I'm fine with the risk but not necessarily the cost?:confused:

I feel very confident Zucker will excel here. I do wonder just how long it might take him to assimilate however. I'd expect a good showing in the first few games with the adrenaline pumping. But short term I have a pretty low bar here.

Zucker will be a nice fit. I just don't think JR got back enough however to make it a fair valued trade.
First game hat trick or bust. You know the board vibes!

Reactions: Ryder71

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Unfortunately Galchenyuk looked completely ineffective and lacking confidence during his time with the Pens. Not sure if he can turn it around but definitely needs to get on a team's 1st PP unit to start putting up points and getting confidence back. He hustled for the Pens but he's a bad player defensively so probably shouldn't play centre and didn't seem to get anything going offensively from the wing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As JR said. “You shouldn’t try to win every trade”. I like how he deals. It builds good business with other teams ala ANA.
He's not Shero or Sakic in trying to absolutely mug you, that's for sure. lol

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Anyways, I think Icedcapp is basically right. While I was initially shaky about the inclusion of Addison, it's likely that by the time he'd be a factor (if that day even ever comes), the window will be closing or closed. And while Zucker isn't my favorite player in the world, I do think he's tailor-made to play on a Mike Sullivan hockey club.

This handwringing over the family situation is overthinking things. I've known plenty of people who've worked out of town to support a lifestyle for their family that couldn't be supported with local employment, and those people didn't have $5 million worth of incentive every year to work around the situation. With technology like text messaging, Facetime and home cameras that stream to your loved ones' phones, out of state marriage is easier than ever to manage now (if both parties want to manage it).

The wife waiting through months of silence for a war letter she hopes hubby sends back from the trenches in Alsace isn't a thing these days. More like you just get home, stand the phone up and talk to each other for an hour while you cook/eat dinner in different states. Zucker has plenty of money to arrange visits when the schedule permits. Plus, she's probably in a peer group where everyone's used to the husbands being away most of the time.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sir, this is a Wendy’s

images

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Anyways, I think Icedcapp is basically right. While I was initially shaky about the inclusion of Addison, it's likely that by the time he'd be a factor (if that day even ever comes), the window will be closing or closed. And while Zucker isn't my favorite player in the world, I do think he's tailor-made to play on a Mike Sullivan hockey club.

This handwringing over the family situation is overthinking things. I've known plenty of people who've worked out of town to support a lifestyle for their family that couldn't be supported with local employment, and those people didn't have $5 million worth of incentive every year to work around the situation. With technology like text messaging, Facetime and home cameras that stream to your loved ones' phones, out of state marriage is easier than ever to manage now (if both parties want to manage it).

The wife waiting through months of silence for a war letter she hopes hubby sends back from the trenches in Alsace isn't a thing these days. More like you just get home, stand the phone up and talk to each other for an hour while you cook/eat dinner in different states. Zucker has plenty of money to arrange visits when the schedule permits. Plus, she's probably in a peer group where everyone's used to the husbands being away most of the time.
I'm not concerned about the family situation as I don't think this scenario is all that unique when it comes to sports teams and athletes. I just wanted a fairer deal so to speak, But I am very happy that neither Poulin or Legare were included.

P10p

May 15, 2012
No one is going to tell these Pens fans the truth? Zucker has been wildly inconsistent and ineffective outside of his 1 season stapled to Zucker and Granlund.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I seriously doubt the Minnesota is his “forever home” quote is anything worth giving much energy.

My forever home is in western PA but I don’t live there anymore and won’t be moving back probably ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad