Recalled/Assigned: Zucker recalled

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
crap! now what are we going to blame it on if we don't win. :/

Happy though. kid line kid line kid line. except granny isn't all that good defensively and yeo doesn't trust zucker as far as he can throw rupp.
Yeo needs to get over his inherent mis-trust of all rookies and put the best team on the ice. His snap decisions to sit rookies or demote them in favor of under performing veterans who haven't done squat makes me not trust Yeo.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
was going to knee-jerk dismiss those lines as rubbish as IMO Pommer has looked better than Coyle on the top line, but very interested to see if Bouchard and Pommer can get something going together.
If the rookies are going to be put together i would sure prefer Pominville be with them but i will take it either way. I just hope Pominville doesn't disappear into the Brodziak abyss.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't think this is punishment for Pommer so much as it is an attempt to spread out the dangerous players. Coyle is still new--and despite what people say he looks it every other shift. He's not going to give many people anything to worry about running around on a third line but theoretically Pommer can go. Zucker with his speed has proven he can at least threaten to score a couple times a game without much help so I think throwing him in with a speed, physical guy like Seto and a controller type with Granlund might pay off, though Granny is new like Coyle so not sure how well he's going to handle being the brains on that line.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
According the Russo (Blount), the lines for tomorrow are stetting up this way:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard- Brodziak - Pominville
Rupp - Mitchell - Clutterbuck

If this is what we go with I'll be happy with that. The only change I would make is maybe swap Seto and Pommer. Seto has been invisible without Cullen. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing PMB scratched, he doesn't really bring anything valuable. Especially on the 3rd line.

Wohooo! Post #1k!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
According the Russo (Blount), the lines for tomorrow are stetting up this way:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard- Brodziak - Pominville
Rupp - Mitchell - Clutterbuck

Honestly if we're going to do something like this i think we should just put Clutterbuck in the press box and roll with the usual 4th if at all possible. Our 4th line is the only line that has stayed intact over the last few weeks and despite its lack of scoring, it has the ability to entrench itself into the opponents zone and make mischief, which is something the other three lines have been lacking. Clutterbuck honestly adds nothing to that line and in fact probably subtracts because of his style of play (mainly playing the hit as opposed to the puck).

And now with the possiblity of Cullen coming back in a few games, I think we should consider benching Brodz as well and rolling with something like this:

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Seto
Butch-Cullen-Pommer
Usual 4th.

Thats potentially 3 scoring lines and a puck control line.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Ummm ok, but the line in question was ZUCKER-CULLEN-SETO ..... so no PMB to begin with.

And Granny needs more time in AHL
Uhmm ok, you do realize that PMB is on the 3rd line so yes there is still PMB to begin with. Obviously Cullen is going back to the 2nd line there Cpt Obvious but that doesn't mean that Granlund has to be sent back to Houston. :shakehead

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Uhmm ok, you do realize that PMB is on the 3rd line so yes there is still PMB to begin with. Obviously Cullen is going back to the 2nd line there Cpt Obvious but that doesn't mean that Granlund has to be sent back to Houston. :shakehead

You started the confusion by quoting my 2nd line post, but apparently you were talking about the 3rd line....

And Granlund should go back down because he is not valuable yet in the NHL, he has more importance to the Wild in the AHL.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
@Jason_Zucker16
nothing like getting a warm welcome from the Minnesota snow! Happy to be back in the State of Hockey! #mnwild

tumblr_mfffkwtmb81qdo0goo1_400.gif

10dynasty38*

I was hoping the team would do something to breathe some life into this ugly dead lifeless bloated carcass. I see a busy off-season. An agenda that should include riding the team of some dead weight. Brodziak, Heatley, Bouchard and maybe even Clutterbuck.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
It is amazing to see a rookie be called upon as savior.

Brodin, Coyle, Granlund, Zucker: that's a lot of rookies.

It says a lot when they are some of your better players as well.

Flahr forever!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad