Zucker gets a stick stuck in BOTH of his skates

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A few questions:

How did they get it out?

Did they get it out before he went back to the bench?

Did they have to stop play?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Happened about 100 feet in front of me. Hilarious. Funnier yet Connor Murphy then moved to receive a pass in the low slot with no stick, and that's exactly when the referee decided to blow the whistle. Murphy just turned to the ref with body language saying, "What, NOW you blow the whistle?"

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
A few questions:

How did they get it out?

Did they get it out before he went back to the bench?

Did they have to stop play?
I have no idea but I would think precedent is set by someone who loses a blade. They're on their own and have to make it back to the bench - no whistle. If I was a ref or linesman I wouldn't help him at all - I'd want the comedy to unfold before my eyes.

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
LargeElderlyAmericansaddlebred.gif

Gotta also love Murphy's reaction when he notices what happened.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I literally have tears in my eyes and I can't breathe. That may be the funniest things I've ever seen happen in a hockey game.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
LOL hilarious. Would have loved to see Connor Murphy to carry him up like a Neanderthal carrying back a the prize of his hunt.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
LOL hilarious. Would have loved to see Connor Murphy to carry him up like a Neanderthal carrying back a the prize of his hunt.

I would have liked to seen him somehow wind up and take a slap shot with Zucker still entangled.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
The best part is that Zucker made a perfect behind the net pass using someone else's stick that was stuck in both his skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad