Value of: Zucker for Brassard?

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
Wild up against the cap after the signing of Dumba. Probably can't squeeze Zucker in. Pens have a plethora of centers after the signing of Grant. Wild a bit short at the center position. Brassard probably looking for $6m plus on a long-term deal. Pens can't do that for a 3rd line center. Brassard just $3m right now and squeezes right in under the cap for the Wild.

Thought process here is you can go Jake/Crosby/Sprong, Zucker/Malkin/Hornqvist, Hagelin/Sheahan/Kessel, Cullen/Grant/Rust

PIT trades Derick Brassard to Wild for Jason Zucker

Zucker takes a slight discount and agrees to 5 years, $23.5m

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, no. Zucker is younger, better, a RFA and Minnesota has the cap space to sign him.

Even worse, just saw you think Zucker will sign with Pittsburgh for $4.7m average. Minnesota is expecting in that $5-6m range.

@Bazeek you were right about the cap thing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Wild have 7M space to sign Zucker. Also not sure how we can fit Brassard in at 6M but can’t fit Zucker.

Also not sure why Zucker would take a slight discount with Pittsburgh but not Minnesota. Also LOL if you think he’ll sign under 5M.

Wild also not looking to get older.

Really poorly thought out proposal.

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah, no. Zucker is younger, better, a RFA and Minnesota has the cap space to sign him.

Even worse, just saw you think Zucker will sign with Pittsburgh for $4.7m average. Minnesota is expecting in that $5-6m range.

@Bazeek you were right about the cap thing.

Centers are more valuable than wingers and the Wild don't have any centers. The Penguins have a better shot at winning the cup than the Wild so you take less money

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Centers are more valuable than wingers and the Wild don't have any centers. The Penguins have a better shot at winning the cup than the Wild so you take less money

That’s not how any of this works

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
The Wild have 7M space to sign Zucker. Also not sure how we can fit Brassard in at 6M but can’t fit Zucker.

Also not sure why Zucker would take a slight discount with Pittsburgh but not Minnesota. Also LOL if you think he’ll sign under 5M.

Wild also not looking to get older.

Really poorly thought out proposal.

Let's say you resign Brassard at $6m that kicks in next year. He counts just $3m this year. The Wild are $5.6m under the cap right now and if you sign him to $5.5-6m you don't have any wiggle room. And your centers are still poop.

This gives you $2.6m in cap room

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Let's say you resign Brassard at $6m that kicks in next year. He counts just $3m this year. The Wild are $5.6m under the cap right now and if you sign him to $5.5-6m you don't have any wiggle room. And your centers are still poop.

We don’t need 2.6M in cap room and I’d rather sign Zucker to 6M than Brassard. Zucker is 4 years younger, and our centers are Staal, Koivu and Eriksson Ek. We don’t need to pay Brassard 6M to play 3C either.

Reactions: Plickspect

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
That’s not how any of this works

That's exactly how it works. Potential counts for something. But Brassard is still in the prime of his career. So he doesn't get discounted for being old. Zucker is what he is there's no potential to be untapped.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's exactly how it works. Potential counts for something. But Brassard is still in the prime of his career. So he doesn't get discounted for being old. Zucker is what he is there's no potential to be untapped.

Yeah if that’s the case I’ll take the 26 year old 30 goal, 60 point scorer over the 30 year old 45 point scorer.

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
We don’t need 2.6M in cap room and I’d rather sign Zucker to 6M than Brassard. Zucker is 4 years younger, and our centers are Staal, Koivu and Eriksson Ek. We don’t need to pay Brassard 6M to play 3C either.

Koivu is on the downside. He'd play 3C. And Brassard is a solid 1st/2nd line center as is Staal. Eriksson Ek would slide into left wing

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Is Capfriendly really that hard to figure out?

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah if that’s the case I’ll take the 26 year old 30 goal, 60 point scorer over the 30 year old 45 point scorer.

Opportunity. Minutes. Not playing with Conor Sheary mucking up the play when he's not falling over his own skates. Brassard is still a 60 pt center if he gets minutes and isn't playing with a darsh

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Opportunity. Minutes. Not playing with Conor Sheary mucking up the play when he's not falling over his own skates. Brassard is still a 60 pt center if he gets minutes and isn't playing with a darsh

Okay I’ll just say no thanks because clearly discussing the reasons why no Wild fan will like this isn’t going to get through to you.

So no thanks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My first impression is that this is bad for Minnesota, even with Zucker not being under contract right now. I don't think Brassard is an upgrade on what the Wild have at center already, and a signed Zucker has more value than Brassard has.

Reactions: TaLoN

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

while true, a 33g/64pt 26 year old LW is still >> a 21g/46pt 31 year old C

also after seeing the stupid money given to guys like Kane and JVR why is Zucker taking 2.5 less coming off a career year better than either guy has had?

just doesnt make sense.

Brassard, Sprong, maybe even add a 2nd or 3rd. now we are getting somewhere

Reactions: Plickspect

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Staal, Koivu, Coyle, Eriksson Ek, hell even Kunin. You’re right, no centers here.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you

also after seeing the stupid money given to guys like Kane and JVR why is Zucker taking 2.5 less coming off a career year better than either guy has had?

just doesnt make sense.

which i believe the pens would decline.

sorry the proposal is awful i love brassard and yes centers are more valuable, but not that much more.

i will help you out even more wild fans and take Dumba off your hands for jack johnson :help::sarcasm::popcorn::sarcasm::naughty::sarcasm::huh::sarcasm::sarcasm::thumbu:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
no, thank you. I'd rather just dick around with our centers and find some combo of Coyle, Koivu, Kunin, Eriksson Ek to operate in #2 and #3 C positions. And keep Zucker.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

just doesnt make sense.

He's definitely not taking $4.5M. However, Kane and JVR aren't really fair comparables since they were UFAs. Although, their production and contract should be taken into consideration for the UFA years that this contract will eat up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->