tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
ZuckerGoal217.gif

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
i'm actually shocked someone hasn't started a "Jason Zucker: next ___________" yet because fans are really that dumb.

or is that what's on the main board? i'm afraid to look.

Zucker is the next Cammalleri..I've been saying it for awhile :).

But seriously..if your ever bored and want to compare their careers it is scarily similar in terms of path to the NHL and production.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Larsson probably won't stick this year due to the numbers game but he could easily slot in on that 3rd line and be effective for us the rest of the season.

I'm content letting him play top line and all minutes in Houston though to work on that offensive game. He is going to be a great top 9 player for the Wild down the road.

As for Zucker I think he's shown he deserves to be here. Lets see what he does with a handful of games before we make final judgement calls though. If he continues to impress its bye bye to PMB or Setoguchi. Otherwise Granlund goes to Houston...

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm afraid many are setting themselves for a dissapointment. Just don't expect too much from Zucker. He is complimentary player like Seto not a catalyst in a line.

651*

Larsson probably won't stick this year due to the numbers game but he could easily slot in on that 3rd line and be effective for us the rest of the season.

I'm content letting him play top line and all minutes in Houston though to work on that offensive game. He is going to be a great top 9 player for the Wild down the road.

As for Zucker I think he's shown he deserves to be here. Lets see what he does with a handful of games before we make final judgement calls though. If he continues to impress its bye bye to PMB or Setoguchi. Otherwise Granlund goes to Houston...

I'm afraid many are setting themselves for a dissapointment. Just don't expect too much from Zucker. He is complimentary player like Seto not a catalyst in a line.

Yes. People have to remember he played 6-7 games last year and didn't post a score.

Let's wait.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yes. People have to remember he played 6-7 games last year and didn't post a score.

Let's wait.

Big difference is that last year he was making a jump from college to the NHL. This year he's got 45 games in the AHL to get closer upto speed.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Big difference is that last year he was making a jump from college to the NHL. This year he's got 45 games in the AHL to get closer upto speed.
Well, he's faster and A LOT stronger than with his brief time w/ the Wild last year. No comparison.

With that said, Robbie Earl scored a couple Wild goals identical to Zucker's last night.....so we'll see how he does after a few games. I'm very optomistic though and think all of these kids are gonna contribute. They also have a great mentor in Parise.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Well, he's faster and A LOT stronger than with his brief time w/ the Wild last year. No comparison.

With that said, Robbie Earl scored a couple Wild goals identical to Zucker's last night.....so we'll see how he does after a few games. I'm very optomistic though and think all of these kids are gonna contribute. They also have a great mentor in Parise.

I agree that we should not get overly excited but using Robbie Earl as an example is a bad choice. Don't think I ever saw Earl skate end-to-end and score, and play with extreme speed and tenacity.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

Let's wait.

I remeber that he almost netted one in his last? game last season? But didnt get credit for it because the puck went via a defender and not his stick..

Not that it counts, but he was close..

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Robbie Earl was also a 6 year pro and 26 years old in his stint as a Wild. Terrible comparison.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Comparing Zucker to Earl is silly. It's like comparing a ripe juicy apple of whatever to a freakin shriveled peanut. Yes, that's right, Earl was a shriveled peanut. Best comparison I can think of for him is Warren f'in Peters who was a piece of lint.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Zucker - stay up here now. Best looking forward prospect we've seen this year. Second line winger. I like him with speedy players, that can cause a lot of problems for the other team.

Larsson - nice debut, not too flashy, would like to see him stay in Houston until his offensive game grows.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
The thing I liked about Larsson was the hits he threw. It looks like he was only credited with 2 but I thought there were a couple more...and they were hard hits.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Zucker - stay up here now. Best looking forward prospect we've seen this year. Second line winger. I like him with speedy players, that can cause a lot of problems for the other team.

Larsson - nice debut, not too flashy, would like to see him stay in Houston until his offensive game grows.

I agree with this.

Maybe we can swing a trade in the next month or so that would open up a top 6 spot for him, because he did look pretty good, but for now he would develop better in Houston getting more minutes. We don't need Yeo experimenting with him centering the 4th line;)

I wouldn't mind us trying out Seto or Zucker on that top line. Yes, yes Heatley, 3rd on the team in points, I get it.

Heatley doesn't have great chemistry with either Parise or Koivu, and moves about as fast as a piling. With someone like Parise it would be cool to see a capable winger that can keep up with him. I don't mind Koivu bringing up the rear, but we can't have someone coming in behind Koivu....

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I agree with this.

Maybe we can swing a trade in the next month or so that would open up a top 6 spot for him, because he did look pretty good, but for now he would develop better in Houston getting more minutes. We don't need Yeo experimenting with him centering the 4th line;)

I wouldn't mind us trying out Seto or Zucker on that top line. Yes, yes Heatley, 3rd on the team in points, I get it.

Heatley doesn't have great chemistry with either Parise or Koivu, and moves about as fast as a piling. With someone like Parise it would be cool to see a capable winger that can keep up with him. I don't mind Koivu bringing up the rear, but we can't have someone coming in behind Koivu....

I've been banging the Parise-Koivu-Zucker line drum pretty much all season. I think Zucker's speed, knack for goal scoring and tenaciousness would compliment Parise and Koivu's all around game very well. I think that line would just be hell to line up against.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota

Everyone can rip on Heatley but Mikko isn't that fast either...that line is still successful on entries coming into the zone and once they gain zone possession they are a very good line because of the big bodies of Koivu and Heatley creating space for Parise and also Parise's tenacity to get on loose pucks.

Am I the only one that thinks that line complements each other well?

You take Heatley off that line you might as well scratch him because he won't do anything anywhere else. And there isn't a player that will produce more points on our roster playing with Koivu and Parise on that top line than Heatley. Get over it. Heatley is on our top line to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad