Recalled/Assigned: Zucker and Larsson recalled

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Geesus Zucker is fast... I mean holy ****. Reminds me of Gabby when he felt like playing.

So Zucker did well. He can stay.

Larsson. I liked him! This kid was a little beast along the walls! When he had two Wings on him at one point, he still kept the damned puck, and even got a pass off to I think it was Cullen behind their net... That was so damned pretty.

If these kids are playing this way now, man, I just hope they continue this progression.

I would still like to see a line centered by Larsson of:

Granlund-Larsson-Seto/Zucker

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Gotta love the tragectory Kuemper is on. Improves every year, solid progression you love to see especially in a kid with such great size and athleticism.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I think the best thing about Zucker right now is his attitude/work ethic. He seems like a nice, level-headed guy and by all the statuses in the offseason/pictues he certainly doesn't seem to skimp on the workouts.
Plus you know he's fast and can shoot good and stuff.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I liked both Larsson and Zucker tonight! Larsson so good in every zone. Yeo already confident enough in the kid to have him out there to close out a game with only a one goal lead.

Next game I want Granlund centering Zucker! His crash the net mentality is something the 2nd line was missing!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I liked both Larsson and Zucker tonight! Larsson so good in every zone. Yeo already confident enough in the kid to have him out there to close out a game with only a one goal lead.

Next game I want Granlund centering Zucker! His crash the net mentality is something the 2nd line was missing!

Larsson is going to be one of those guys pundits and opposition coaches talk about as "most underrated" in a couple years. I'm convinced of it. Zucker is flash n' dash and like everyone is saying, a guy we've been missing since Gaborik. Clutter gets one of those lone dashes toward the goal once a game but its just not the same thing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think both kids each had an impressive NHL debut..

Looking at the number of forwards on this roster on one way deals, is it even possible for both of them to stick? If only one can, then it's gotta be Zucker as he adds something this team has been sorely lacking for a while now.

I just hope fans won't jump all over him when he inevitably struggles for a stretch of time, like they have with Granlund.

10dynasty38*

I hope these moves stick. Larsson is a perfect 3rd liner and Zucker seemed to add good chemistry to that 2nd line. I'm liking the youth movement even if this year don't end well. Atleast the players of the future will get comfortable in the lineup for next year.

All we need to do now is somehow get something for PMB and Cullen and maybe get a 2nd pairing D man and will be set for next year.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Good game by both players. Zucker's value is pretty apparent, so not much to say there.

As for Larsson, he will definitely be an effective NHLer, but it's hard to tell his ceiling. He has a lot of traits that make he easily translate to the NHL: good on the boards, good positioning, good effort, good hockey mind, decent skills, decent vision. But whether he is just a good 3rd liner, or that fantastic "glue" guy who can play any position in the top-9 and also adds something no matter who he plays with, is yet to be seen. Excited to watch his development

All and all, it's nice to know that we can phase out Bouchard, Cullen, Heatley, and possibly Setoguchi/Clutterbuck and keep moving forward.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think Cully is retiring after this year and he isn't going to waive his NTC.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
i think Cully is retiring after this year and he isn't going to waive his NTC.

I agree that Cullen will retire after the season and ain't gettting traded this season either. That's because the Wild still value him unlike many fans. He is the consumate "team player" and adds something on and off the ice in terms of veteran leadership...and he does have that Stanley Cup ring.

With Fletcher, it's all about character. You can see it with the players on the team and the prospects they are drafting.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
As for Larsson, he will definitely be an effective NHLer, but it's hard to tell his ceiling. He has a lot of traits that make he easily translate to the NHL: good on the boards, good positioning, good effort, good hockey mind, decent skills, decent vision. But whether he is just a good 3rd liner, or that fantastic "glue" guy who can play any position in the top-9 and also adds something no matter who he plays with, is yet to be seen. Excited to watch his development.

Larsson reminds me so much of early Koivu its scary. And Koivu was three years older when he broke into the league.

Last edited:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I didn't see a whole lot of offense from Larsson last night. I may have missed it, but I didn't see any. There was one time when he looked a little hesitant bringing it in to the o-zone. I did see him make some nice defensive plays though. Its these guys debuts, so you cant be too harsh I understand. They are only 20!! :yo:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Zucker played 6-7 NHL games at the end of last year.

I'm aware of that, but a couple of games thrown at him last season just to get a taste don't really count in my book. At the very least, this was his SEASON debut.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Good game by both players. Zucker's value is pretty apparent, so not much to say there.

As for Larsson, he will definitely be an effective NHLer, but it's hard to tell his ceiling. He has a lot of traits that make he easily translate to the NHL: good on the boards, good positioning, good effort, good hockey mind, decent skills, decent vision. But whether he is just a good 3rd liner, or that fantastic "glue" guy who can play any position in the top-9 and also adds something no matter who he plays with, is yet to be seen. Excited to watch his development

All and all, it's nice to know that we can phase out Bouchard, Cullen, Heatley, and possibly Setoguchi/Clutterbuck and keep moving forward.

Larsson showed higher skill than just a 3C to me. If he continues to develop, which I don't see how he couldn't, I think he might grow into a strong 2C.

hokijanari

Feb 4, 2013
Larsson showed higher skill than just a 3C to me. If he continues to develop, which I don't see how he couldn't, I think he might grow into a strong 2C.
Personally I haven't seen the offensive side of the game yet to be a 2C in the NHL. But maybe he'll get there.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Larsson would be the ideal successor to Koivu. In fact, I always thought MG as more Saku than Mikko Koivu. Larsson definitely is made of the same mold than Mikko Koivu. I know it's too early to start calling him the Kaptain's successor after 1 game though. Let him develop, and I wouldn't mind if he gets some more AHL time.

Zucker stays though. He needs to, not because he needs the team but because the team needs him. :laugh:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Personally I haven't seen the offensive side of the game yet to be a 2C in the NHL. But maybe he'll get there.

Well, he can always be the "3rd man" of the line who is never out of position, always there when needed and does the invisible work. Every line needs that kind of guy.

Besides, we can plant two more offensive-orientated guys like Lucia and Phillips to his wings then. It's too early to tell yet, because we don't even know if he makes the NHL permanently this year, next year or ever. Same goes for basically every other prospect as well.

However, if he does, I see him as mid-range 2C or elite/great 3C. It all depends on our center depth and where the Wild want to use him. But that's more relevant to the future line combo -thread than here.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
There's a reason our prospect pool is amongst the best in the league and these two guys are a huge part of it. Happy to see them both meeting my expectations and hopefully they continue to develop their games and become even more important.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Putting up .55 PPG as a 20 year old is pretty dang good. Koivu was 22-23 his lone season in the AHL and put up a .7 PPG. The offense is going to come. He'll probably never be a point per game guy, but a .75 - .85 ppg guys is fairly reasonable expectation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad