Zuccarello top 5 backhand passer in the nhl?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Hmm, I don't know about top 5 backhand passer, but I'd definitely put him in the top 5 backhand passer while moving to his right during a day game category.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Datsyuk is as good at passing with his backhand as his forehand.

Aceonfire*

Draisaitl is top 5 already imo. He almost exclusively passes with his backhand.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Datsyuk, Backstrom, Zetterberg and Thornton are up there. Zuccarello is an underrated passer though.

I would imagine Henrik and Daniel Sedin probably occupy 2/5 of those spots as well

Really hard to quantify who is the best "backhand passer" though.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Datsyuk, Backstrom, Zetterberg and Thornton are up there. Zuccarello is an underrated passer though.

Datsyuk is as good at passing with his backhand as his forehand.

Agree with these as well as the Sedins. I rarely notice if Thornton's passes are backhand or forehand bc he does both equally well. I think many of his no-look between the leg passes are backhand, though.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I would imagine Henrik and Daniel Sedin probably occupy 2/5 of those spots as well

Really hard to quantify who is the best "backhand passer" though.

I remember one of the twins sending a backhand saucer pass about 8 feet in the air straight to the other twin's tape.

Also this one against my team

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
He's a pretty underrated player overall and his backhand passing is definitely up there with some other great players. But I still think there are some better guys out there that have already been mentioned in this thread. Btw I think the first video you posted he was just trying to throw it towards the net, unless he somehow knew he could make it through two opposing players feet and sticks. This reminded me of some slick Datsyuk passes though

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
LOL it just never ends with you guys.

I don't know if I'd say top 5 currently, but its painfully obvious that people don't watch him on this board yet love to respond to posts about him. He uses a very long blade because of how often he uses his backhand pass, which is a thing of beauty. It really is one of his best attributes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad