Proposal: Zuccarello to the Oilers

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Chiarelli has made some questionable moves, granted.

This one would take the cake though.....

The sense is you're actually trolling here though....

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It make no sense Rangers is not in a position to move a defender, and Oilers pay too much future for it concerning value.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
It make no sense Rangers is not in a position to move a defender, and Oilers pay too much future for it concerning value.

I mean, yeah...we don't want to move Pionk, you're right, but we get Bear in return? IDK much about him and I love Pionk, along with some Rangers fans, but couldn't they basically be a wash? So a 1st, 2nd, and a guy like Cagguila for Zuc is great.

For the record, I do not want to trade Zuc at all. The dude is the heart and soul that the Rangers need, just in a 5'10" frame (and I think that's being generous to Norway).

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It sounds a lot as well for Oilers, but it`s more likely a playoffs team in this new season - especially if they sign Zucc and contend. But their GM know they can`t afford to resign him so it`s not worth it for Oilers for one run at the cup since they have very limited cap space based on expensive contracts in that Franchise.

EDMONTON OILERS

edmonton_oilers.svg

PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $78,721,166

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $778,834

So ideally for Rangers is to trade him with a franchise who are ranked far below on the table in this new season like Ottawa - which means better 1st pick in 2019 summer draft. :)

They can`t even afford to sign Zucc with 50% retained so that is that close topic, lol.

And Milan Lucic come to mind 6 mil $ until 2020-21 season a good example of a bad contract which they almost need to move so they can get some cap space for future.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Dude..

As a Rangers fan whose very high on Pionk..

It’s a no brainer in our favor.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not interested in Zucc is the slightest

That’s a shame because he’s a hell of a two-way forward.

If it’s because of price, then I respect your position here. But if it’s because of the player, then it’s safe to say you can’t fathom how valuable Zucc is.

What I will say in confidence is, the Oilers shouldn’t be moving assets for a player that can walk in a year. Zucc would be a better fit on a legit contender who’s “All In”, opposed to a young team like the Oilers.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I mean, yeah...we don't want to move Pionk, you're right, but we get Bear in return? IDK much about him and I love Pionk, along with some Rangers fans, but couldn't they basically be a wash? So a 1st, 2nd, and a guy like Cagguila for Zuc is great.

For the record, I do not want to trade Zuc at all. The dude is the heart and soul that the Rangers need, just in a 5'10" frame (and I think that's being generous to Norway).

Yeah that's way too generous he's like 5'6

Reactions: phillyb

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Dude..

As a Rangers fan whose very high on Pionk..

It’s a no brainer in our favor.

Yes, but if you read my post below - Oilers can`t resign him unless they move a relative large contract like Milan Lucic.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
:edmonton
Zuccarello, Mats ($2,250,000 - 50% retained)
Pionk, Neal ($925,000)

:rangers
2019 1st round pick (EDM)
2019 2nd round pick (EDM)
Bear, Ethan ($720,000)
Caggiula, Drake ($1,500,000)
Take out Pionk/Bear/Caggiula and I’ll do it

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well... this was about what I expected.

Thanks to the Ranger fans who are calling out this trade as a tad lopsided. It's appreciated.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oil don't want to pay, esp for rental, so forget Zuc
We have other destinations for him.

Pionk would be terrif add for them, but they want a bargain for a useful asset. Have to cough up best market offer worth profit to NYR or no way.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I don't like the move for either team to be honest. Yes Zuccarello will be moved possibly by the deadline but I think a team like Colorado or Florida would be a better fit.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
If you take out the most valuable piece of this trade (2019 1st EDM) you should have decent value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->