Proposal: Zuccarello to Carolina

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Adam Fox and Carolinas 1st (conditional as the OP stated). They risk losing Fox for nothing anyways

So we should just give him to you? :laugh:

This is an absurdly high price to pay for a player who’s not a fit. We’re set at rw and we won’t be acquiring high-profile guys at the deadline anyway.

Fox was a big part of the trade with Calgary and management is confident they can sign him.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
No point in coming up with trades for him we all know that he is going to sign for Tampa and join the Tampa rangers like the majority of the other players have.:laugh:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
So we should just give him to you? :laugh:

This is an absurdly high price to pay for a player who’s not a fit. We’re set at rw and we won’t be acquiring high-profile guys at the deadline anyway.

Fox was a big part of the trade with Calgary and management is confident they can sign him.
I'm not saying the Canes should/would make that trade, but Zucc is the kind of guy the Canes fans would love. Zucc would be an upgrade to Teravainen, who hasn't been very good. I think Aho would love playing with Zucc.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I'm not saying the Canes should/would make that trade, but Zucc is the kind of guy the Canes fans would love. Zucc would be an upgrade to Teravainen, who hasn't been very good. I think Aho would love playing with Zucc.

I have really hard time seeing how Zuccarello would be an upgrade over Teuvo, not to mention the chemistry these two countrymen have.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I have really hard time seeing how Zuccarello would be an upgrade over Teuvo, not to mention the chemistry these two countrymen have.
I'm not seeing the chemistry this season. TT has been a passenger.
I appreciate that you are a TT fan, but my guess is you don't get to see Zucc play very often.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I like Zuccarello as an option. Carolina has to decide in which direction they want to go.

Rask: what will his role be? 3rd or 4th line center? How confident are we he can adequately grip the stick
Necss: is he coming back?

The Canes need a center for Svech. And we also need a RW for Necas. If we expect Rask back then Necas can be Rask’s or Wallmark’s RW.

I like Zucc but a decently skilled center solves our issues more.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
And we’re supposed to believe that you, a rangers fan, watch enough canes games to accurately deduce that TT and Aho don’t have good chemistry together?
I live in Cary and have watched every Canes game this year. I am a fan of the team.

I know that they have had chemistry in the past, but I'm not seeing it yet this year. Are you seeing it differently? TT has been mostly invisible.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But if you get an unconditional first from a team that is drafting in the last 5 or 6 of the first round, is that a win vs. a middle of the pack team that is taking a shot and will give you any pick as long as it doesn't fall in the lottery? I don't see how any decent GM who isn't rock solid sure he's not in the lottery diesn't put some sort of protection in place. I mean the Ottawa thing is literally unfolding before our eyes. You don't have to go back twenty years to learn this lesson.

consider bird in the hand v....

unconditional is certain this year
conditional means a 1st in a later, presumably following yr or other compensation in lieu of.

take the highest pick offered this year
competition at all ends

compete to team of value of surrendering pick for help now competing w/value of no help now but future growth

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
But if you get an unconditional first from a team that is drafting in the last 5 or 6 of the first round, is that a win vs. a middle of the pack team that is taking a shot and will give you any pick as long as it doesn't fall in the lottery? I don't see how any decent GM who isn't rock solid sure he's not in the lottery diesn't put some sort of protection in place. I mean the Ottawa thing is literally unfolding before our eyes. You don't have to go back twenty years to learn this lesson.

If the Canes feel that Zuccarello is a piece that puts them in at the playoffs, then being in the lottery shouldn't be an issue. And its not the Rangers problem whether the Canes make it or not. With every deal there is risk. You don't get to improve your team without taking one.

Regardless, I believe there will be better offers than the OP.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
And we’re supposed to believe that you, a rangers fan, watch enough canes games to accurately deduce that TT and Aho don’t have good chemistry together?

I live in Cary and have watched every Canes game this year. I am a fan of the team.

I know that they have had chemistry in the past, but I'm not seeing it yet this year. Are you seeing it differently? TT has been mostly invisible.

Well, he sure told you...

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yeah, I don't like to speak in absolutes, but based on past history, I'd have to believe that Zuccarello would return something better than the deal that Boston made for Nash.

I just fail to see Carolina as the fit, right now. If things change as the season rolls on, then all bets could be off.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
If we are talking strictly value, there is no reason for Rangers to trade Zuuc now if the return isn`t better than at TDL.
But there are a couple of scenarios they still may want to trade him now.
- Better chance of drafting Hughes or Kakko
- Use the return in a package for Panarin.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
One the one hand, my impression is that Turbo could easily switch to the left side if we picked up a legit top 6 RW. But I think Ole Gil nailed it in his post below. Zucc is a 31yo pending UFA, so he'd likely be a less than 1 year rental for the Canes. I don't see Canes giving up valuable futures for that at this point in the season. Things might look different at the deadline depending on where the Canes are positioned.

Good value, but I think the canes are still looking for long term additions to the forward core before they start giving out 1sts for rentals.

Last edited:

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Make the conditional 1st a non conditional 1st, add a B level prospect and you have yourself a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->