Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There is no clear diagnosis for concussions. He'll be healthy when he's healthy, whenever that is. The bratty/childish demands to know information that just isn't there is silly.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Newsday article said they spoke with players who have spoken with Zooks. Zooks spent the night in the hospital after game 5. This article was as direct a source as we have had so far in this process. The players said Zooks is in good spirits and just waiting it out (aka resting/healing).

So the Rangers players who spoke with Zooks and Zooks friend in Norway who speaks with Zooks all said basically the same thing. In good spirits at home resting.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
There is no clear diagnosis for concussions. He'll be healthy when he's healthy, whenever that is. The bratty/childish demands to know information that just isn't there is silly.

That is what I have said all along. Nobody knows a for sure timetable. It is a process. You monitor the symptoms and rest.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Lol so an article that is nothing more than a fluff piece is now used as gospel because it suits people's world view? Too funny!

Good to hear he's doing well from what it seems, but I wouldn't look too deeply into anything said in the article; as it's nothing new. They're just repeating the information they have on hand which is the same information from a week ago. Every article states the one night thing because one of the only facts that's been revealed is that he was there at least one night (from the Brooks article, which is what every publication I've seen since has relied on). I'm not sure they've ever confirmed one way or the other whether it was just one night. But since they know at least that much, and that's what been said, that's what keeps getting repeated. Is it true it was only one night? Quite possible. But I'm still not sure anyone knows that for certain at this point. In regards to this article, not a doubt in my mind they're just repeating the information on hand they already had, with nothing new whatsoever.

The worst thing for you and a few others that dominate this thread is actual reputable news sources reporting on Zucc. As information comes out, the audience who will believe the **** thrown at the wall via ridiculous "sources" will dwindle away.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
He just retweeted a tweet about a Norwegian reality tvshow about a hockey team in Norway, but the tweet is now deleted..

Could mean he's allowed to be more "normal" these days..

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He just retweeted a tweet about a Norwegian reality tvshow about a hockey team in Norway, but the tweet is now deleted..

Could mean he's allowed to be more "normal" these days..

My hope is that if he is personally looking at the computer and TV that he is doing better overall. I know it must be hard on him not to be able to help his team, teammates, and friends right now.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
The worst thing for you and a few others that dominate this thread is actual reputable news sources reporting on Zucc. As information comes out, the audience who will believe the **** thrown at the wall via ridiculous "sources" will dwindle away.

Lol You act as if I have a personal stake. You want to assume so much yet know so little of the details.

I want Zucc better and I want things to not be that serious. At this time there really doesn't appear to be anything all that serious anymore, and he's just recovering now from his concussive symptoms. That's a good thing. The part you're failing to see is that there hasn't been any actual information whatsoever on what was or wasn't present in the beginning. Nothing at all that refutes some of the rumors. Now granted, some rumors were never really valid to begin with, such as broken jaw, fractured skull and the thing about not knowing his own name; though I don't recall anyone ever saying that (there were insinuations he had trouble with his speech - i.e. saying his name; not whether he knew it).

What you don't get is that some of you so badly want to attack and discredit me and others and can't wait to latch onto anything that allows you to do so; it seems. But none of these articles have anything new on the actual details. Do you not see that? Do you not realize that neither he, the team or anyone else has given almost anything on the record? Some things have leaked out, such as his being in the hospital for at least one night and that he has a concussion. But that literally is all the facts. Where did the puck hit? Were there in fact any complications other than the concussion initially? Was he in the hospital possibly for more than one night? The fact is NONE of these questions have actual firm answers. Not one of them. You may want to pretend they do but they don't. Why? Because no one has given it. Because there has been as tight a lid as you can have with such an injury. Only generic details have been given. Just because a friend says he has a concussion doesn't mean that's the only thing that had ailed him. It means we know that he at the least ails from it. If certain details were told to keep hidden, they'll be kept hidden. So just because a friend knows he has a concussion doesn't mean the friend knows everything; nor that he revealed everything he knew.

This all has had an incredibly tight lid on it. So much is unknown and we may never know the truth; and if we do I'm sure it won't be for awhile. But the whole 'one night' thing is directly from the Brooks article. It's what every resource has referenced since. That's a fact. Not yet anywhere has someone directly linked stated "he was only in the hospital for one night". Brooks said spent the night in the hospital (I believe he wrote it the next day?). That's one of the only real pieces of information we have gotten. So it's been oft repeated. But that's the source. Are you saying it isn't? Why would you believe otherwise? And again, maybe he was only in the hospital for one night. I for one have never claimed otherwise I don't think; though I wouldn't doubt if it was longer.

But the point is you're latching onto things as proof that aren't proof. And all I ever do is battle logically. If I see flawed logic I call it out. That's all I've pretty much done. And all I'm saying here is that this article gave nothing new in reference to the facts of the injury more than what was known over a week ago. Nothing has changed and nothing more is known. What we do know is that he's at home recovering, he's bored, but in good spirits. That's good to know. But do we have a timeframe? Do we know severity? Do we know if there had been any other complications? Do we know if he's done for the season? Again, we know the answer to none of these things. And for the immediate future; that will probably remain the case.

But stop being so eager to knock me down; as if there's a personal stake somehow. We're all on the same side and all I've done from the start is try and process the details we had best I could, and to inform best I could.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What we do know is that he's at home recovering, he's bored, but in good spirits. That's good to know. But do we have a timeframe? Do we know severity? Do we know if there had been any other complications? Do we know if he's done for the season? Again, we know the answer to none of these things. And for the immediate future; that will probably remain the case.

I think that is actually the point. Nobody knows for sure what the time table for Zooks to heal will be including Zooks and Zooks doctors. Zooks suffered a concussion. There are no exact timetables for concussions. The people that know the most information are Zook's doctors, Zooks, the team, and the people that actually speak to Zooks personally. Not posters on a messageboard.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I think we all can relax now. Based on the last couple of days events, we can pretty much reach a conclusion that he does not have a serious injury. He has a concussion, and it can take 2 weeks or 2 months to heal. Time will show. I don´t need to know more, as long as I know that he will be 100% fine.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I think that is actually the point. Nobody knows for sure what the time table for Zooks to heal will be including Zooks and Zooks doctors. Zooks suffered a concussion. There are no exact timetables for concussions. The people that know the most information are Zook's doctors, Zooks, the team, and the people that actually speak to Zooks personally. Not posters on a messageboard.

Oh I absolutely agree. We could try and guess to oblivion when he might return but it's a futile exercise. I've said that quite a few times. Mostly all I had done in this thread is to get some to realize that it wasn't gonna be game 3, or game 4. And then that it likely won't be next series either. At first, a bunch were hopeful that he was only day to day. Based on information I had received, I wanted to relay that it was almost certainly going to take longer than that. I personally am still under the strong opinion that we won't see him this season. But I've repeatedly said it's not impossible, and that none of us really know; like you said. Until someone comes out with something firm; such as "he's done for the season" or "he's begun skating and he might be available for round blah blah", none of us know and we can only speak our opinions on what we think it might be.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think we all can relax now. Based on the last couple of days events, we can pretty much reach a conclusion that he does not have a serious injury. He has a concussion, and it can take 2 weeks or 2 months to heal. Time will show. I don´t need to know more, as long as I know that he will be 100% fine.

What is your definition of a serious injury? Because a concussion certainly can be depending on the severity.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

Unfortunately with concussions there's no way to know if 100% fine is achievable. And some might consider a moderate to severe concussion to be a serious injury. I guess that's up to the individual.

Wolfy*

One night stand at the hospital? Now give me a break :D

Yeah you can relax, he'll be okay. If you are in Stavanger on June 19th you can even talk to him and get his autograph.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
I can at least relax in the sense that his career (and more importantly his life) don't appear to be in danger. Hopefully he can be back in time for the next round, but concussions are unpredictable. He could be fine tomorrow...or 2 months from now.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Absolutely not. He's a human being and his his rights to privacy just like everyone else. His private health issues are absolutely none of our business. HIPAA exists for a reason.

Yes this.
I'm glad he tweeted earlier about Patrick Thoresen success in Russia - so
it can't be that severe an injury hopefully.
But I don't like concussion in general - it took a while before Nash found himself
after his last concussion.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Oh I absolutely agree. We could try and guess to oblivion when he might return but it's a futile exercise. I've said that quite a few times. Mostly all I had done in this thread is to get some to realize that it wasn't gonna be game 3, or game 4. And then that it likely won't be next series either. At first, a bunch were hopeful that he was only day to day. Based on information I had received, I wanted to relay that it was almost certainly going to take longer than that. I personally am still under the strong opinion that we won't see him this season. But I've repeatedly said it's not impossible, and that none of us really know; like you said. Until someone comes out with something firm; such as "he's done for the season" or "he's begun skating and he might be available for round blah blah", none of us know and we can only speak our opinions on what we think it might be.

I'm glad to read this post. I would hope that everyone could agree on that and stop the bickering.

Wolfy*

I'm glad to read this post. I would hope that everyone could agree on that and stop the bickering.

Thing is that some of us know more than others, and I guess it has been fueling this thread. Like if you are a Norwegian and have contacts within his network and friends there.

Btw, I have a feeling that Zucc is in here as a guest, reading this thread and having a good laugh. But I'm sure he appreciates all the support though ;)

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Btw, I have a feeling that Zucc is in here as a guest, reading this thread and having a good laugh. But I'm sure he appreciates all the support though ;)

Oh not a doubt in my mind that he is. In fact; I've received word that he personally appreciated my avatar :p:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
He was a huge catalyst upfront most of the year, after Zucc there is three young guys and a bunch of players not known for their offense.

Huge loss.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
the loss of Zucc is so beyond devastating to this team. its obvious how much this team needs him...it helps balance out the lineup so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->