Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nicky...you know what I meant.

I want passion. I'm not saying that.

And Messier also lead by example.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think you may have misunderstood me. This team is not the 1980's Oilers or the 1970's Habs that will blow people out of the water. This is a team that if we do win a cup we will have to do it with many close games and close series. So on that type of a team having a Glass/Sheppard play instead of our top 6 winger (Zooks) is a blow. It is not a blow we can not overcome but it is still a blow.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I think you may have misunderstood me. This team is not the 1980's Oilers or the 1970's Habs that will blow people out of the water. This is a team that if we do win a cup we will have to do it with many close games and close series. So on that type of a team having a Glass/Sheppard play instead of our top 6 winger (Zooks) is a blow. It is not a blow we can not overcome but it is still a blow.

Of course it's a blow. He's a good player!

I know the playoffs are tight, but why is the top 6 playing in the same crunch time fashion as they were last year?

And again, I'm not saying this is the issue, but if this team were so hindered by the loss of Zucc, this team would have some serious issues. Far more serious than the loss of what he provides.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

well said and its obvious without zucc and his motor others would have to step up consistently. that just hasn't happened.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Of course it's a blow. He's a good player!

I know the playoffs are tight, but why is the top 6 playing in the same crunch time fashion as they were last year?

And again, I'm not saying this is the issue, but if this team were so hindered by the loss of Zucc, this team would have some serious issues. Far more serious than the loss of what he provides.

I do not think this team has serious issues but we do have issues. Teams that go to the cup finals and win the regular season trophy do not have serious issues. Buffalo and Edmonton have serious issues. I think we have a team with good not great talent that has some problems just like most the teams remaining. We are in a age of parity where we can beat most teams and most teams can beat us as well. The Kings can barely make the playoffs then win the cup twice and then miss the playoffs. That shows how slim a margin teams have nowadays.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
My keys are going to wear out if I type the same letters again.

I really like Zucc, I think he's a fine player, but if the gears are going to fly out without him in the line-up, this team has serious problems.

Slow down Killer, I wasn't disagreeing with you. No one player should be the demise of any team. I was just pointing out the things Zucc brings to the table over and above points.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Zuccarello just liked a photo on Instagram so he's alive which is good.

Doesn't mean anything but first social media interaction I've seen from him.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

That is good news although I figured he might be staying away from things like the TV and computer if he is battling symptoms. Maybe he is better than people think?

Here's some interesting stuff from Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

Google sorry translated...reputation should be rumor :laugh:

https://translate.google.no/transla...-_zuccas_-skade-1.12344767&edit-text=&act=url

Thanks for posting these stories from Norway. We would not see them if you guys did not post them.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Asked what's missing from Rangers with Zuccarello out, Brassard quickly cites Zuccarello's "passion."

member 116805

Since we are speculating:

I think someone hacked his instagram and liked that picture to keep us all quiet.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No worries and I figured I throw in a Slapshot reference for good measure.

All right. At least you don't think I'm McCracken.

hqdefault.jpg

Wolfy*

Great news this evening. Newsday reports that Zuccarello is out of hospital, and is at home resting. Maybe he'll be back sooner than we think :)

Mats Zuccarello, who scored 15 goals and 49 points during the regular season, is resting at home and recovering from the effects of being struck in the head with a shot while battling in front of the Penguins net on April 24. Several players said Tuesday they had spoken to the popular Norwegian winger recently and that he was in relatively good spirits, "just waiting it out."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/rangers-are-missing-mats-zuccarello-1.10390571

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Wait...hes been in the hospital since the injury?? I thought he was there just one night?

Nope.

Before he was injured in Game 5 of the Pittsburgh series at Madison Square Garden and hospitalized for a night, Zuccarello had played just 4:56, but already had three shots on goal, two misses, a hit and a blocked shot. In the previous four games, he had two assists on the power play, 10 shots and nine hits, while playing about 17 minutes a night.

Wolfy*

Article had absolutely nothing new just a fluff piece. Said he spent one night at the hospital. The rest is random quotes about players needing to step up blah blah.

Huh?

Some people still believed he was hospitalized with all kinds of terrible head injuries, this article confirms it's not true.

It also confirms that his health status is okay, relative to the injury. Not serious.

Wait...hes been in the hospital since the injury?? I thought he was there just one night?

Didn't say that, explained what I mean above.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lets put this to bed once and for all.

Before he was injured in Game 5 of the Pittsburgh series at Madison Square Garden and hospitalized for a night, Zuccarello had played just 4:56, but already had three shots on goal, two misses, a hit and a blocked shot. In the previous four games, he had two assists on the power play, 10 shots and nine hits, while playing about 17 minutes a night.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
So you mean the live tweeting about Zucc not knowing his own name from the guy that knew somebody in the hospital wasn't true?! Color me shocked.

Glad to hear he's doing a bit better. Hopefully it's a speedy recovery, but in no way do I hope he rushes himself to get back if his body isn't ready for it.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Lol so an article that is nothing more than a fluff piece is now used as gospel because it suits people's world view? Too funny!

Good to hear he's doing well from what it seems, but I wouldn't look too deeply into anything said in the article; as it's nothing new. They're just repeating the information they have on hand which is the same information from a week ago. Every article states the one night thing because one of the only facts that's been revealed is that he was there at least one night (from the Brooks article, which is what every publication I've seen since has relied on). I'm not sure they've ever confirmed one way or the other whether it was just one night. But since they know at least that much, and that's what been said, that's what keeps getting repeated. Is it true it was only one night? Quite possible. But I'm still not sure anyone knows that for certain at this point. In regards to this article, not a doubt in my mind they're just repeating the information on hand they already had, with nothing new whatsoever.

Last edited:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
The norwegian public broadcaster NRK has sources that Zucc is doing just fine. NRK is not known for throwing out rumors without sources, so this has to be good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad