Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Disagree. He's at worst our 3rd best forward, he's our most creative player, one of our most effective forecheckers, extremely important for the transition game. Hes sorely missed.

Losing him takes away much of Brassard's effectiveness as well. It was a huge loss for the team, terrible luck.

Wolfy*

Well in my opinion his fans deserve to get some information about his health status. Hopefully there will soon be some news from a reliable source.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Losing him takes away much of Brassard's effectiveness as well. It was a huge loss for the team, terrible luck.

I think it hurts Nash more. With Marty on the other wing, Nash can no longer rely on the rw to be the third man back and has to be a lot more active on the backcheck. He has to use more energy on defense and is less often in a position to score.

Marty still has some juice left, but he brings absolutely nothing in terms of defense and boardplay.

Well in my opinion his fans deserve to get some information about his health status. Hopefully there will soon be some news from a reliable source.
His fans should want as little information as possible to reach the public, to prevent players from knowing what to target if he comes back.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I think it hurts Nash more. With Marty on the other wing, Nash can no longer rely on the rw to be the third man back and has to be a lot more active on the backcheck. He has to use more energy on defense and is less often in a position to score.

Marty still has some juice left, but he brings absolutely nothing in terms of defense and boardplay.

His fans should want as little information as possible to reach the public, to prevent players from knowing what to target if he comes back.

Everyone knows that his injury is in the head, and that it is concussion. So the only way to target him when he gets back, if they want him hurt again, is cheap shots to the head.....

Anyways, just have to accept the fact that this will be a secret. Here is an article about this, back in 2008:

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/the-morning-skate-nhls-new-injury-disclosure-policy-draws-heavy-criticism/

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

He took a puck to the head. It would take something special for 100% of everyone not to realize the injury would be located in the head region.

On that note from my experience players are usually pretty good about not hitting where they know people are injured (figters spesificly avoiding a injured shoulder, etc)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
He took a puck to the head. It would take something special for 100% of everyone not to realize the injury would be located in the head region.

On that note from my experience players are usually pretty good about not hitting where they know people are injured (figters spesificly avoiding a injured shoulder, etc)

This is probably more about keeping the opponent in the dark, not to avoid targeting him in the head. If Zucc is ready for round 2 (if they make it there), I guess the Rangers see some advantage in not helping Tampa/Montreal in their game plan....

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Don't know if Linda has an ear to something inside...but someone asked her when Zuccarello might be back, her response was...

@lindacohn: Assume he's out entire postseason.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Don't know if Linda has an ear to something inside...but someone asked her when Zuccarello might be back, her response was...

News at 11!

Pretty sure that's what most of us assume unless we hear otherwise at some point.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I wonder what the excuse mantra will be this summer until half way through the pre-season if we flop in this series.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Absolutely not. He's a human being and his his rights to privacy just like everyone else. His private health issues are absolutely none of our business. HIPAA exists for a reason.

Wolfy*

Absolutely not. He's a human being and his his rights to privacy just like everyone else. His private health issues are absolutely none of our business. HIPAA exists for a reason.

Zucc is the kind of guy who would put something on his twitter account for his fans. He wouldn't care about what the Rangers say, at least if he knows he wont play in the playoffs.

Because yes...it's his own business.

The fact that he's not doing that is what makes me worried. Or maybe he's doing so well that he may actually return for the playoffs ;)

Andrew Gross reported the same thing a few days ago. I believe there are some complications, not just a concussion.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zucc is the kind of guy who would put something on his twitter account for his fans. He wouldn't care about what the Rangers say, at least if he knows he wont play in the playoffs.

Because yes...it's his own business.

I respectfully disagree. Zooks has never gone against our coaches/management publicly especially not on twitter.

Wolfy*

I respectfully disagree. Zooks has never gone against our coaches/management publicly especially not on twitter.

As I said, if he's out of the playoffs I'm pretty sure he'd tell his fans, maybe through his manager. But you got a point about twitter, he's not very active on social media.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

No, we really don't. Do you think that a POS like Wilson wouldn't target Zucc's head if he knew that Zucc had a concussion? Again, this is a business decision. Not sure why people think they are entitled to information that they have no business knowing until the organization decides to let them know.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
As I said, if he's out of the playoffs I'm pretty sure he'd tell his fans, maybe through his manager. But you got a point about twitter, he's not very active on social media.

I honestly do not think Zooks, or the team knows anything for sure at this point in time so its hard to make a definitive statement. I think they all probably hope for the best and are prepared for the worst. Our season did not end last year for around another 7 weeks. I assume that they are treating Zooks as a person first and a player second. They want him to be healthy.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Let me put it this way...

Do you think Ducks or Blackhawks fans would be like "We really miss Zucc!" if their O-game completely dried up, when Zucc had 2 points in the first round? [note: yes, I'm saying if here were on their team]

Once again, I really like Zucc, and I think he's a really good player, but if this team can't score goals now, and IT IS because of Zucc, this team is in some serious trouble!

Footnote: I'm not saying this is the case. I'm referring to a general sentiment that his been rumbling in these parts. And it sounds like the early makings of an excuse for the off-season inter team fan conversations. Let's call a spade a spade alright!

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway

Do you think Ducks or Blackhawks fans would be like "We really miss Zucc!" if their O-game completely dried up, when Zucc had 2 points in the first round? [note: yes, I'm saying if here were on their team]

Once again, I really like Zucc, and I think he's a really good player, but if this team can't score goals now, and IT IS because of Zucc, this team is in some serious trouble!

Footnote: I'm not saying this is the case. I'm referring to a general sentiment that his been rumbling in these parts. And it sounds like the early makings of an excuse for the off-season inter team fan conversations. Let's call a spade a spade alright!

Playoffs are not so much about goals as it is heart. And Zucc`s got maybe the biggest heart of them all. Don`t ever underestimate that.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Playoffs are not so much about goals as it is heart. And Zucc`s got maybe the biggest heart of them all. Don`t ever underestimate that.

Again, I really like Zucc. I think he's a fine player

but, I gagged on this last post.

This is the ****ing NHL. One of the toughest, most violent, and fastest leagues in the world with the longest playoffs.

We don't need Rudy. We need Mark Messier..

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Again, I really like Zucc. I think he's a fine player

but, I gagged on this last post.

This is the ****ing NHL. One of the toughest, most violent, and fastest leagues in the world with the longest playoffs.

We don't need Rudy. We need Mark Messier..

Part if what made Messier Messier is that he had a little "Rudy" in his heart. When guys see their teammates willing to do anything it inspires them to raise their game a little more as well. We can win without Zooks but we need somebody to step up and inspire the team through their actions on the ice.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Part if what made Messier Messier is that he had a little "Rudy" in his heart. When guys see their teammates willing to do anything it inspires them to raise their game a little more as well. We can win without Zooks but we need somebody to step up and inspire the team through their actions on the ice.

Nicky...you know what I meant.

I want passion. I'm not saying that.

And Messier also led by example.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

No excuses but it's not simply the points. He keeps MSL off that line, the biggest plus there is. He is the link between the defense and offensive zone entry, a link the Rangers sorely miss, especially that line because MSL sucks at it. He's a great pk'er, defensive forward and his tenacity helps the team. The Rangers would have 2 very good first lines with him in the lineup.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No excuses but it's not simply the points. He keeps MSL off that line, the biggest plus there is. He is the link between the defense and offensive zone entry, a link the Rangers sorely miss, especially that line because MSL sucks at it. He's a great pk'er, defensive forward and his tenacity helps the team. The Rangers would have 2 very good first lines with him in the lineup.

My keys are going to wear out if I type the same letters again.

I really like Zucc, I think he's a fine player, but if the gears are going to fly out without him in the line-up, this team has serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->