Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Even knowing he's not playing game 3 or 4, do you not think he'd want to be with the team if he was otherwise capable? Especially if it's only a short train ride?

Hank didn't travel most of the time with the team when he was injured. It's not like he wasn't capable, dude was doing tv interviews on talk shows in the mean time.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank didn't travel most of the time with the team when he was injured. It's not like he wasn't capable, dude was doing tv interviews on talk shows in the mean time.

His injury at the start, required him to rest and not travel, or do anything strenuous.

His wife was about to give birth and he had prior committed engagements to promote the Mask show that was all done on days off, while at home (Kelly & Michael, for example)

The Mask shows themselves were shot prior to his injury.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I personally do not believe in guessing about a players brain injury. There are only a handful of possibilities so no I will not be giving any due to any poster guessing about a person's brain injury. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and this situation has much less possibilities. If a poster has personally spoken with Zooks or Zooks doctor than that person can say so. Speculation about a trade rumor or contract is one thing. Speculating about a brain injury is totally different.

I dunno, most of the guessing has been by people thinking he can come back sooner than later. But the ones you seemed to be referencing, have mostly been basing it on what they know; regardless of the proof they can provide. But just because they can't necessarily state it as fact, doesn't mean that they then are in fact guessing. And no, sometimes it's not so easy to as you say "say so".

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

First of all, that's not entirely accurate. Second of all, if you truly want to wage argument that the regular season and the playoffs are equally comparable then I really don't think there's any value in my replying any further.

Wolfy*

Good lord, the speculations continue...

They flew to Washington today, like they fly most everywhere else. On their personal Boeing 737 out of Westchester County Airport.

Isn't that aircraft an Airbus A319 they hire from Delta? I don't remember the callsign, but you can track it online.

Of course Zucc will not travel, a concussion means rest...a lot of it. And the last place he wants to be right now is inside an aircraft with a pressurized cabin, for obvious reasons.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Isn't that aircraft an Airbus A319 they hire from Delta? I don't remember the callsign, but you can track it online.

Their 'own' plane is the Boeing 737, N37NY, but they also have that Airbus A319 from Delta they travel on as well.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I actually think it's somewhat positive that they haven't declared him done for the season as opposed to "indefinitely", though indefinitely could actually be longer.

Really don't like the secrecy in the NHL - injuries should be disclosed like every other major sport. It does a disservice to the fans.

Wolfy*

Their 'own' plane is the Boeing 737, N37NY, but they also have that Airbus A319 from Delta they travel on as well.

Oh yeah you mean this one owned by the Dolan family, also used by the Knicks. This aircraft is 27 years old though.

e7f3bf09189a7c07ef4b30b4a57cb15733ae2675

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They flew to Washington today, like they fly most everywhere else. On their personal Boeing 737 out of Westchester County Airport.

If Zuccarello wasn't injured, or just slightly injured, he would be around the team, at MSG for home games and traveling with them.

Him not traveling by plane or being anywhere else but home and resting, suggests his injury needs time to heal and any of the things mentioned above would be detrimental to him getting better.

Out indefinitely means something significant.

Oh my bad, I could've sworn that they always take the train to Washington.

Whiskers*

The Rangers take the Delta plane about 90% of the time. The NHL, and Nba have a deal with Delta!!

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I personally do not believe in guessing about a players brain injury. There are only a handful of possibilities so no I will not be giving any due to any poster guessing about a person's brain injury. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and this situation has much less possibilities. If a poster has personally spoken with Zooks or Zooks doctor than that person can say so. Speculation about a trade rumor or contract is one thing. Speculating about a brain injury is totally different.

The closest relieable source we have in this, is the statement from his norwegian friend Alexander Bonsaksen, who in an interview said that he talks to him every day, and confirmed that he had a concussion, and he is resting and is very bored, as he still can´t watch any TV etc. According to Bonsaksen Zucc does not know when he is back. It could be soon, and the playoffs could be over for him. There is nothing in his words that states a serious/severe injury. On the contrary, when Zucc says he "is bored", I would guess he is not concerned about his future health.....

So until further is known, I would suggest we stick to this, as it is the closes to "official" you can get.....

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
damn, you can't watch TV in the early stages of a concussion?

You can, but sensitivity to light/sound is a common concussion symptom. Some guys need to sleep all day and night, and be confined to the dark. It can be extremely debilitating/demoralizing depending on how bad it is.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
damn, you can't watch TV in the early stages of a concussion?

it depends, some people are sensitive to light, some have ringing in the ears, some get headaches, or only get the symptoms if they workout, or other combo's and/or symptoms. obviously your ability to watch tv depends on what the symptoms are and there severity. it really is on an individual basis.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
The worst thing about it, is that when he comes back he probably won't be the same ever again.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Nash was fine this year. Staal is fine. Crosby is fine. Etc.

I hope Zucc will be fine, but Nash is far from fine. Yes, he scored lots of goals in the regular season, but then the wind blew and he is now back to his underachieving.

BarbaraAlphanse

I hope Zucc will be fine, but Nash is far from fine. Yes, he scored lots of goals in the regular season, but then the wind blew and he is now back to his underachieving.

That has little to do w having a previous concussion. Him losing confidence in the playoffs is not related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad