Value of: Zuccarello, Mats.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He is good enough, however the market at the TDL will be saturated with options for RW's and in the past the demand for rentals hasn't been as high as it used to be, so its kind of tough to tell.

It will really come down to the current make-up of where teams are in the standings and those teams needs more than the player himself.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a low 1st or a 2nd and a mid level prospect but its hard to predict at this point. How he plays this season will also have an impact.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think he's the perfect guy for the Bruins, who are weak on RW after Pasta but it's going to have to be a player/prospect because I don't think the Bruins want to give up another 1st.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
1st b prospect roster player
I doubt a roster player of any value will be included since the team trading for him will be playoff-bound unless it's to balance salary.
1st + prospect seems to the the traditional return for a player like him at the deadline.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think he's the perfect guy for the Bruins, who are weak on RW after Pasta but it's going to have to be a player/prospect because I don't think the Bruins want to give up another 1st.
I would guess the Bs would need to offer a package similar to what they gave up for Nash.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

If the Bruins want Zucc, a first and decent prospect is what it will cost.
Some other team will trade their first+ for him. So no worries if you guys are out.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I'd gamble on an unprotected 1st in 2020 if a beefier add was included such as:

Can't miss B prospect
Boom/Bust A prospect
2nd in 2019/

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Hope we trade him for a 1st+ at the deadline but sign him to a 3 year deal or something in the summer when he becomes UFA. So we dont really lose him but get value for him at the deadline.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Rangers probably will continue to go the route they did last year. End up trading 3 guys, having 3, 1st round picks and 2 second rounders. They used that extra 2 from the Devils to trade up to get K'Andre Miller which is probably going to be one of their best moves in franchise history.

Reactions: bfaust30

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is the draft where if we had that extra second round, I would have taken a shot on a goalie. I didn't agree with the decision last season. Since we already did that, I would definitely try and take both 2nds to trade up if possible.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
K'Andre Miller had been dynamite so far, I still think they gave up a lot to trade up for one spot, but the pick is looking better and better

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd gamble on an unprotected 1st in 2020 if a beefier add was included such as:

Can't miss B prospect
Boom/Bust A prospect
2nd in 2019/

By definition, isn't a "B" prospect one that might miss? Or by "B" prospect do you mean a guy that is sure to be an NHLr, but probably a bottom 6 type guy?

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
What's the supply going to be like at the deadline? That will define Zuccarello's value. Duchene, Stone, Hayes, Edler, Eberle, Lee, Skinner and Zuccarello aren't all returning 1sts. Going back 10 deadlines, the average number of 1st round picks moved is close to 2, with the max being 4. Centers, defensemen and gritty wingers get preference for those picks.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What's the supply going to be like at the deadline? That will define Zuccarello's value. Duchene, Stone, Hayes, Edler, Eberle, Lee, Skinner and Zuccarello aren't all returning 1sts. Going back 10 deadlines, the average number of 1st round picks moved is close to 2, with the max being 4. Centers, defensemen and gritty wingers get preference for those picks.

Nash went for a 1st last year. Grabner went for a 2nd and a good defensive prospect in Rykov. Tatar was moved for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Each deadline is different. Inquiring teams can negotiate an extension with Hayes after the New Year.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Nash went for a 1st last year. Grabner went for a 2nd and a good defensive prospect in Rykov. Tatar was moved for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Each deadline is different. Inquiring teams can negotiate an extension with Hayes after the New Year.

I agree. That's why I'd be hesitant to use Nash a baseline for Zuccarello's return.

The Rangers were fortunate that the forward market thinned as it did in February. Vegas held on to Neal and Perron. Toronto kept van Riemsdyk and Bozak. Tavares stayed put. Nash went from a clear second tier option to perhaps the 2nd best forward available, depending on the view of Kane all things considered.

The top flight winger Stone, the centers Duchene and Hayes, and the defenseman Edler get priority over Zuccarello. I think GMs would prioritize Lee for his net-front work. Zuccarello is on a tier with Skinner and maybe Eberle. If I'm Gorton, I'm rooting for Ottawa and the Islanders to stay competitive. The less the supply of quality UFAs, the better for me.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I agree. That's why I'd be hesitant to use Nash a baseline for Zuccarello's return.

The Rangers were fortunate that the forward market thinned as it did in February. Vegas held on to Neal and Perron. Toronto kept van Riemsdyk and Bozak. Tavares stayed put. Nash went from a clear second tier option to perhaps the 2nd best forward available, depending on the view of Kane all things considered.

The top flight winger Stone, the centers Duchene and Hayes, and the defenseman Edler get priority over Zuccarello. I think GMs would prioritize Lee for his net-front work. Zuccarello is on a tier with Skinner and maybe Eberle. If I'm Gorton, I'm rooting for Ottawa and the Islanders to stay competitive. The less the supply of quality UFAs, the better for me.

This is a good point, but Zucc is a different player than what was mentioned. There are actually a number of playoff teams with solid center depth who may be looking to add zucc rather than Duchene or Hayes at a lower cost, so he will have a market and could return a 1st rounder plus a prospect. Can a team get him for a Skinner return? Yes. And, I'm sure Ranger fans would be underwhelmed with that but its all about need and negotiation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->