Injury Report: Zuccarello (infection)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Probably got a nasty staph infection from a hot tub while on vacation during the All Star break

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I read it in VG as a source in Norways national newspaper about his foot injury, but they don`t know hockey though - except when they hire in a hockey expert every Olympic tournament from our international hockey team and x professional players like Espen.

@BleedBlueNYR is a good fan and not read into all what is going on on HF the recent year. What some sometimes forget here is that Zuccarrello was a free signing since he was undrafted, and he is all value so I don`t understand all the negativity recently. I avoid comment on him the recent year based on different agenda on HF. It`s not Zucc fault that Kreider or Mika has been slow with production in their previous seasons, nor any other players they have drafted. I don`t understand the logic - other than some fans in NY enjoy watching Zucc like any other players in NHL.

Personally I doubt Jeff Gorton will lose value if they resign him for 2 years to have a veteran forward with all the new players coming in already next season 2019-20 and training camp.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I read it in VG as a source in Norways national newspaper about his foot injury, but they don`t know hockey though - except when they hire in a hockey expert every Olympic tournament from our international hockey team and x professional players like Espen.

@BleedBlueNYR is a good fan and not read into all what is going on on HF the recent year. What some sometimes forget here is that Zuccarrello was a free signing since he was undrafted, and he is all value so I don`t understand all the negativity recently. I avoid comment on him the recent year based on different agenda on HF. It`s not Zucc fault that Kreider or Mika has been slow with production in their previous seasons, nor any other players they have drafted. I don`t understand the logic - other than some fans in NY enjoy watching Zucc like any other players in NHL.

Personally I doubt Jeff Gorton will lose value if they resign him for 2 years to have a veteran forward with all the new players coming in already next season 2019-20 and training camp.
What if Zucc regresses in those 2 years and nobody will take him. Also thank you for the kind words.

Reactions: Ori

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry I’m new here. Wanted to contribute some info that didn’t look like anyone was talking about that I thought was kinda interesting.

No problem, just a suggestion. If someone doesn't want to read the post it would be easier to make that decision if they read a more descriptive title.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

wtf is this?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Yes I joined just a few days ago.

Why do you pretend being me (Webster)? That's just silly...

Anyway, I'm sure they can check your IP and find out you're not.

Sorry I’m new here. Wanted to contribute some info that didn’t look like anyone was talking about that I thought was kinda interesting.

But you do have an interesting approach, it tells me you've been around for a while :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What if Zucc regresses in those 2 years and nobody will take him. Also thank you for the kind words.

It`s difficult to speculate on it so I usually avoid it, and who had guessed that Nash was about to retire after they moved him Boston, Don Sweeney their GM? I highly doubt it so there you go. :)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I would change the thread title to "Zikarello?"

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes a mode should change the topic to a lower body injury or a foot injury.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It`s difficult to speculate on it so I usually avoid it, and who had guessed that Nash was about to retire after they moved him Boston, Don Sweeney their GM? I highly doubt it so there you go. :)

He’s been regressing for a few seasons already.

Smart money would bet on that continuing.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Fine but not a whole lot regression in his 3 last saesons 61, 59, 53 in pts. @ZuccsFluffierFluffer - do you think he will return full value now since he missed quite a few games already?

I was Golf Clash on my iphone so addictive so sorry for late reply! :)

Anyway can someone start the game day topic - Loffen is delayed so it seems?

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Him originally being a UDFA has no bearing here. It's been almost a decade since he first came to the Rangers.
Stop pretending this means something.

Well missing on a 1st draft pick actually means something - so Zucc is undrafted which means the Franchise have all the value which was my point except the cap hit, but his production is far above his contract value. So my point was it don`t hunt the Franchise future like if they missed on an early 1st pick prospect which Rangers did some years ago about a defender Dylan McIlrath Drafted 2010 NYR, 1st rd, 10th pk (10th overall).

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Well missing on a 1st draft pick actually means something - so Zucc is undrafted which means the Franchise have all the value which was my point except the cap hit, but his production is far above his contract value. So my point was it don`t hunt the Franchise future like if they missed on an early 1st pick prospect which Rangers did some years ago about a defender Dylan McIlrath Drafted 2010 NYR, 1st rd, 10th pk (10th overall).

The Rangers did get a lot of value out of him as a UDFA. They can get even more if they move him for futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->