Zuccarello has 91 points in his last 78 games

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
2022/2023 season: 5 goals 7 assists= 12 points in 8 games

2021/2022 season: 24 goals 55 assists=79 points in 70 games

35 years old, never played better and is performing at an elite level. He obviously led NYR in scoring four times but never scored more than 61 points in any of those seasons. Pretty crazy production from an undrafted and smaller player so late in his career.

Playing with Kaprizov obviously helps but it's not like Zuccarello is being carried by Kaprizov. Zuccarello is clearly a big part of why the duo is playing so well together.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Carries by Kaprizov but he’s still a good player. Hope he sticks around the league a while

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He's always had the IQ and skill of a star player, but lacks the dynamic attributes of Kaprizov. It's not surprising they compliment each other so well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ray Whitney thinks that’s pretty cool.

Pretty much this and has 8 PPP to go with 4 ESP and anyone thinking that he will be a player come playoff time will get the usual .46 PPG in the playoffs but still it's good to see right?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's only played 700 NHL games. Most top 6 players at his age have played a lot more. There is a lot less wear and tear on his body because of it.

He might be a complimentary player, but he's a damn good one. Very smart, very skilled, keeps himself in good shape, and understands completely how to play with Kaprizov. While it's true he is somewhat riding on his coat tails, everyone forgets that his centers have been players like Ryan Hartman, Freddy Gaudreau, and at times Victor Rask, Tyson Jost, and Nick Bjugstad.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Seriously one of the most underrated players in this league, maybe the most underrated in the last 15-20 years. Nobody talks about him and then you look at his stats and he flirts with PPG in many seasons and puts up assists with the best of them.

I remember people laughing at the Wild after that contract but after that 1st season he's been absolute money.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I’m sry but thats not even that impressive. Lots of players have high pt totals over the past year. The league is trending that way. High scoring. So like why is this thread worthy?

Only 15 NHLers in the entire league racked up more than 91pts last season.

I'm not sure how many are off to as good a start this year, but Zucc clearly picked up where he left over, over a PPG.

Makes me wish Dallas still had him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad